Pieri???um???????

AniMoons

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't mind here design, though i do feel her hair might be a little much, but its not as much as Elise's(sp) twin drill pony tails of doom. as for the 3 returning awakening characters, I feel I can kinda understand where both sides are coming from, fire emblem is no stranger to expys and they were the favorites of some, but not all, like i loved Owain's character, but I absolutely hated Severa's. also I think some people just like unique characters and feel like playing a clone of a character in the previous game is disappointing. in the end, just as some can show utter enjoyment with the news, others are allowed to show utter displeasure.

fire emblem is no stranger to expys

I think you are a bit understating here.I mean we literally never got any exact copies of older units in any game.(except for Danved,who is totally not Devdan!But that was recognized within a game that brought back almost all old units)

Sure there are archetypes,but these are never that similar to the originals.

Considering how harshly mean other FE vets rag on Awakening, it's not surprising the Awakening expies are getting so much hate. I think it's over the top too, but unfortunately not unexpected personally. Still, I agree we should wait to find out more about them before getting so mad. I do sympathize with not understanding why they made expies of popular units from the most recent FE game, but it doesn't upset.

I think it's less that they're from Awakening and more that they blatantly copied everything about the characters (Design, personality, and even class for everyone except not!Owain)

I mean, if they did something like that with any other character from a different game I'd still be annoyed, unless it was like Gaiden or something where they mostly don't have enough personality or notable designs in the original for anyone to notice. (Plot twist Kamui is just a rip off of Gaiden's Kamui, they both use swords)

Edited by Espella

Name: Misha

Class: Princess

Dislikes: Curfew, broccoli and her parents

Bio: Misha is super popular in the army and everyone loves her, especially Kamui and Marx <3. She is S ranked in all weapon types but she prefers to use the Yamatogami Sword that Marx gave her. Her main flaw is people think she's too pretty so they get jealous and say mean things. Original character, do not steal.

10/10 will waifu

In all honesty this is my least favorite character design so far, and considering what she's going up against, that's saying a lot. I guess I should be glad she doesn't let me know she has a full D cup, though.

edit: I think it's the super animu hair that makes me ugh.

Edited by Crysta

I think Pieri looks rather cute. I hope her dual personality isn't like Noire's even if she is my favourite female child character.

Pieri is freaking adorable. She ended up taking Elise's spot as my new fave design.

Her hair is a big part of the reason why I find her so adorable and like her design so much.

But I have a tendency to like odd color hair (double props at multi-colored hair) far more then normal colored hair anyways though.

I think you are a bit understating here.I mean we literally never got any exact copies of older units in any game.(except for Danved,who is totally not Devdan!But that was recognized within a game that brought back almost all old units)

Sure there are archetypes,but these are never that similar to the originals.

Palla, Catria and Est want to have words with you.

...Looking at her again, the gradient hair made me think of Byakuren Hijiri.

Though Byakuren's hair is purple at the root and brown at the tips....

So maybe they were playing Touhou? Idk.

Still calling her cotton candy hair. 8D

Palla, Catria and Est want to have words with you.

What do you mean?

Sure there is a trio of pegasus riders in almost any game,but they never looked like the original pegasus sisters.

Or do you talk about their appearance in Gaiden?Because the 3 pegasus sisters in that game weren't a copy of the 3 in FE1,they were the same characters.

What do you mean?

Sure there is a trio of pegasus riders in almost any game,but they never looked like the original pegasus sisters.

Or do you talk about their appearance in Gaiden?Because the 3 pegasus sisters in that game weren't a copy of the 3 in FE1,they were the same characters.

Mostly Gaiden, it's not really out there to think that these "3" Awakening copies could be the exact same as who they seem to be, just under different names. Camus did the same himself.

I think it's less that they're from Awakening and more that they blatantly copied everything about the characters (Design, personality, and even class for everyone except not!Owain)

I mean, if they did something like that with any other character from a different game I'd still be annoyed, unless it was like Gaiden or something where they mostly don't have enough personality or notable designs in the original for anyone to notice. (Plot twist Kamui is just a rip off of Gaiden's Kamui, they both use swords)

Considering the series it's still more hard work making new portraits and new battle models for each of them than they've done in certain games(6,7 and 8) for whole classes. They've obviously put quite a lot of effort in even though they are in spirit the same characters.

(Not to mention I'd rather they re-use Awakening characters than recycle the same old archetypes they've been running since the NES/SNES as "new" characters).

Edited by arvilino

Even though I'm not playing Nohr, I think Pieri is really cute. Shame she's Nohr only though... But, there's gotta be a downside somewhere, I suppose. :P

Even though I'm not playing Nohr, I think Pieri is really cute. Shame she's Nohr only though... But, there's gotta be a downside somewhere, I suppose. :P

Why can't you play both? You're obviously more for Hoshido, but still. Not to mention the third path DLC might bring things up. If you don't have to kill Marx and Ryouma that would be swell.

