2nd Play-through 3-7 Ike vs. Black Knight

In order to recruit Lehran, you have to have Ike fight the Black Knight in 3-7. Does Ike have to engage the Black Knight, or does the Balck Knight have to engage Ike? I would have asked on a Q & A thread but I couldn't find one.

In order to recruit Lehran, you have to have Ike fight the Black Knight in 3-7. Does Ike have to engage the Black Knight, or does the Balck Knight have to engage Ike? I would have asked on a Q & A thread but I couldn't find one.

Shouldn't matter either condition will trigger the conversation needed. Ike just needs to survive.

Shouldn't matter either condition will trigger the conversation needed. Ike just needs to survive.

Thanks. Are you sure? I'm just being super careful because I really don't want to have to play through the game again due to a stupid mistake.

I'm positive. Most sites say have Ike attack him because he has more mobility and will be able to get to the BK while I the BK has to wade through a swamp. Either way the appropriate conversation will happen. Also make sure Ike has 27 speed so he doesn't get doubled.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/932999-fire-emblem-radiant-dawn/answers/560-how-do-i-recruit-sephiran-leharn

IIRC, you can give Ike one of those magic cards, and tink the Black Knight from a safe distance. Never tested this myself, though.

Edited by eclipse

IIRC, you can give Ike one of those magic cards, and tink the Black Knight from a safe distance. Never tested this myself, though.

Wow you just possibly came up with the first use I've ever seen with those cards.

If it works you can just throw a card Gambit style and have Haar ferry him away! Its brilliant.

I'm actually playing the level right now and BK attacked and both lived. The conversation was triggered, so I'm hoping I've fulfilled the conditions.

That should do it. Now run like hell. For all the rest of the 2nd play through stuff you can find it here. All you have to do now is fight the BK and see Ike's memory scene.

http://old.serenesforest.net/fe10/hints.html

Edited by LordTaco42

Sorry for double posting, but I don't want to create another thread that would clog the forums.

In 3-E, in order to unlock Soren's epilogue, do both Pelleas and Soren have to survive the level, or can Pelleeas be defeated?

Hi! I'm also playing through my second playthrough right now :) 3-E was just the last chapter I beat. I had read that Soren can't defeat Pelleas in order to trigger the secret secenes, and since he's low leveled compared to most enemies I just left him with 3 HP and then finished the chapter killing enemies worth more experience, like Tauroneo (and Nailah! :D Put her to sleep with Rolf abusing battle save).

As for Ike and the Black Knight, I let Ike get attacked. Then Janaff rescued Ike and flown away, and Ulki kept luring the Black Knight further and further. That way, all the other units got to where Micaiah and Sothe are, and slaughtered them for some nice experience. Well, that and I had to make Soren and Micaiah fight anyway...

Sorry for double posting, but I don't want to create another thread that would clog the forums.

In 3-E, in order to unlock Soren's epilogue, do both Pelleas and Soren have to survive the level, or can Pelleeas be defeated?

Hi! I'm also playing through my second playthrough right now :) 3-E was just the last chapter I beat. I had read that Soren can't defeat Pelleas in order to trigger the secret secenes, and since he's low leveled compared to most enemies I just left him with 3 HP and then finished the chapter killing enemies worth more experience, like Tauroneo (and Nailah! :D Put her to sleep with Rolf abusing battle save).

Here ya go. Mind you this can only be done on a 2nd playthrough.

4) Soren Epilogue scene

• Make Soren fight Micaiah in Part 3 Chapter 7.
  • Choose not to kill Pelleas in Part 3 Chapter 13.
  • Make Soren fight Pelleas in Part 3 Final Chapter.
  • Soren and Pelleas both survive until the end of the game.
  • During the Epilogue, an extra scene will appear where Almedha briefly speaks with Soren.

http://old.serenesforest.net/fe10/hints.html

Edited by LordTaco42

I'm aware of that, but does triggering that prevent Soren's epilogue?

Don't think it should but drop a save here just in case. I would have faith that IS would assume that Soren would wipe Pelleas across the floor and still activate Soren's extra content.

I'm aware of that, but does triggering that prevent Soren's epilogue?

Nah he just has to fight him. If you beat him he still gets it. By retreat he retreats like the rest of the Dawn Brigade does when you fight them with the Greil Mercs.

I would try not to defeat him just in case. There is a certain web (http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe10/guia/desbloqueables-al-acabar.htm) that says you have to avoid "killing" Pelleas. I know that's not what Serenes Forest says, but that other web has also proved reliable for me until now.

In my case, Soren was already a level 2 arch sage. I battle saved, equipped him with Elthunder and proceeded to attack Pelleas until Soren didn't kill him using Adept or/and Flare. And as I said, Pelleas won't be giving you a lot of experience anyway, at least compared to the NPC enemies of the chapter (and Nolan, Edward, etc if you trained them a bit...). What's more, from my experience at least, Pelleas doesn't move at all. At least not until you attack him.

You can also attack Pelleas with Calill's Meteor so you don't double him. That way you don't need to bring Soren so far, and can finish the chapter without having to reach the point where Nailah and the others are. My "problem" was that my Soren had enough strength to double attack him with Meteor anyway, so I had to do what I said.

... And you could also kill Pelleas for the science and let us know what happened. It's your choice :Rei:

Edited by Zelgius150