English Translations?

starfellbasho

Hi everyone! I'm thinking of importing the game, but my Japanese skills aren't all that great. I can read hiragana, katakata and some basic kanji, but I have no doubt that I'll be looking up kanji and grammar every few minutes while playing the game. Does anyone know if there will be English translations of the game posted anywhere? I apologize if this topic has already been discussed elsewhere. Thanks!

I believe Shadowofchaos has planned to make a translated playthrough, although I might be misremembering things.

Other than that though, we'll have several threads dedicated to certain topics, like support conversations, skills and so on, which might help you get more of a clue of what's going on. And since I like promoting my own crap shamelessly, I've got a thread dedicated to reading common Fire Emblem: If kanji, which should help you understand menus, weapons, materials and so on.

I believe Shadowofchaos has planned to make a translated playthrough, although I might be misremembering things.

Other than that though, we'll have several threads dedicated to certain topics, like support conversations, skills and so on, which might help you get more of a clue of what's going on. And since I like promoting my own crap shamelessly, I've got a thread dedicated to reading common Fire Emblem: If kanji, which should help you understand menus, weapons, materials and so on.

I worry for his health if he really wants to translate every single thing...

Considering there is a professional team that is being paid to do this and it's still taking them awhile...

Considering there is a professional team that is being paid to do this and it's still taking them awhile...

Like I said, I might just be imagining things, or I'm not remembering them correctly.

But yeah, if he does go overboard, tell him to take a breather. You guys work damn hard.

It's not impossible.

You just need a LOT of dedication and... incredibly low standards.

I translated the entirety of Book 1 of FE3 in one or two days and Book 2 in around five days.

Which led to a sub-par translation that I once regretted looking at, but I think the FE12 patch has redeemed me now XD

Granted, there was a lot less dialogue then, compared to more recent games.

Professional localisers spend a lot of time proof-reading and making sure everything flows properly. While simultaneously trying to make the dialogue sound entertaining and full of character.

Amateurs like us can afford to skimp the QA a bit.

Edited by VincentASM

this ...

It's not impossible.

You just need a LOT of dedication and... incredibly low standards.

I translated the entirety of Book 1 of FE3 in one or two days and Book 2 in around five days.

Which led to a sub-par translation that I once regretted looking at, but I think the FE12 patch has redeemed me now XD

Granted, there was a lot less dialogue then, compared to more recent games.

Professional localisers spend a lot of time proof-reading and making sure everything flows properly. While simultaneously trying to make the dialogue sound entertaining and full of character.

Amateurs like us can afford to skimp the QA a bit.

But localisers have it as their full time job while you guys do it in your off hours..it's gotta be nuts how much work it is.