Tales of Zestiria - Date of release announced

A friend and I have been playing through a bunch of the Tales games together, we've been hyping this one up for a while now. Though to be honest, I haven't heard much about the game save for complaints about the camera. But with this and Berseria, I'm super pumped~

Annie is best waifu

fixed it for you~

PC?! (Although I'm debating getting a new PS3 from walmart for $200...) I'd totally buy it that way.

In somewhat related news, after having given up the hunt for PS2 version of Abyss (I didn't want to buy from Amazon) I found it today when swinging into a game store looking for something completely unrelated!

PC? Oh man, this is surely in my wish list!

I wish the other Tales games were also on PC... When will they admit PC is the master race, and consoles will be no more?

PC? Oh man, this is surely in my wish list!

I wish the other Tales games were also on PC... When will they admit PC is the master race, and consoles will be no more?Wh

When consoles stop selling games at the rate they do.

Without the competition between companies, it's hard to say we would've even gotten a lot of the great games we have now. Consoles going away would be a very bad thing for gaming. Those companies find and give platforms and funding to talent that could never have been recognized otherwise.

Edited by Tangerine

When will they admit PC is the master race, and consoles will be no more?

everyone has a different computer....and it costs way more than like 300 dollars to get a computer that runs modern games. every game would need to give players options to lower quality to make the game better or less people can play the games. also, game companies will have to make their games for different OSes which is annoying, and....windows 8 sucks. they would probably get bugged by customers who can't get a game to work on the OS they have....a lot. console companies would have to hire more programmers and customer service people. it's also inconvenient for people to have to wait for a game to install on a computer.

sorry to get off topic but someone linked me here :L

wow ratchet and clank movie

When consoles stop selling games at the rate they do.

Without the competition between companies, it's hard to say we would've even gotten a lot of the great games we have now. Consoles going away would be a very bad thing for gaming. Those companies find and give platforms and funding to talent that could never have been recognized otherwise.

Yeah, there was a time consoles were great, but now I can't see how companies are competing as they did in the old days. There are so many multiplatform games between modern consoles that it makes little difference whether to buy an Xbox 360 (or Microsoft's new console) or a PS3 (or 4). Wii U and 3DS are the only consoles that have enough exclusive games to make them stand out from the rest. Instead, I think competition is stagnated.

Consoles will never be as capable as PCs for running games, and games for PC are much cheaper in Steam to third world countries, where we have to pay more than 70 bucks for a single console game (usually more than that for new games). Getting a gamer PC isn't also that expensive, as long as you don't want to build a monstruous PC. An intel core i3 or i5 with a basic graphics card that isn't total crap should be purchaseable by most people if its an offboard desktop.

Because competition is stagnated, because games for PC are overall undeniably better than their console counterparts and because of local reasons related to pricing, I prefer PC over consoles.

it's also inconvenient for people to have to wait for a game to install on a computer.

Not sure about how many people are bothered by waiting for a game to install. Well, I can say that a bonus point for that is that people won't need to go buy games on stores anymore. All they'll have to do is download via Steam or another source, leave it downloading/installing (instals don't take much long, they're the least issue) while they do some other chore, and come back. The time they take to leave home to buy a game is the time they buy a PC game and download it.

every game would need to give players options to lower quality to make the game better or less people can play the games.

The solution is right there in the quote. It's not like companies would like to lose clients and money. Besides, you don't need such a good PC to play games, unless you want to try them out on their highest possible settings. In the latter case, it's not like consoles can even match the highest possible settings of a PC version game, so it shouldn't matter.

My knowledge about OSystems is terrible, so I'll suspend my judgment on this one. I thought Linux didn't have much issues with games. And Mac just sucks.

Yeah, there was a time consoles were great, but now I can't see how companies are competing as they did in the old days. There are so many multiplatform games between modern consoles that it makes little difference whether to buy an Xbox 360 (or Microsoft's new console) or a PS3 (or 4). Wii U and 3DS are the only consoles that have enough exclusive games to make them stand out from the rest. Instead, I think competition is stagnated.

Err, no? I disagree completely. If you're not interested in their games, fine, but they absolutely have a sizable catalog of exclusives that make them worth owning and the competition has hardly died down. It's clear from your post that you prefer Nintendo games, but that doesn't mean the competitors do not have exclusives that matter to people.

