Character Level Theory

Marros

So in one of the recent Trailers we saw that Felicia (a pre-promoted Maid) was at Level 40. Speculation was that pre-promotes get an extra 20 levels to help keep up.

However, what if this games leveling system is like Genealogy? (at least I think it was Genealogy) where promoting doesn't reset your level, it just gives you 10 (or in this case 20) more levels to work with.

I think we've already seen confirmation that promotion reverts a unit's level to 1, and Tsukuyomi's personal skill has a "lvl+20 for promoted units"-ish clause. So at this point the Genealogy system seems somewhat unlikely, if you ask me.

I do wonder about that level 40 Felicia though. I know people say she's a prepromote because she has been shown having 2 class skills at level 2, but we don't have all that much information on when and how skills are learned other than what we know from Awakening, or do we? And with 20 HP at level 2, her stats hardly look like those of a (pre)promoted unit to me. Perhaps maids and butlers are simply a special case?

Edited by Icy Toast

I get the feeling that maids and butlers don't promote from anything, so I would imagine that they simply could level up 40 times for compensation. Pretty much the same case as Marth and the thieves in FE11 as they don't promote into/from anything and could level up to 30 so I'd say the speculation so far is fairly reasonable, but only for special classes

Edited by lbrasz44

Or maybe it's that promoted units can go to level 40. So a lvl 1 unpromoted can get 60 levels total.

To be honest in awakening with the reclassing you can easily get 60 levels, so it doesn't seem farfechted.

Another theory is that since it's a streetpass battle, all units are autolevelled so that they can be equal. But I don't think that's likely.

And with 20 HP at level 2, her stats hardly look like those of a (pre)promoted unit to me. Perhaps maids and butlers are simply a special case?

Maybe she and Joker are simply Jeigan's ? But with the 40 levels she can gain it's possible her growths will allow her to keep up.

I supported this theory before, but didn't remember the proof about class change reseting levels at the time.

I would guess it's as simple as level cap being raised, at least for promoted units.

Wait where was it confirmed maids are pre-promoted?

Felicia can only reclass into Brave Hero, Bow Knight, and Strategist. It's been confirmed that units will only have one reclass option now instead of 2, in other words they can reclass into one other class tree. Bow Knight and Brave Hero both promote from Mercs. That suggests Maid/Butler and Strategist promote from the same unit (Rod Knights).

Though even if, for some reason, Maid/Strategist aren't related, it's still telling that Maids can only reclass via Parallel seal into promoted classes. Usually special units like dancers reclass into basic units.

Felicia can only reclass into Brave Hero, Bow Knight, and Strategist. It's been confirmed that units will only have one reclass option now instead of 2, in other words they can reclass into one other class tree. Bow Knight and Brave Hero both promote from Mercs. That suggests Maid/Butler and Strategist promote from the same unit (Rod Knights).

Though even if, for some reason, Maid/Strategist aren't related, it's still telling that Maids can only reclass via Parallel seal into promoted classes. Usually special units like dancers reclass into basic units.

They also have 2 skills at level 2 and 3 skills at level 9, which fits the pattern of promoted classes. The skills they have look the same as Troubadours (aka Rod Knights).