Edited by Only MU V2

Why can't you play both? You're obviously more for Hoshido, but still. Not to mention the third path DLC might bring things up. If you don't have to kill Marx and Ryouma that would be swell.

I didn't say I couldn't. I said I didn't want to. I'm not interested in the Nohr route for my own reasons. Marx is bleh to me. Plus, I have no desire to go against Ryouma. :( If you knew how hard it was for me to go up against Ike for even one chapter in RD, you'd understand... >.<

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't say I couldn't. I said I didn't want to. I'm not interested in the Nohr route for my own reasons. Marx is bleh to me. Plus, I have no desire to go against Ryouma. :( If you knew how hard it was for me to go up against Ike for even one chapter in RD, you'd understand... >.<

Ike's my favorite too, actually. He's best lord for being himself, kinda inventing the Hero class (my favorite until Awakening's Dread Fighter and Kamui's craziness) and not being caught up and noble stuff. Fighting him as the Sucky Brigade was kinda terrifying and didn't feel right. However, I can still play all routes because it's a what-if, and I'm at peace with what ifs because you can just say one route didn't happen. So you didn't kill Ryouma. Not-you did.

^ huh? what do you mean by inventing the hero class? Confused.

But yeah i'm probaly going to have a bit of trouble on the hoshido path too, i think i am going to do that route as a girl, to try to seperate myself more.

^ huh? what do you mean by inventing the hero class? Confused.

But yeah i'm probaly going to have a bit of trouble on the hoshido path too, i think i am going to do that route as a girl, to try to seperate myself more.

Tellius seems to be in a more ancient time than the rest of the series and Ike is a mercenary (even though his starting class is Ranger) who happens to wear one pauldron and use long/big swords in one hand that eventually promotes to a class that has more armor and can also use axes. Though, since Greil did that first I guess that would be him instead...

Edited by Only MU V2

^ all the worlds being one world theory is just that a theory, the outrealm gate theory i would say hardly affects class origins that much if at all, plus with all the conflicting class designs, weapon types, the origin of anything is suspect. Plus tellius is missing most of the shared lore that the earlier games (1-5) had which were more connected than the others. Plus Ike just happens to have preference weapons that were large swords, the swords don't match the class in those games. Plus ike doesn't have the shield or shield like arm guard that most heroes have, plus as said it would be griel anyway.

On topic Pieri is awesome yay

I would like Pieri more if her hair style was less crazy. I like the multicolour but the super messy pigtails seem so out of place, idk that's weird to say I guess. Also not a fan of dual personality characters that are supposed to be cute because of it but I'll give her a chance. Cyrus is definitely my main cav tho.

Ike's my favorite too, actually. He's best lord for being himself, kinda inventing the Hero class (my favorite until Awakening's Dread Fighter and Kamui's craziness) and not being caught up and noble stuff. Fighting him as the Sucky Brigade was kinda terrifying and didn't feel right. However, I can still play all routes because it's a what-if, and I'm at peace with what ifs because you can just say one route didn't happen. So you didn't kill Ryouma. Not-you did.

Ah, I see. I wouldn't really say Ike invented the Hero class, but he did invent Vanguard! ^^ And Aether!

But anyway, not wanting to go against Ryouma is only one of several reasons I don't want to play Nohr though. Other reasons include a hatred for Camilla, not really being that fond of many of the other character designs for the country, I definitely would not mind fighting against Garon, I like a lot of the Hoshido character designs, and I may find Nohr's route too difficult anyway because it's supposed to be harder.

I may decide to give it a try someday though, who knows? My mind CAN be changed. :P

Yea, I do think they could have been a little less blatant expies but I'll reserve my final judgment until I can see how similar their dialogue is. Owain's speech is so unique I'm kind of worried how they can not make Odin too similar to him in his supports.

But I think it's really mixed. I've seen a number of people say "why IS put FE13 characters in Nohr when you're supposed to be appealing to vets?

I would like Pieri more if her hair style was less crazy. I like the multicolour but the super messy pigtails seem so out of place, idk that's weird to say I guess. Also not a fan of dual personality characters that are supposed to be cute because of it but I'll give her a chance. Cyrus is definitely my main cav tho.

Is it really supposed to be cute? I always thought it was supposed to be comical, in a creepy way. (not just Pieri, but the dual personality trope in general)

what in the name of fresh fuck is even going on here it looks like they shat her out of a 9 year olds' deviant art imo

omfg hold on just dying right now XD why why why why why

Any prior issues I had with her design went out the window once I saw that her skill was called Killer Instinct.

Now, all I can see is her charging around the battlefield, tearing apart Hoshidans left and right, screaming about combos and whatnot.