4. 4. Will you grind?

• Hell yeah!
    • Not at all.
    • Only a little.
  5. 5. Hoshido or Nohr

• I fight for Hoshido.
    • I fight for Nohr.

Hoshido

Normal/Casual - (Because I am not tatical 1337)

Resetting only in the early stages to get a good feel for the game.

Grinding only if I need to.

Then I'll do Nohr with the same specifications. If it proves punishing enough to warrant it, I'll engage Phoenix Mode.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficulty: Normal

Casual mode

Resetting is allowed

I'll probably grind a lot, so hell yeah to grinding

And my allegiance is with Hoshido, although I'll probably do a Nohr run after my Hoshido run.

I feel a little bit like a nab with most people starting with a hard/ classic/ no grinding run :<.

For me it's:

Hard (the only choice for me.)

Classic (anything else just doesn't feel like Fire Emblem)

Reset (No one gets left behind)

Grinding: Hell yes ( In the sense that I like having all members of my army be viable choices for the final boss. Also I want to see all the supports)

Hoshido

Then the second time will be:

Hard/Normal (Depends on how frustrating it becomes, but I think I'll be fine)

Classic (Duh)

Reset (Same reason as above)

Grinding: Not an option

Nohr

For my first run:

Normal

Casual

Reset

Grind a bit

Hoshido

Then I will probably go with the same setting for Norh (of course no grind) and for a second run on both, I will switch to Classic^^b

If I feel that I'm capable enough maybe in a third run I will play in Hard Classic.

Edited by darkALYE

Still doing both, but Hoshido first:
Normal (probably the best option to ease into the game)
Classic
Reset (I don't tend to lose units that often, but nobody's dying)
Grind a little (make sure units are the same level as each other/supports)
Hoshido

Nohr will be the same, but I'll probably try it on hard.

Normal
Casual
No Reset
A little grinding

Hoshido

For my first runs on Hoshido and Nohr, I think I'll go for casual just so I can get to know all the characters first. After that, I'll go for hard and classic run. Plus, I'd feel safer going in blind the first time around. Once I know what's coming for me, I can plan for it on the runs where I have more at stake.

Nohr.

Hard (maybe Lunatic, after I test the waters)

Casual

No reset

Hell yeah.

I don't like there to be consequences to my actions, so Casual Mode all the way. I'm not emotionally equipped to handle playing God - letting some die, letting some live, only by my choice of tactics.

To be honest, that's why some of the titles I played before Awakening...disheartened me. I am by no means a n00b, just overly attached to so many pixels on the screen. :p

Hard

Classic

Reset

A little bit of grinding

Nohr

As is the way I intend to always play Fire Emblem, unless it's a lunatic run. Because the concept of lunatic classic frightens me.

Hard, because after playing Awakening Normal I feel like Hard's the best thing to jump into, not to easy but not crazy lunatic.

Classic reset, because I love playing to not lose a single character, it's really testing. One day I'll do a Classic non-reset...maybe Hoshido.

A little bit of grinding assuming that reclassing can yield skills somehow, and bringing up to standard units I really want to use, and Nohr because Nohr looks awesome.

Edited by Kwame120

Hard

Classic

Reset

I'm doing Nohr, so there isn't supposed to be grinding, but if there is, yeah I'll grind a ton, mostly so I can try out every single character

Nohr

Although, confession, my first playthrough of awakening, I did Hard Casual, and then did Hard Classic on my second. Still, with Nohr's set up being more classic in nature, I think I'll go classic just to recreate the feel of Blazing Sword/Sacred Stones.

I remember my first time ever playing Sacred Stones, when I was twelve, and I didn't reset and I let Joshua get killed because I thought he wasn't important, and then I found out he was the prince of Jehanna, and ever since I've never let anyone die.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Nohr

Classic

Hard

No Grinding

Resetting

Also, in the event weapons are as stocked as Awakening and gold isn't hidiously limited, I will do a self imposed weapon durability challenge.

