6/13 Miraculous ___ in Smash Leak

Crimson Red

WARNING: OBVIOUSLY THIS WHOLE THREAD IS SPOILERS FOR NOW SINCE IT INVOLVES LEAKS.

So I noticed no one posted on the recent Smash Bros. leak as of me typing up this post (http://t.co/bV6Vvs929n)

being that I don't go here I don't know if there's a thread I'm "supposed to" post this in, so I'm going to risk getting warned and make a new thread to share not only that Roy is coming to Smash 4, but also that

https://gyazo.com/e4acaefe4c2b944dbd4c4ac0887dd25f

Pretty much, the character got leaked and I just randomly woke up when it did to get the news right on time. Some kind of actual miracle that is amazing given that my friend and I have a long history of being Roy fans/mains and he is pretty much our 10+ year old FE site's mascot at this point (most of my avatars were of Roy), so yeah, I can't put it into words but we both agreed we'd pay like stupid amount of money ($20 or even $40) for Roy and now he's really appearing and NNNNHHHH I can't put into words how I feel right now

That aside feel free to discuss the actual leak

http://nintendoeverything.com/ryu-roy-leaked-for-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/is a link to more info/a render of Roy

Edited by Crimson Red

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole group of us did know, and Shin mentioned to try not to spoil it before it was actually revealed. Cats out of the bag now though

At first, I was indifferent on the idea of Ryu making it in. He is iconic as hell, but his character is quite dull, but seeing him in the game has made me hyped. Roy looks really badass like a mix between FE6 and Awakening's styles. I hope that he isn't too similar to Marth.

Tried to avoid seeing any spoilers, but eventually saw it by accident somewhere else.

Ah well.

This is cool news, though, and I'm especially glad that it's nothing too surprising, since data has been known to exist for some time now (not going to watch the footage, though).

One of the two might have potential to become my second since Bowser didn't work out for me this time..

I am fucking loving Roy's alt palettes.

I love how his look in this game partially draws from FE13 DLC Roy art. After all, he's DLC in this game as well!

can't wait to play as goku, either

I'm happy Roy's design used some elements of his Awakening design (long boots, white area in the middle of his shirt, belt, forearm armor), rather than just being an updated version of his original artwork. It also seems like he has at least one new attack in addition to keeping Melee's old charged B.

I'm really looking forward Ryu and his stage too, of course.

Nintendo.

NINTENDO!

Why are you letting everything leak?

Aside from that, liking how Roy's a mix of his original and badass Awakening DLC design. Just hope he isn't an inferior Marth clone.

Fucking hell. People need to stop leaking things. It's ruining the surprise. And making my disappointment on some of this stuff grow.

Nintendo also needs to secure their shit better.

Edited by Anacybele

Man, they really weren't half-assing his model. Now I am really looking forward to him.

Let's see what we got here: The obligatory Blue, Red and Green palettes, Narshen/Brenya palette?, Zephidel/Murdock palette, Cecilia palette? and what I personally like to call the Tia palette

Edited by BrightBow

Well I know someone who will be really hyped for Ryu as far as Roy goes... eh... I never liked Roy, mostly because I never played Melee and my first impressions of him came from playing fe6 and him being a liability of a unit and a boring character.

At least he's got an Eliwood palette so that's pretty cool.

Edited by saifors

Yeah, the only thing I like about Roy so far is that he has a flaming sword. Only reason I used him over Marth in Melee. But imo, he has a pretty boring design. The Awakening one is okay, but it makes him look like he stole one of Ike's headbands and tried to look just as badass but sorta failed. >.> (because Roy will never look even nearly as cool as him, imo, not counting Ike's own Awakening art, which was admittedly a lot worse)

Edited by Anacybele

roy has had a headband way longer than ike lol

I can't wait for roy to be top tier (please sakurai!)

Edited by Euklyd

Fucking hell. People need to stop leaking things. It's ruining the surprise. And making my disappointment on some of this stuff grow.

Nintendo also needs to secure their shit better.

Why did you even come to this spoiler-filled thread? The thread title clearly implied it had spoilers, so you could have at least tried to avoid it.

Edited by Carter

coronets generally aren't bright blue and the same color as the rest of the cloth someone is wearing

as if they were made out of cloth

like a headband

you can't really see the back of his head from the official FE6 art, and the DLC art definitely had the headband like that

He'll probably lag like hell, be just as slow as Marth and Lucina.

If anything, I'm hoping they'll give him some more damage, and buff some of his moves.

this would be literally what they did for melee roy

didn't work out too well ;~;

also I'd think that sakurai would put a bit more effort into a character that you're paying money for as DLC, since it sounds like he was concerned about that in earlier interviews

anyways as much fun as arguing over headbands is I need to sleep

coronets generally aren't bright blue and the same color as the rest of the cloth someone is wearing

as if they were made out of cloth

like a headband

you can't really see the back of his head from the official FE6 art, and the DLC art definitely had the headband like that

You WOULD be able to see the headband tails in Roy's mug sprite though, and there are none there. So I still think he wears a simple coronet rather than a headband like Ike's. And I'm aware of the DLC art...

All hail the Headband-Engineâ„¢.

Why did you even come to this spoiler-filled thread? The thread title clearly implied it had spoilers, so you could have at least tried to avoid it.

She has a point, though. And this news is all over the newspages, not just this topic. There isn't really a way to avoid seeing a spoiler, unfortunately.