ZeRo's Tier List

Jedi

ZeRo who is pretty much one of the absolute best players of Smash 4 decided to do a small video series on what he thinks the tier list looks like currently.

He states its even his opinion, and that it may not be right, but here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omU3zzwIMlw

High

Mid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vl2gtLQuc

Now he's gone off tournament results and his own experience. Characters who didn't reach it up to mid even he admits it's partly due to lack of dedicated players trying to learn their best options and just simply results not always going in their favor.

His list at a glance is.

S Tier: Sheik, Rosalina, Luigi, Pikachu
A+ Tier: Diddy, Ness, Mii Brawler, Sonic
A- Tier: Villager, Fox, Zero Suit Samus, Mario
B+ Tier: Olimar, Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Pit/Dark Pit, Wario
C+ Tier: ROB, Palutena, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Meta Knight, Kirby, Greninja
C- Tier: Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr., Mega Man, Little Mac, Lucario, Shulk, Bowser
Low and Bottom Tiers (not in order): Peach, Game and Watch, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, Marth, Ike, Robin, King Dedede, Falco, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Wii Fit Trainer, Dr Mario, Lucina, Mewtwo, Mii Gunner and Mii Swordfighter
Edited by Jedi

He thinks Luigi is the third best character in the game?! Well holy moly. o.o

I still think Ike belongs in C- or C+ tier, but otherwise, looks alright to me. I only know a lot about a few characters, so yeah.

He thinks Luigi is the third best character in the game?! Well holy moly. o.o

I still think Ike belongs in C- or C+ tier, but otherwise, looks alright to me. I only know a lot about a few characters, so yeah.

I'd actually place Ike where Bowser is myself.

My personal disagreements are that I feel Tink should be higher, and that Fox, Olimar and Mac should be lower.

Edited by Jedi

Been watching these.

If there's any single person whom I'd trust their opinion on a tier list, it's probably ZeRo. His list seems pretty solid and he backs it all up pretty well.

Given the evidence the list is based on, it's hard to disagree with it. The best characters perform the best at tournaments.

Only issue I have is that Peach should be higher (mid tier). But she doesn't win that frequently so I can see why she's near the bottom.

Regarding Peach, I have a feeling ZeRo will say something along the lines of believing she could be higher but that she doesn't have results/no one really notable is playing her. She, Robin, and Wii Fit Trainer are the ones in his lower tiers that I could see being mid.

The funny thing is, pretty much the general consensus is that all the Fire Emblem characters are low tier.

All Roy needs is to be mid tier and he's the best Fire Emblem character.

The funny thing is, pretty much the general consensus is that all the Fire Emblem characters are low tier.

All Roy needs is to be mid tier and he's the best Fire Emblem character.

Roy is in C-Tier, also, he's not a Fire Emblem character.

Regarding Peach, I have a feeling ZeRo will say something along the lines of believing she could be higher but that she doesn't have results/no one really notable is playing her. She, Robin, and Wii Fit Trainer are the ones in his lower tiers that I could see being mid.

Peaches main issue is her lack of good ko options, she can combo and rack up damage all day (take this from a part Peach main). I mean sure I can get Ko's with some of her smashes and up air and fair, its just oddly hard to make them guaranteed. Sometimes I build up someone's rage and they just Ko me because I can't quite finish the job.

Its quite irritating.

Hm, Peach isn't one I tend to find myself having a hard time killing with, at least not anymore than other characters. Her float helps her edge guard and a back throw at the edge can kill moderately early.

Maybe I just need to play her differently then I have been. I'm so used to floating just to build up damage lol.

I think I'm too used to her Melee and Brawl iterations still.

I main Pit, and I suppose ZeRo's placement of him is accurate. I would have thought he'd be a little lower though.

I still think Pit is better than Dark Pit though, mainly because Palutena's Bow is much more versatile, f-tilt is a better get-out-of-my-face move, and Upperdash Arm can actually KO at reasonable percents on average sized characters.

It's true that Pit is a character based on how well you make decisions, but ZeRo doesn't mention that almost all of Pit's moves that SHOULD be useful are, in fact, rather laggy. Palutena's Bow has horrible end lag, fair and dair have some start up, and f-tilt is a bit slow.

I can remember that Peach could even oneshot an opponent with her parasol on small stages like Brinstar. "Parasol-Spamming" was pretty fun.

In general how can an improved character like her get so much worse in the tierlist?

I'll never understand these tierlists...

Tbh I never ever gave a shit on these.

I main Pit, and I suppose ZeRo's placement of him is accurate. I would have thought he'd be a little lower though.

I still think Pit is better than Dark Pit though, mainly because Palutena's Bow is much more versatile, f-tilt is a better get-out-of-my-face move, and Upperdash Arm can actually KO at reasonable percents on average sized characters.

It's true that Pit is a character based on how well you make decisions, but ZeRo doesn't mention that almost all of Pit's moves that SHOULD be useful are, in fact, rather laggy. Palutena's Bow has horrible end lag, fair and dair have some start up, and f-tilt is a bit slow.

Pit's really fun, but yeah he has some lag, although accounting for that isn't SUPER hard. I suppose it just matters on the situation.

I can remember that Peach could even oneshot an opponent with her parasol on small stages like Brinstar. "Parasol-Spamming" was pretty fun.

In general how can an improved character like her get so much worse in the tierlist?

I'll never understand these tierlists...

Tbh I never ever gave a shit on these.

Tierlists are mostly just results/opinions based. Smash 4 is a bit of a beast to tackle because patches and new characters coming in. (Heck we have one coming in 2 days).

You can ignore them if you aren't really competitive, and heck the lists change from results, thats partly why i'm hoping when I get to AZ I can change some opinions.

zero is probably the best smash 4 player, but not the smartest. saying stuff like "oh i'm the leading force in falcon's metagame" proves that. with that said, i don't trust him that much.

Maybe I just need to play her differently then I have been. I'm so used to floating just to build up damage lol.

I think I'm too used to her Melee and Brawl iterations still.

downsmash.gif

Edited by Comet

granted this is a customs-on tier list otherwise i cant see shulk and robin (shulk moreso) being that low.

actually even with customs on i cannot for the life of me see shulk being that low.

Edited by cnkern