Do you dislike a character simply because of their looks?

Chiki

I personally only judge a character based on their personality, but I do like to use characters who look cute no matter what.

I notice Camilla gets a lot of hate simply because her boobs and butt are exposed, even though she seems to be a really caring and kind person. Why is this?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same deal on the cute.

But yeah I'll admit I am kind of petty when it comes to the looks of a character, but that's because this is animeland, people outta be cute because they can be. =w=

Eh. I guess cause it feels like the developers are trying to push looks over personality? I dunno, I don't like Camilla cause she just seems off. Not really cause of her looks. I mean yeah, she seems like a nice and caring person but I dunno about that.

Sometimes.

Most of the time the characters that I find ugly just happen to have an ugly personality as well...

I don't like Jill mainly because of how she looks, though.

I also think that I dislike Elfie because of how homely she is.

No other examples come to mind..

Edited by Sumia

I personally only judge a character based on their personality, but I do like to use characters who look cute no matter what.

I notice Camilla gets a lot of hate simply because her boobs and butt are exposed, even though she seems to be a really caring and kind person. Why is this?

1. You're really obsessed with this topic

2. we don't actually know enough about this character yet so people are allowed to make judgements based solely on design (I'm OK with it personally, i just wish she wore pants)

3. Character/ memorability means a lot more to me than aesthetics but if someones design is so offensively bad i won't use them (haven't seen one just yet)

1. You're really obsessed with this topic

2. we don't actually know enough about this character yet so people are allowed to make judgements based solely on design (I'm OK with it personally, i just wish she wore pants)

3. Character/ memorability means a lot more to me than aesthetics but if someones design is so offensively bad i won't use them (haven't seen one just yet)

1. Oh yeah, I think about it day and night.

2. We know a decent amount about Camilla yet people are still talking about how they want to kill Camilla simply because her boobs and butt are exposed.

3. Camilla?

I judge characters based on their personality/story

But for characters whose personality or story is not yet revealed, their looks sometimes can effect my thoughts about them

Yeah, saying that you want to kill Camilla just because of her design seems really off putting to me as well. I like Camilla's design if you ignore the bottom half tbh (and the boob belt I guess). I don't mind boobs or butts at all but the design.. lmao pls help her. That said, I think I'll like her as a character, regardless of design.

To answer the question, no, not at all.

No. I always wait to know more about them. Except if a character has red hair then I like them instantly.

I mean, I don't dislike Frederick simply because his penis is bulging out of his pants:

Frederick_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

And Orochi because you can almost see her pubes:

Orochi_portrait.png

Edited by Chiki

Yes. I didn't like the way units of the knight class looked in Awakening and therefore I benched Kellam because I didn't like his design. I haven't got anything against Camilla though.

Ehh... I wouldn't consider myself one of those people who hate stuff only because of their appearance. In fact, I find hating a character solely because of appearance (or because the camera focused on a part of their body, which has nothing to do with the character themselves) rather discrimintory.

Tiki as an adult has big breasts, something I usually don't like, personally. However, despite this, I really like her, due to her personality and dragon connections, and that's before accounting for her beautiful face, pointy ears and hair, making her one of my favorite FE characters.

Well, right now all we have for 99% of the characters is their design. I wouldn't call the character profiles much of a personality.

So yeah, some of the characters whose design I don't like (Camilla, Hinoka, Oboro, Harold, Benoit) might grow on me when I actually get to know them, while others whose design I like (Cyrus, Nishiki, Rinka, Suzukaze, Takumi, Joker, Leon and the blue haired Maid) might turn into huge disappointments.

I mean, I don't dislike Frederick simply because his penis is bulging out of his pants:

Eh, what? That looks pretty much like most clothed males, unless they are wearing really baggy pants.

Well, right now all we have for 99% of the characters is their design. I wouldn't call the character profiles much of a personality.

So yeah, some of the characters whose design I don't like (Camilla, Hinoka, Oboro, Harold, Benoit) might grow on me when I actually get to know them, while others whose design I like (Cyrus, Nishiki, Rinka, Suzukaze, Takumi, Joker, Leon and the blue haired Maid) might turn into huge disappointments.

Eh, what? That looks pretty much like most clothed males, unless they are wearing really baggy pants.

It's bulging way too much. It looks like he's very well-endowed.

I think Camilla's outfit is stupid. From what I have read I think I would like her character and I do like her head/face design, just the further down the worse it gets.

As for why people hate her. I think IS and many of the fan-boys here are just shoving Camilla's boobs into our faces too much. I don't like her outfit, quit shoving it in my face every chance you get.

And OP, you seem to be the person who's only opinion of female characters seems to be based on their 'assets' (that's how I remember it, tell me if I'm wrong). Things like Nxy being a disappointing design and saying things like 'why shouldn't they show their boobs'.

And although I do think comments like that are extremely sexist, I'm not flaming you here, but IMO your comments contradict themselves. You don't consider yourself shallow, but at the same time seem to be basing your opinion on characters on their cup-size?

And OP, you seem to be the person who's only opinion of female characters seems to be based on their 'assets' (that's how I remember it, tell me if I'm wrong). Things like Nxy being a disappointing design and saying things like 'why shouldn't they show their boobs'.

And although I do think comments like that are extremely sexist, I'm not flaming you here, but IMO your comments contradict themselves. You don't consider yourself shallow, but at the same time seem to be basing your opinion on characters on their cup-size?

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but FINALLY, someone else says it. This is what I'd been trying to say and is why Chiki offends me. I'm just like Nyx, young-looking and fairly flat chested. Chiki is basically calling me and any other girl like that ugly, which is hurtful. Admittedly, I don't find flat chests on women really attractive myself, but I'm not going to say they're automatically ugly for it! They can still look pretty or cute. Cordelia is fairly flat and I think she's pretty, for example.

As for why Camilla gets hate, a person can dislike a "kind and caring" character, you know... I've seen dislike for characters like Sumia, and she is definitely "kind and caring."

For the most part, no - if I dislike a character, the main reason is generally something else. Either way, there aren't that many FE characters I'd consider ugly (the only non-villain characters I'd consider ugly off the top of my head are Makalov and Gonzales, and both of them have something else going against them).

Edited by Levant Caprice

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but FINALLY, someone else says it. This is what I'd been trying to say and is why Chiki offends me. I'm just like Nyx, young-looking and fairly flat chested. Chiki is basically calling me and any other girl like that ugly, which is hurtful. Admittedly, I don't find flat chests on women really attractive myself, but I'm not going to say they're automatically ugly for it! They can still look pretty or cute. Cordelia is fairly flat and I think she's pretty, for example.

As for why Camilla gets hate, a person can dislike a "kind and caring" character, you know... I've seen dislike for characters like Sumia, and she is definitely "kind and caring."

I don't think you're automatically ugly, or ugly. =_=

Can you describe why you actually hate Camilla? Is it solely because of her looks?

I don't think you're automatically ugly, or ugly. =_=

Can you describe why you actually hate Camilla? Is it solely because of her looks?

...You've asked me that question a bunch of times already and a bunch of times I've TOLD you and other people why. Now if I keep repeating it anymore, others are going to get annoyed that I'm bringing it up too often.

And others have made it clear to me that my bringing things up so often is irritating.

Edited by Anacybele