• No Reset!
  4. 4. Will you grind?

• Hell yeah!
    • Not at all.
    • Only a little.
  5. 5. Hoshido or Nohr

• I fight for Hoshido.
    • I fight for Nohr.

I'm curious to know how everyone will play their game on their very first run, so feel free to share your choice and reasons.

For me it would be:
Hoshido
Hard/Classic
No Reset
Little to no grinding (but I will be messing around with Hoshido My Castle).

I always play a new Fire Emblem game this way because it reminds me of playing the series for the very first time as a kid and I wanna see how much I've improved as an Fire Emblem player in general by thinking of strategies on the fly and dealing with the consequences of having a character die without making the game unbeatable (i.e Fredrick dying in lunatic during the first few chapters of Awakening). But if Orochi, Orobo or Pieri die... so help me god I will jump out of a freaking window.

EDIT: Now Hoshido or Nohr is an option in the poll.

Edited by Mystical_Ice

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido

Normal Classic

Resetting allowed

Little to no grind

Even as a child, I would reset if a character died and that won't change with this game. No soldier gets left behind in NekoKnight's army.

Considering some recruits require specific characters in earlier games, losing one character might result in losing another.

I will play

Nohr

Normal (Get used to the game first then play the next difficulty up)

Classic

Reset (on the first game every one has to live so I can explore their character)

No grinding (obviously)

I'll be going:

Hard
Classic
No Reset
No Grind

Nohr

Although the No Reset is subject to change. I'm okay losing units sometimes as it makes my headcannon story more interesting, but if for some reason Nohr shits on me more than I anticipate then I may start resetting.

Edited by BluCommander

Nohr / Lunatic / Classic / Resets (I assume you mean those upon character deaths? Or also for rigging or similar stuff? In which case I'll just decide arbitrarily, but I typically have no issues with rigging killer crits) / No grinding

I'm not sure if I'll like FE14. It'll be at least very different from other FEs, but that's also where the "man, they're hyping it a bit too much" sort of doubts comes up for me, so I'll play the hardest (well, the hardest available one, if L+ or L' exists) mode first to see if I like the game or if I at least got through the mode for completion's sake. I don't like playing non-classic modes or letting units die in casual play, not much to tell about that.

Edited by Gradivus.

Nohr / Lunatic / Classic / Resets (I assume you mean those upon character deaths? Or also for rigging or similar stuff? In which case I'll just decide arbitrarily, but I typically have no issues with rigging killer crits) / No grinding

Just resetting in general. So yeah, you picked the right one.

Normal mode since I've never been an expert at FE games. xP Classic because classic!

I'll grind a little if I have to. Especially if it's needed to max Ryouma out. :3

I always reset if I accidentally let someone die. And why would I let Ryouma die? D:

Hoshido all the way! I can't betray mah bro Ryouma!

Hard-hopefully this is actually hard this time

Classic-obviously

Resets-never was a huge fan of no resets kinda takes form the challenge of recruiting everyone/not letting anyone die

No Grind-i will grind after i beat both sides (and the thrid if it comes out soon enough)

Hoshido-i may like Nohr more atm but going from playing the harder side and then to playing the easier side seems disappointing

Hoshido

Hard

Casual

No Reset

Grinding (HELL YEAH)

It'll be "No Reset" because I'll have no reason to; I'm playing casual and I'd normally only reset if I'm playing classic (because character death).

Normal on Casual, just to get a feel for the maps and whatnot. I'll upgrade to Hard/Classic on my second go through if I think it's too easy. Then Normal/Casual for all subsequent runs. I'll definitely be using Phoenix mode too, for speedruns.
No reset because Casual-mode. Duh.
I'll only grind if I feel it's necessary.
I want to play both routes, rotating after every chapter, but since I'm importing the Nohr version, I may have to just play that route until I order a Jp Pre-paid card.

Probably Hard/Casual, since i'll play the supposedly easier Hoshido first. Then Nohr on normal/classic. If the first few nohr exclusive chapters are too easy then i'll probably reset and start at hard/classic, and since i don't want to spoil the challenge i'll probably do little to no grinding at the first run.

Edited by Lawful Angry