The current generation of consoles do not have many games...because they're not even 2 years old yet. They will come, just as they always do. The public is not reflecting your opinion at all, considering the Wii U is not selling and the PS4/XBO are, so it can hardly be stated as fact. Consoles have their place in the market - and it's a market equal to that of PC's.

Edited by Tangerine

Most games in the PS3 and Xbox 360 are multiplatforms. There are exclusives around, and some are admittedly interesting enough, but there's just not enough of them. Xboz 360 is worse, since its exclusives amount to shooters and other games such as Fable. About the new generation consoles, my issue with the PS4 is that they have more ports than original games, although it may change when it becomes old enough.

I don't mean to say consoles are bad, it'd be radical to say so. The part where I said consoles should just disappear was a joke, as it'd mean consoles that I like would also disappear (and I like my 3DS, alright). But I do think the PC is better than the consoles by a far margin, and I wish more games were released to this platform, like Tales of Zestiria. I'm a fan of the Tales series (well, after they abandoned the old, semi-automatic gameplay from the SNES and PSX) and buying a PS3 in my country would cost me 800 bucks, nevermind the expensive games and limited stores we have.

Most games in the PS3 and Xbox 360 are multiplatforms. There are exclusives around, and some are admittedly interesting enough, but there's just not enough of them. Xboz 360 is worse, since its exclusives amount to shooters and other games such as Fable. About the new generation consoles, my issue with the PS4 is that they have more ports than original games, although it may change when it becomes old enough.

I don't mean to say consoles are bad, it'd be radical to say so. The part where I said consoles should just disappear was a joke, as it'd mean consoles that I like would also disappear (and I like my 3DS, alright). But I do think the PC is better than the consoles by a far margin, and I wish more games were released to this platform, like Tales of Zestiria. I'm a fan of the Tales series (well, after they abandoned the old, semi-automatic gameplay from the SNES and PSX) and buying a PS3 in my country would cost me 800 bucks, nevermind the expensive games and limited stores we have.

I'm only going to list games that have an 85 or higher rating on metacritic and are not remasters or ports that add nothing to the game, and for PS3 to keep things simple. I'll also exclude games that have handheld versions.

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

LittleBigPlanet

LittleBigPlanet 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

The Last of Us

Journey

ICO & Shadow remastered (while a "port", these versions actually add content that NA never got and even changed some mechanics, so it's the only one I'll be including.)

Killzone 2

MLB 08-13 (These did have handheld versions with the same name, but they were in name only. Also the only AAA baseball game series.)

God of War 3

Demon's Souls

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Heavy Rain

Resistance

Valkyria Chronicles (Has a port to PC now, but it was exclusive for the PS3's generation.)

Pixeljunk Shooter

flower

Ni no Kuni

Super Stardust HD

InFamous

Keeping in mind that the rules I attached to the making of this list exclude some of the biggest series in gaming in the name of being strict, it's very hard to argue that the PS3 did not have a library worth owning for a lot of people. Whether it's worth it to you alone is yours to decide. On that list you have highly rated RPGs, SRPGs, platformers, sports series, indie games, FPS, action adventure, sandbox and entirely unique genres that they innovated themselves.

If you ignore the rules I imposed and allow games that got PSP/Vita ports later or allow for 80+ ratings, you can add a lot more, including some entries in iconic franchises like Gran Turismo and Tales itself.

A list for the 360 would only look worse because they release some of their games on PC also, but the 360 did have good games that Microsoft would never have made if they did not have a console to support, and that alone is enough to say that the 360 contributed significantly to gaming. The 360 as a console probably contributed more to gaming than the PS3 did as far as features go, even despite its weaker lineup of exclusive games.

With all of that said, I agree that PC is the ideal gaming platform if you're determined to only buy one platform. It can be upgraded, and while the initial upgrade to a gaming PC that can outperform consoles will be more expensive, it is cheaper in the long run for consumers and developers. But gaming still needs consoles, and they are certainly not failing to provide incredible games as was suggested.

Edit: In response to PS4/XO, it's pretty bad right now, but I can't even remember a console that had a great early lineup. They're almost always dry with only one or two classic games. Right now, the PS4's classic is Bloodborne and XBO is almost guaranteed to deliver with Halo 5. Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Uncharted 4, Rock Band 4, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Scalebound, Quantum Break and Crackdown are all console-exclusive games that are announced right now and highly anticipated. There are games for everybody, it's up to the individual to decide whether or not a console is worth it for them, and it won't be worth it for everyone. Doesn't mean they don't deliver great games though :P:.

Edited by Tangerine