Edited by DeoGame

First run will be Hoshido Normal Classic Reset with a little grinding.

As best as possible I want this to be reminiscent of my first FE playthrough where I knew nothing and typically didn't reset if characters died. Avoiding spoilers will be hard though, but if I abstain from this forum for a while I'll be ok.

Second run will be Nohr Hard Casual Reset.

By second run I should have spoiled everything except the intricacies of Nohr's story, so I'll be able to break the game more. Nohr's higher difficulty, more varied gameplay/story and Nogrind should keep me interested.

Third run will be Third path Lunatic Casual Reset.

Not even sure if I'll still be playing the game for a third run, but hey 2016 will have a long summer.

Normal- I'm not the best Fire Emblem player.

Casual- I always like to gradually increase the difficulty. In FE:A, I went- Normal/Casual, Normal/Classic, Hard/Casual, Hard/Classic, and then I got stuck at Lunatic/Casual...

Resets- Nobody gets left behind.

Hell yeah!- I like giving all my units a chance, so I will grind! :)

Hoshido- Yeah. :)

Hard, Classic, Lots of Grinding, Hoshido... Probably...

I probably won't grind at all through the main story, but I definitely will afterwards on the same file. Or if I find that I need to for some reason, but I don't think things will be that difficult. Anyway, don't know if that really counts as lots of grinding for my "first run", but it will be present later in the same play file.

First run will be Hoshido Normal Classic Reset with a little grinding.

As best as possible I want this to be reminiscent of my first FE playthrough where I knew nothing and typically didn't reset if characters died. Avoiding spoilers will be hard though, but if I abstain from this forum for a while I'll be ok.

Second run will be Nohr Hard Casual Reset.

By second run I should have spoiled everything except the intricacies of Nohr's story, so I'll be able to break the game more. Nohr's higher difficulty, more varied gameplay/story and Nogrind should keep me interested.

Third run will be Third path Lunatic Casual Reset.

Not even sure if I'll still be playing the game for a third run, but hey 2016 will have a long summer.

I'm confused why you would need to reset while playing on Casual, don't the units come back to life after one chapter?

My first run will probably be...
Normal -- or maybe Hard, I'm not sure. Normal is... well, easy so I can try out the new stuff + actually read the storyline.

Casual -- I like my battle saves lol but the modes don't matter that much to me.

Resets -- the only time I did a no-reset and one of my units died, I cringed and couldn't continue the map anymore, because I grieved too much lol.

A little bit of grinding -- I like having some safety measures

Hoshido -- I'm pretty conflicted lol but I'm leaning towards Hoshido.

I think my set up will be; Normal, Classic, Resets, Grinding if necessary, Nohr.

The grinding question threw me off because I assumed there wouldn't be any in this game but if it's there and I'm having trouble then I'll abuse it. Usually my first run is just to view the story, not give much thought into the best units to choose or skills but just enjoy myself with a new game. Any time after that I'll go with Hard.

Nohr just intrigues me more than Hoshido, the characters shown so far look nice (mostly) and some of them in particular stand out to me (Nyx's hair pls). Oh and I have no problems with the awakening child expies, actually I kind of like having some familiar faces. Sev and Inigo were among the units I liked the most too so that's a bonus for me.

Edited by Crackin355

I always do Normal for my first runs because I like playing around and learning the characters and doing dumb things and Normal lets me do that with absolutely zero pressure. I've never disallowed resets, though I don't think I'll need one in Normal anyway. And I'll probably do a bit of grinding just to see how Hoshido grinding works and/or to level up some late-entry characters if there are some that interest me.

The only thing I'm still waffling on is Hoshido/Nohr. I had long ago decided that I would do Hoshido before Nohr because it's supposed to be the easier path, but as time goes by, I keep getting more and more intrigued by the Nohr storyline and differences. So, I still might change my mind on that.