Have you switched sides?

darkmega926

I feel as if the game was designed to play Hoshido first, Nohr second, and the 3rd kingdom last-

I'm super interested in playing as the 'good' guys...and then Utterly destroying the 'good' guys, and then saving the universe- Which is what I assume the 3rd story will be about. Because the universe always needs saving.

This game is going to be amazing-

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still playing Nohr first because I'm interested in the "diverse mission objectives and harder difficulty" Nohr is supposed to have. then I will probably get Hoshido followed by the third path.

I feel as if the game was designed to play Hoshido first, Nohr second, and the 3rd kingdom last-

That's what I thought except apparently Nohr is more difficult than the 3rd option? You'd think if 3rd option was the final it'd be the hardest.

Nohr still appeals more to me, but i thought i'd start with Hoshido since it's supposed to be the easier path, just to save the best challenge for last.

Though Hoshido's appeal has grown a lot with the leaks latelly, i'm still with Nohr. As i said before, in such cases i believe blood is worthless in comparison to loyalty.

Edited by Lawful Angry

Either way, Hoshido's appeal has grown a lot with the leaks latelly, but i'm still with Nohr. As i said before, in such cases i believe blood is worthless in comparison to loyalty.

Including your birth mother? Will you strike down your mother as well?

Although I don't favor Camilla, I won't wish such nightmare to her fandom.

Whose saying thats a nightmare?

Anyhow I'm still playing Nohr first then Hoshido and finally third path I'm probably going to do two files for both M and F Kamui for each side then do the third path the same way and considering that there are nine save slots that leaves me two extra to just play around with.

Edited by LordTaco42

Been on Team Nohr since day 1 (classic FE feel + story sounds more interesting + I like its character designs better), nothing has really changed. Hoshido gained RInka, and also some promise of nuance by the fact that they apparently kidnapped(?) Aqua, so that's something, but still not tilting the balance.

Obviously will play both/all available routes.a

Been on Team Nohr since day 1 (classic FE feel + story sounds more interesting + I like its character designs better), nothing has really changed. Hoshido gained RInka, and also some promise of nuance by the fact that they apparently kidnapped(?) Aqua, so that's something, but still not tilting the balance.

Obviously will play both/all available routes.a

I think it's interesting how some people (I might even say most, at least here) are choosing the game they consider better first. I think Nohr sounds better which is exactly why I'd rather play after Hoshido.

I chose Nohr because of the varied map objectives that I missed oh so much when I played Awakening. The latest information has made Hoshido tantalizing and I'll admit, I almost broke and switched sides. Then they announced Zero and now my feet are firmly glued to the Nohrian side of the border

That said, I did decide to play all 3 routes when we had learned of the split, so eventually I will be playing Hoshido and the 3rd path. Nohr remains a priority though.

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery want a word with you.

This sounds interesting. . .what do you mean?

I like the way of life Nohr promises. The characters on that side don't matter. I'd rather live in a nation of fighters than pacifists.

Not to mention that the argument of Hoshido being family is nonsensical to me. I've spent my life in Nohr with no problems, and if they truly valued me, they wouldn't be standing on the other side of the battlefield.

Edited by Vitezen

I was originally Hoshido since my one friend was adamant about playing Nohr and we wanted to play opposite sides. once a third friend jumped on the hype train and volunteered for the easier hoshido, I switched to Nohr for difficulty. Then I found our most of the Nhorian ladies are some level of psycho (especially Leon, damn girl you need to relax) and now I'm wavering.

Including your birth mother? Will you strike down your mother as well?

Slow down XD, i mentioned nothing about striking down anyone, i was talking about taking sides. When it comes to taking sides, for me, trust weights more than blood when taking this kind of decision. But if it comes to bloodletting, take Garon for example, i doubt blood bonds will prevent the nohrian siblings from striking him down to protect their adopted sibling.

Edited by Lawful Angry

I like the way of life Nohr promises. The characters on that side don't matter. I'd rather live in a nation of fighters than pacifists.

Not to mention that the argument of Hoshido being family is nonsensical to me. I've spent my life in Nohr with no problems, and if they truly valued me, they wouldn't be standing on the other side of the battlefield.

Considering the whole samurai and warrior tribes thing it sounds like Hoshido is full of fighters.

It was kind of the opposite for me. I was barely favoring Hoshido but the details released reaffirmed my choice.

My first reaction was "The Japanese theme is refreshing for Fire Emblem but otherwise Nohr is better in every other way" But as the character information came out, most of the Nohrian characters didn't appeal to me. (Awakening characters, crazy people, etc.) I'm still bummed that Hoshido is so utterly unambitious with its plot and game mechanics (victory conditions) but I'll never enjoy a game without a likeable cast.

That you don't want to see Nohr's story at least. Same with the people who only will play Nohr's route. Then again I'm a person that plays every game in as franchise I like even if the story is terrible.

Oh, well, I never said that I wouldn't read up on Nohr's story later on or something. xP

Every new piece of information about Hoshido makes me want to play it more and more by leaps and bounds. And I was already plenty interested in it to begin with. But whenever I start to waver, the thought of Elise's betrayed expression cements me once more.

I WILL be playing all three paths, and happily so, but the path I am on will not change my allegiance :)

I really like self-inserting myself into games, so I've decided since day 1 I would go with Nohr because that's what I would really do with the information I have.

I would fight for my family, and family means the people who raised me, not the people who gave birth to me.

Keep in mind I'm assuming that Kamui (me in this case) doesn't know he was kidnapped by Garon.

Even if I did know I would probably stick with Nohr because of my other family.

Characters, classes, and gameplay (as in New FE Style to Old FE Style) won't make me switch sides.

For the record I plan to play all 3 and my opinion on those 3 differences are;

Better Characters: Nohr

Better Classes: Not Sure

Better Gameplay: Hoshido

Edited by Sroy