Have you switched sides?

darkmega926

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did.

I originally chose Nohr because I prefer nurture to nature (still do) and vastly prefers the Nohr royal family to the Hoshido ones (Hinoka >= Camilla, but I prefer the Nohr counterparts in all other situations).

However, I'm heavily disliking the support characters on Nohr. The majority of them are ruthless killers: Zero tortures people, Leon sounds very unforgiving, Charlotte is murderous and manipulative, Pieri is a slaughter machine half the time, Camilla orders entire nations to die, Berka sounds just fine with the killing orders... And if expand that further, Severa isn't the nicest of person either and we have an Owain that's having problem containing actual dark power... That's just too much evil/darkness/negativity for me, Zero in particular. Benoit and Elise sounds like the only two decent persons in that kingdom (Besides the characters that are both Hoshido and Nohr, who are nice on the whole).

On the other side, I love the Hoshido character. Linca looks like to be the best thing to ever happen in Fire Emblem, Orochi sounds fun, foot lancers, tons of ninjas... Everything's pretty and beautiful and is much more like what I love.

I'll definitively be playing all routes, and my reasoning for prefering Nohr still stands (Plus varied win condition and relatively limited resources = good), it's just that everything else that came afterward makes me lean toward Hoshido at least for a story/character/setting perspective.

Not... Exactly? I still like Hoshido as much as I ever did, what with trying to defend their homeland, and seeking peace and all, but now knowing that it's mostly Garon's fault all the Nohr stuff is going on, It's brought my opinion on Nohr up to a parallel with Hoshido, honestly. All I need to know is the plot line of the third story, and I'll probably like all equally. All I know is the fox spirit and the werewolf have elevated my opinion of BOTH IMMENSELY.

Very slightly.

Kirie's Original Thoughts: Wow. I'm going to play the shit out of all 3 games, though I'm a bit more intrigued by Nohr, admittedly.

Kirie's Current Thoughts: Wow. I'm going to play the shit out of all 3 games, though I'm definitely more intrigued by Nohr, admittedly, and still kind of wtf-ing about the face-rubbing.

Considering the whole samurai and warrior tribes thing it sounds like Hoshido is full of fighters.

Sure they may be talented, but they don't seem to be using those talents for anything other than defense. As the description says, the two nations are the "peace-loving" Hoshido and the "glory-seeking" Nohr. In general I'm pretty wary of whoever claims to be working for things like peace or the greater good. I can at least be confident in the intentions of Nohr, and they're still the only viable choice to me.

I like Nohr best, but now I'm struggling between Nohr > Hoshido > Middle, in order to start with the strongest experience and have the weakest experience in the middle, or Hoshido > Middle > Nohr, in order to end with the best version (since the middle route will apparently be incorporating Hoshido difficulty and gameplay rather than being the most strategic of the three)

I'm sticking with Nohr for now since it's been advertised as the more challenging experience, but I think the Hoshido characters look a lot cooler :< (Oboro, my love <3). I'm definitely playing all paths, though.

Hoshido first, then Nohr, and then Neutral path

Doing it in order of difficulty to get used to the new mechanics. Also playing all three paths probably more than once for completion's sake.

But man, if they bring back the same kind of support log as in Awakening, I am going to lose my entire life to this game

But man, if they bring back the same kind of support log as in Awakening, I am going to lose my entire life to this game

I think in one of the japanese screenshot, we kinda saw Support Conversations.

Hoshido first, then Nohr, and then Neutral path

Doing it in order of difficulty to get used to the new mechanics. Also playing all three paths probably more than once for completion's sake.

Isn't difficulty order Hoshido - Neutral - Nohr?

Isn't difficulty order Hoshido - Neutral - Nohr?

Ah yes, what I meant is difficulty related, I'd do Hoshido and then Nohr. I would do the neutral path afterwards for story reasons because I feel that it'll be the best path and I want to keep it for the end.

I know, I'm bad at explaining things XD

I'm gonna buy all three paths day one but my favorite side so far is Hoshido what with Garon looking to be the one dimensional all evil character. Also Rinkah, Hinoka, Ryoma, and Oboro are definitely my favorite designs but I love the gold and black colors of the promoted classes in Nohr.

of course im playing all 3 however i was gonna play hoshido first because easy difficulty to a harder one and it just seems natural to play hoshido first but leon is pulling me so hard to playing nohr. y u du this to me leon? y cant u jus b hoshido?