Can all enemy units be captured?

Rapier

Even bosses or 'special' units such as siblings?

No, I believe bosses(which would be siblings) were confirmed as to not be capturable. All generic troops can be captured, however. Or at least I think so.

^ said something about bosses and special units. I would assume capturing Nosferatu for example would not work.

Horrible mental images of Orochi trying to persuade a Nosferatu.

...Someone out there is going to draw that now, aren't they?

Edited by Thane

^In hindsight the nosferatu is all geared for such an occasion with the mask and all...

OH GOD THE MENTAL IMAGES, MAKE THEM STOP!

Good news for Hoshido players who like Awakening, Lazward will most likely be the first Nohr unit to let himself be "captured"

Pssh. I like Awakening, going for Hoshido, but first chance I get I'm going to destroy that bastard. And Odin. And Luna. Maybe not Pieri but the rest are going down.

Good news for Hoshido players who like Awakening, Lazward will most likely be the first Nohr unit to let himself be "captured"

Bah, not!Inigo and not!Owain are going to get captured on my Hoshido playthrough for the sole purpose of being hung, drawn and quartered for my personal enjoyment.

I hope I can recruit Odin, Pieri and Benoit. I wonder how it'll work with Pieri.

Outside of streetpass interactions, you won't be able to.

Edited by NekoKnight

Outside of spotpass interactions, you won't be able to.

Crap! No support for me! But I'll end up playing Norh anyway so. I can live with it.

I am pretty sure that people in some of the other threads have been discussing that the capture mechanic only works on generic units, and it won't work on bosses or certain special units. In other words, I'm pretty sure not all enemy units can be captured.

Rapier you have BBM-level reading skills even outside of mafia

You can only capture 2 units per chapter, They have to be generic units you cannot capture any special characters. The generic units will be given unique names(So you can tell the difference between the ones you've captured) and yeaahh that's all that's been said.

I am pretty sure that people in some of the other threads have been discussing that the capture mechanic only works on generic units, and it won't work on bosses or certain special units. In other words, I'm pretty sure not all enemy units can be captured.

Rapier you have BBM-level reading skills even outside of mafia

The capture threads were too long, I didn't read them.

Eww, generic units sucks. I'm not sure whether I'll even bother capturing the mooks.

• 3 months later...

This is all I've gathered from hours and hours of capturing, grinding, and experimenting with captured units so far:

-You can't capture Nosferatu/Golems/Demons.

-Any generic unit can be captured, including skirmish bosses.

-Only several boss characters that mostly appear in paralogues are capturable and have voices/set names. (Banba, Daniela, Daichi, Draj, Funk, Gazzack, Haitaka, Hormone, Kumagera, Nacht, Sennou, Vashala, and William)

-All captured generics are mute (Even ones that were encountered in story Chapters or Paralogues) and have randomly generated names. (I've yet to see two captured units with the same name)

-From what I have seen, all captured units have atrocious growth rates, usually gaining 1 or 2 raised stats, 3 if you're lucky. This makes it best (If you're that crazy about wasting your entire playthrough's savings on grinding) to capture units from the Infinite Chasm, since they will be Base Class and at a low level, or use an Eternal Seal to push forward their level cap)

-Each captured unit only has one class in its class tree, and is usually missing skill until gained through grinding. This also prevents them from gaining skills from other classes that share a promotion. (For instance, a generic Lancer will not gain Spellcaster skills after promoting to Basara)

-Though this probably can't prove anything, it may be of note that I have a pre-promoted generic Dark Knight who's stat growths seemed to get better as it leveled up, especially after going through levels gained through an Eternal Seal.

This topic is pretty old, there was a more active one (although it's also old) discussing the capturable units which already had some information about them.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54997&page=8

Anyway, as far as growth rates go, even the ones from the generics are available on Serenes by now (remember to add up the class ones to these).

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/other-characters/growth-rates/

Some bosses start with skills from outside of their class lines, although even for those it depends on how late you go there, and the difficulty level, while others never have any extra skills, doesn't matter how high their level is when you first meet them. The ones that can get extra skills seem to be Daniela (Hoshido campaign), Haitaka, Kumagera (Nohr campaign), William, Hormone and Gazzack (from the children chapters). This is for the base game though. I think some bosses reappear in DLC maps, and I don't know about their stats and skills there, or whether they can be captured.

Edited by NeonZ