Do you dislike a character simply because of their looks?

Chiki

While I think Pieri's personality and personal skill sound interesting (I liked Noire) her design is just uh . idk there is just way too much about her. When If will be out in the west, I will probably not use her in my fist few playthroughs, except if she turns out to be hilarious.

When i first saw Lissa I was expecting something else but was positively surprised that she was so fun an refreshing (at least for me)

I often make a first impression when i see a new character based on their looks but I am not afraid to change that when I know more about thier personality, for example I really liked Gregor in Awakening because he was such a fun and good guy.

About Camilla, I find her battle panties pretty stupid and think she would look better with pants but other than that I like her design and I don't mind her exposed boobs.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...You've asked me that question a bunch of times already and a bunch of times I've TOLD you and other people why. Now if I keep repeating it anymore, others are going to get annoyed that I'm bringing it up too often.

And others have made it clear to me that my bringing things up so often is irritating.

It's not irritating to me. Is it because of this?

Hey, that screenshot shows that characters can have six skills now instead of five. That's pretty neat. :o

Also, I hate Camilla already. That design is even worse than Tharja's. Just, ugh. She might as well only be in her underwear if she's going to go around with her panties and bra showing like that. The heavy cleavage is stupid too. As are her transplant-looking round big boobs. I bet if my stepdad happened to glance over at my screen and see her, he'd be like "What the fuck are you playing?!" -_-

Ana, if Chiki is offending you, you can use the report button on his posts or user page. The mods can handle the situation.

Also, little fun fact: For a good while after seeing adult Tiki in Awakening (before I grew fond of her), I never realized she had giant breasts in her sprite portrait. :P

I considered that, but I don't think it would be considered outright flaming or breaking any rules. It's more an insult to my personal appearance and beliefs, not a general attack. Besides, I appear to be the only one here so far that's taking any major issue.

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, if Chiki is offending you, you can use the report button on his posts or user page. The mods can handle the situation.

Also, little fun fact: For a good while after seeing adult Tiki in Awakening (before I grew fond of her), I never realized she had giant breasts in her sprite portrait. :P

There is a difference between offending somebody or taking offence to something.

It's not against the rules to ask someone why they don't like a character, or to say that I like big breasted women..

Anyway, I also take offense at the fact that you want to kill off characters simply because they have big breasts. I think it's shallow.

There is a difference between offending somebody or taking offence to something.

I didn't mean to imply that I'm taking her side (or any side) in this. I'm stating that if anyone in general encounters any kind of content in a post and they feel it is a personal attack on them or a group of people, then they should use the report button if they are so confident that that the content poster's behavior is wrong and should be punished. Whatever the mods do, be it listen to or decline the report, will be the correct judgement. Edited by DarkGold777

It's not against the rules to ask someone why they don't like a character, or to say that I like big breasted women..

Anyway, I also take offense at the fact that you want to kill off characters simply because they have big breasts. I think it's shallow.

Except ONCE AGAIN, I've said many many times over why I don't like this character and that her big balloon boobs aren't the ONLY REASON I HATE HER. I'm not repeating myself, that's the end of it.

Except ONCE AGAIN, I've said many many times over why I don't like this character and that her big balloon boobs aren't the ONLY REASON I HATE HER. I'm not repeating myself, that's the end of it.

Really? I didn't see you say it elsewhere.

Could you please tell me what other reason that is?

Well, then you need to pay more attention, because I've posted several times all the reasons I dislike Camilla. You snooze, you lose. I'm not saying it again.

Also, congratulations, because you're going on my ignore list. I'm tired of you bothering me too.

Well, then you need to pay more attention, because I've posted several times all the reasons I dislike Camilla. You snooze, you lose. I'm not saying it again.

Also, congratulations, because you're going on my ignore list. I'm tired of you bothering me too.

If you expect people to read and remember about your opinion in other threads, why even bother to post in this one to begin with? I kek'd

Edited by Lee

Thing is, I've also already explained my dislike for her to Chiki at least once. Why he's ignoring that, I don't know.

No you haven't. You never properly answer my question. Apart from her looks, why do you dislike her?

Tbh it disappoints me that you put me on your ignore list, because I actually think you're funny and you're one of my favorite members.

Edited by Chiki

^As I see it he doesn't understand your reasoning. Maybe that's why he asked for it?!

He keeps saying "why do you dislike Camilla" not "I don't understand your reasons for disliking Camilla" so I never got that vibe.

I dislike Ryouma's design (no offense to anyone). All I can think about when I see him is Sonic the Hedgehog because I'm equal parts gamer and eleven-year-old boy in the early 2000s.

As such, I will not be able to take his character seriously...

The creepy thing is, I've grown to like cute characters more as I've grown older...I thought it was supposed to go the other way around, but apparently I've gotten soft or just extremely perverted without noticing

Still, I prefer more sensible and functional looks; I don't mind some characters looking weird (we're talking about fictional worlds, after all), but in a game like Fire Emblem: If where everyone looks like they're on their way home from a circus, it quickly becomes overbearing and loses its charm.

Of course, I'd never dislike a character just because it looks bad, that's just silly. Personality, motivation and so on will always take precedence over whether or not a character is kawaii desu moe chibi.

Edit: the only exception is Spark Brushel from Apollo Justice:

brushel-normal%28a%29.gif

And one more, because I'm a sadist:

brushel-damage.gif

Edited by Thane

Chiki I don't mean to be a troll but was this thread made specifically in response to your debate with Ana? You don't have to answer if you feel like it will start a flame war/otherwise don't want to.