What to do when RNG is not in my favor.

CrimsonPenguin

...skills?

You can burn random numbers by selecting a unit and then moving the cursor randomly changing the movement arrow. The direction the arrow takes burns rns.

Well, they've been missing a lot and I think I skipped a lot of Secret Books XD

Maybe I should retry from the start of Eliwood chapter.

Oh skill. You've been missing? May I know what chapter, what difficulty/mode, and what characters you're talking about?

All my mages are lacking in skill.

ALL OF THEM.

Florina and Fiora too.

I'm on Eliwood Route Chapter 24, where they went to find Athos, I believe.

Edited by PenguinZ

If you're using steel weapons, they're likely to miss. Same with thunder and dark magic. If you really have trouble just use Pent when you get him. As for the Peggies, that sucks because they have good growths in skill. What are their skill stats? (All mages you're using and peg Knights) Are they missing against everybody, or just against bosses?

• 2 months later...

Well, they've been missing a lot and I think I skipped a lot of Secret Books XD

Maybe I should retry from the start of Eliwood chapter.

Well...there weren't a lot of secret books to be found anyway.

Next time, check the map before a battle and look at the enemies. Some of them have promotion or stat increasing items available to be stolen.

If you've been horribly unlucky with Skill gains on level ups you'll have to stick to using lighter, or accurate tomes/weapons. It'll simultaneously preserve your Funds rank to boot.

If by the late chapters you've somehow fallen suuuper far behind in that department, it's bad news, but you can try to make do with Pent or (??) Nino. You get one final sage with fairly well rounded stats in the final bit of the game, if none of your other magicians made it there.

Not having a pegasus knight wasn't a serious liability for me, at least on Eliwood Normal mode. I took Florina out for a single joyride during Night of Farewells to get rid of some logistics involving taking the chests on the NE island. but she was pre promoted level 7 and had a few close calls.

Nino and Afa's Drops are your last bet at raising a strong magician, though I won't comment on whether its worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, if I recall, if you have a member card, there are hidden locations for some shops, and I recall one selling Secret Books.

I should do some research....