Who are the best fathers for Owain, Laurent, Brady, Gerome, Yarne, Inigo, and Nah?

I'm trying to maximize mods and stats, somebody suggested going to the pairing thread but... It's so old man, and there's like a million pages. Don't say Chrom because he's married off.

Edited by SparxHD

I usually pair the parents based on how much I like their Supports rather than actually useful combos, but here are some of my favorites:

MU male for Owain (Morgan & Owain Grandmaster combo pretty scary)

Donnel for Nah (Nah with Aptitude :-)

Either Lon'qu or (sorry, had to do it) Chrom for Inigo (Lon'qu if Chrom is already married, Chrom for Rightful King)

The others I really don't care too much about and never end up using, but other people will have different styles.

Edit: sorry about not really being useful for the thread. I missed the part about looking for best stats.

Edited by alatartheblue42

What do you want these kids to do?

Who's available for fathers?

What difficulty are you on?

Do you want this team to tackle the harder DLC packs?

Stuff like this will help greatly.

This is what I usually go for (except Inigo, who I always give Chrom):

Ricken! Laurent - (-2 str/+6 mag/+2 skl/+2 spd/+2 lck/-2 def/+1 res)

Gregor! Yarne - (+5 str/-1 mag/+5 skl/+4 spd/-1 lck/+3 def/-2 res)

Vaike! Gerome - (+7 str/-1 mag/+1 skl/+1 spd/+0 lck/+3 def/-3 res)

Libra! Brady - (-2 str/+4 mag/+3 skl/+1 spd/+3 lck/-2 def/+4 res)

Lon'qu! Inigo - (+1 str/+1 mag/+5 skl/+5 spd/+1 lck/-2 def/-2 res)

Henry! Owain - (+0 str/+4 mag/+2 skl/+1 spd/+1 lck/+1 def/+1 res)

Donnel! Nah - (+3 str/+1 mag/-1 skl/-2 spd/+5 lck/+5 def/+2 res) NOTE:: I'd recommend passing down aptitude, as Nah cannot get it herself. Donnel also passes down PK, so she can get galeforce

NOTE:: I'd recommend passing down aptitude, as Nah cannot get it herself. Donnel also passes down PK, so she can get galeforce

The skill to pass depends on your goal. Aptitude is fine for in-game but is useless for postgame; something male-exclusive may be more useful there.

Granted, Donnel's only male-exclusive passes are from Fighter and Warrior, which aren't great...

The skill to pass depends on your goal. Aptitude is fine for in-game but is useless for postgame; something male-exclusive may be more useful there.

Granted, Donnel's only male-exclusive passes are from Fighter and Warrior, which aren't great...

. . .and Underdog, which isn't bad. It's normally what I pass down, since reclassing to Bride makes the effect permanent against promoted enemies level 11 and higher.

. . .and Underdog, which isn't bad. It's normally what I pass down, since reclassing to Bride makes the effect permanent against promoted enemies level 11 and higher.

The problem is it's an accuracy boosting skill, and you're really only going to have accuracy problems either in the back or on challenge runs when we're talking apotheosis. I generally just pass down Aptitude to make training Kjelle a bit less of a pain. Since I also don't use brave weapons and thus am a big Regalia user, I find Armsthrift is better worth the slot most of the time.

The problem is it's an accuracy boosting skill, and you're really only going to have accuracy problems either in the back or on challenge runs when we're talking apotheosis. I generally just pass down Aptitude to make training Kjelle a bit less of a pain. Since I also don't use brave weapons and thus am a big Regalia user, I find Armsthrift is better worth the slot most of the time.

It also grants avoid. Unless you mean that whoever has Donnel as a dad will be a permanent back-row character.

Back-row? Like, not good?

He means the Support character of the Pair Up. As in, the one that's in the back (i.e. the doing the Dual Strikes & Dual Guards).

I forget if Underdog works on characters as the Support, but it's just +15 Hit that doesn't help your partner (unlike Hex or Anathema), and is more conditional and less beneficial than Hit+20.

Edited by burgerkong

I had a few, but I prioritized skills really. Limit Breaker really defeats the purpose of having the absolute highest stats ever for me, unless you do that Kellam!Nah!Morgan thing for Lunatic+, I suppose.

Well anyways, this is what I chose

Gregor!Owain: Owain's gonna always be good, since he gets Galeforce, and whatnot. I just found it funny that he cant get Armsthrift at all, considering his obsession with swords. I could've chose some other character to marry Liz, but Gregor gets his one job done while remedying Lissa's negative Strength Modifier a fair bit. I made my Owain a Dread Fighter.

Gaius!Nah: Manakets have no need for Armsthrift, since all stones are the same. I found out that Gaius as a father can inherintly pass down 2 skills to his daughter, since he himself gets the Fighter tree (which has Sol/Counter), and that converts to Pegasus Class Tree on Nah. that said, I passed down Sol to her and got her to Dark Flier real quick. And let me tell ya, Manakete + Sol is one of the most fun combinations I've seen in this game.

Was gonna say Chrom!Inigo because Inigo doesn't need anything from the dad, and Rightful King is a minor boon regardless, but you said no Chrom.

Henry!Laurent, without a doubt. If you just want to blow stuff up, he's your man. Though iirc, Henry!Noire works as a better Sorcerer. If you already hitched Henry, Ricken works fine enough.

somebody suggested going to the pairing thread but... It's so old man, and there's like a million pages.

You're not supposed to read the whole thing (the first half is full of terrible advice), you're supposed to post there instead. It's where all the gurus hang out.

Anyway, simply maximizing mods and stats isn't a very helpful goal because if you add up a character's mods, the totals will always be around 0-2 (with some characters like Avatar, Panne and Nowi being significantly higher), so you'll see only a very small difference in total stats. So you have to choose which stats you want to maximize and which you're willing to sacrifice to do that, and that's a little more subjective than simply having "the best".

Furthermore, getting one stat to be extremely high isn't always a good thing- for example, once you're doubling everything and have 100% Avo against everything you care about, what use is more Spd? Once you can kill anything in one round of combat before they can damage you, what use is more Atk? To an extent, boosting your stats will also have diminishing returns before you hit that functional maximum as well, so you need to weigh whether having a little more of a high stat is as important as having a little more of a low stat.

Basically, there's no such thing as a best set of pairings, but you can still make a very good one if you put in a little work understanding what you want and why you want it.