6/13 Miraculous ___ in Smash Leak

Crimson Red

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like "our boy" is all grown up, now. I have to wonder how they come up with these screenshots. XD

Probably the same way they come up with ideas like "Let's turn Samus into a scf-fi themed dominatrix.

Besides, Roy's must have gotten quite a reputation for his giant harem.

Edited by BrightBow

I have to say, I am also really glad about the addition of Dream Land. Even if it's just a Battlefield clone, there are just not enough stages that are actually fun... or were the AI doesn't make a complete ass of itself. I definitely hope for some more old stages. It's just a shame that Dream Land also contains the Fountain of Dreams theme. Dream Fountain would have been my first choice for a DLC stage. Sure, it would be yet another battlefield clone but I really loved the aesthetics of that stage and I don't even dare to imagine how it would look like if it was updated... well, not that Smash ever actually updates stages

Edited by BrightBow

YIPPY the update finished downloading and installing, and the eShop worked perfectly!

Now to play and thus vanish from existence.

Dream Land also contains the Fountain of Dreams theme.

OH HELL YES, FINALLY

...Though I agree, the stage itself would have been great to have.

Oh yeah, the Mario Paint Medley was included in the update, I was REALLY happy to see that! Mario Paint was one of my favorite games as a kid! I still dream of a new one being made.

well, not that Smash ever actually updates stages

Hyrule Temple from Melee looks pretty badass now.

Anyway, they are making two more stages from 64: Peach's Castle (Complete with out of place Smash 64-style bumper) and Hyrule Castle.

Hyrule Temple from Melee looks pretty badass now.

Anyway, they are making two more stages from 64: Peach's Castle (Complete with out of place Smash 64-style bumper) and Hyrule Castle.

I wonder about the 3DS version; Hyrule Castle's definitely on the larger side. I wouldn't mind if it got, say, Sector Z instead.

I'm not a competitive Smash Bros. player; however, I maintain a passing following of it.

What I said was the game wasn't designed around combos; I know combos are a thing in Smash Bros., but they are by no means put there on purpose or meant to be a focus of the game; the competitive community just finds them out and uses them. Sakurai himself even said the main idea behind Smash Bros. was to make a type of casual fighting game without a focus on combos. And besides, SSB4 characters are in general pretty limited when it comes to combos. So, I'll re-word it:

In a game with limited combos, a character like Ryu, who is designed and promoted with combos in mind, comes off as very powerful, high-to-top tier character.

I apologize for my snappy reply.

Also I think its fitting he is focused somewhat on combos, considering his game pioneered them.

I apologize for my snappy reply.

Also I think its fitting he is focused somewhat on combos, considering his game pioneered them.

Not to mention training mode has a combo meter.

Wow, people have been having that much trouble with downloading the characters today? I'm really glad I'm holding off on buying them.

And I'm wondering, which of Roy's attack animations have changed? I know all of his smashes, his down aerial, his side tilt, up tilt, counter, and blazer have changed in animation, but that's about it. I'm curious about his standard attack, up aerial, forward aerial, and back aerial since Smash wiki didn't say anything about the animations for those and none of the videos I saw showed those moves.

And despite playing a lot of Street Fighter II and IV, I'm wondering: was there any reason to not use the strong kick/punch buttons for inputting specials? (this question does pertain to Smash since Ryu's moves are heavily based on Street Fighter II) I feel like you shouldn't due to the stronger versions being more punishable, but I never experienced that (then again, I never really followed competitive Street Fighter).

Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy not.. cutting it for you? I completely understand the 3 choices, Mewtwo is the legendary of Pokémon, Lucas is in quite possibly one of the best RPGs the GBA saw and has tons of press because of no localization.

Roy represents the GBA era of Fire Emblem, and now we have each fe console era
Marth. NES, SNES, DS
Roy. GBA
Ike. GC, Wii
Robin and Lucina. 3DS

Plus his fan base is nothing to sneeze at!

People are just happy that they have another game where Capcom characters can be good again outside of PXZ and Street Fighter in the current gen. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Sega and Namco get one more each.

And its fair you have the opinion you do, its your right and I appreciate you aren't being vengeful about it.

I really should've said "characters" and not "character choices", since I understand the reasoning for all the choices (especially the Melee and Brawl cuts). I understand perfectly the importance of appeasing the fanbases of the cut characters and the reasons for why they're playable in the first place even before SSB4. Still, I don't particularly like any of the characters enough for them to be an immediate buy for me, even if I know the reasons for Sakurai adding them.

Uh, what do you mean by "Capcom characters can be good again outside of PXZ and Street Fighter"? I know all about the Mega Man fiasco and cancellations, though I don't know how that comment pertains to Ryu (you did say "Capcom characters" so that does mean that comment pertains to Ryu too). I don't really know of any current gen games (and I'm not sure if you count Wii/360/PS3 gen as current) with Ryu that are generally considered bad. Well, unless you count Street Fighter x Tekken, (Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (and the latter 2 generally aren't considered bad).

Thanks.

Wow, people have been having that much trouble with downloading the characters today? I'm really glad I'm holding off on buying them.

And I'm wondering, which of Roy's attack animations have changed? I know all of his smashes, his down aerial, his side tilt, up tilt, counter, and blazer have changed in animation, but that's about it. I'm curious about his standard attack, up aerial, forward aerial, and back aerial since Smash wiki didn't say anything about the animations for those and none of the videos I saw showed those moves..

Uh, what do you mean by "Capcom characters can be good again outside of PXZ and Street Fighter"? I know all about the Mega Man fiasco and cancellations, though I don't know how that comment pertains to Ryu (you did say "Capcom characters" so that does mean that comment pertains to Ryu too). I don't really know of any current gen games (and I'm not sure if you count Wii/360/PS3 gen as current) with Ryu that are generally considered bad. Well, unless you count Street Fighter x Tekken, (Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (and the latter 2 generally aren't considered bad).

Thanks.

Jab, fair, bair, all changed too, he's like completely different.

and I mean what I said, Capcoms been pretty crappy these past so years outside of like Street Fighter and their fighting crossovers, the whole Megaman creator leaving thing, plus the DMC reboot shows they care little to nothing for their old fanbase. Other then like Monster Hunter and Street Fighter, and the only reason the crossovers use the old Dante is so they don't get more hate mail.

It seems that recently, Capcom has become aware of their failures, cause they seem to be playing it safe with remakes, and if that Megaman cartoon is true, they slowly want to bring back the fans.

It seems that recently, Capcom has become aware of their failures, cause they seem to be playing it safe with remakes, and if that Megaman cartoon is true, they slowly want to bring back the fans.

Or we get Sanic Boom 2.0

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Wat. Sakurai, dude, really. Now we're going to have people going:

Player: I'm gonna use Roy!

Player 2: Which one?

Player: The pink one!

Player: Again, which one?

(FE Roy has a pink alt...) xP

Player 2: The pretty one!

Player: which one?

Player: You serious?

Or we get Sanic Boom 2.0

I'm hoping no.

From what I've heard at least, the cartoon (of Sonic Boom) is better than the game. Not that that's hard to achieve.

I'm hoping no.

From what I've heard at least, the cartoon (of Sonic Boom) is better than the game. Not that that's hard to achieve.

Sonic Boom the cartoon is actually pretty funny.