Who do you main.

Lethakitty

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Luigi and Ness have been mains of mine since Smash 64.

When Melee came around and I unlocked Roy, he became a main for that game. I was sad he was taken out of Brawl, but when they announced him as DLC for Smash 4 I was so happy to have him back! Roy's my boy, after all.

In Brawl I picked up Meta Knight. I eventually realized how good he was, but I like the character so I kept using him.

As for Smash 4, include the previous 4 characters and add on Corrin and Kirby.

• 3 weeks later...

I only seriously play Melee, but I consider myself okay at Smash 4 as well. 

Melee: Marth. The only thing that stopped me from maining Roy was how bad he was in comparison to Marth.

Smash 4: Robin mostly, started playing Marth after 1.1.4 dropped, now I try to dual-main the two. 

On 9/20/2017 at 10:25 PM, Intercopter said:

I only seriously play Melee, but I consider myself okay at Smash 4 as well. 

i found another cultured person!

I'm probably going to drop Fox for Falco. Fox hasn't been as fun and Falco being less stressful for hands and in general is nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I mostly only play Melee, but I've started dabbling in Smash 4 since the local Smash 4 tournaments fit my schedule a lot better than the local Melee tournaments. 

64: Falcon, but my Link is sick.

Melee: Peach/Fox - I was doing solo Peach for a while, but it's so easy to hit a skill plateau with floaties. I've always wanted to go solo Fox, but I've got hand problems already and I can't always play Fox at a tournament level without pain. 

Brawl: Yoshi - I toyed around with a lot of secondaries to cover the problem matchups, though. Falco and Marth were both virtually unwinnable, ICs and Olimar were both pretty hard as well.

PM: Ivysaur/MK - I also had a really sick Pit in 3.02, but they completely ruined him in all of the later patches.

Smash 4: Cloud/Bowser Jr. - When the game first came out, I played Bowser Jr. almost exclusively. He's my favorite character on the roster, hands down, and I love the way they designed him. The problem is, as much fun as Bowser Jr. is, he's not very good. I already suffered through the struggle of being a low tier main in Brawl. It's a big time commitment, and you have to be really dedicated to grinding out every little detail of your problem matchups. I don't have any intention of putting in that level of work in Smash 4 just to barely scrape by, and Cloud felt the most natural to me of all the viable characters. So now I play Cloud most of the time, but occasionally bring out Bowser Jr. for Diddy and Pikachu (and GOOD Bayonetta players, since that matchup is actually like 70:30 Bayo favored, but 99% of Bayo mains are scrubs and let you win for free). I do need to lab out the Cloud matchup against Marth/Lucina and Sheik, though. Those are two matchups where my pocket Bowser Jr. can't help me, and the matchup isn't easy for Cloud. In fact, in all of 2017, the only players I've lost to in tournament that weren't ranked top 10 in Vegas were a Lucina main (twice) and a Sheik main.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really main that much.  I have characters I prefer playing to others though, so I will try to comprise a list.

64: Ness (maybe)

Melee: Mewtwo (back in the day), Peach (to some extent)

Brawl: Snake

SSB4: Greninja

• 3 weeks later...

I must say, I don't really have mains in the games. I play with multiple characters. Sometimes I feel like playing as Mario, sometimes my pick goes to Marth or Lucina. I enjoy multiple play styles. In regards of Smash 4 I actually switch between Link and the Fire Emblem characters. Looks like I'm in for Slash Bros. rather than Smash Bros. No really, I like sword fighters :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have mained Peach in Melee, she is good with the up special, good for dealing a ton of damage .Snake and Wolf in Brawl, Snake fit my style of gameplay in the game. Wolf is my other main he is easy to control and I spam my down special with him because the CPUs are constantly attacking me with projectiles.

For Smash 4 I main Peach, she is even better in this Smash game than in Melee.

• 2 weeks later...