• Only a little.
  5. 5. Hoshido or Nohr

• I fight for Hoshido.
    • I fight for Nohr.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nohr - Because I like the characters/setting.

Hard - Because I like a challenge but I'm not a complete masochist.

Reset - No one shall die!

A little grinding - Only for weapons/supports as I obviously can't grind for exp.

Hoshido/Hard/Classic/No Grind (very strict about this)/Reset

Hard once to figure out the reinforcements and maps/taking it easy for the story, then jumping into Lunatic

Same when I play Nohr, though

Edited by Thor Odinson

My picks:

Hard - I love a good challenge! I can be crazy, but I'm no lunatic! :Joshua:

Classic - Been this way since FE 07: Blazing Sword, not changing it now!

Reset - No dies in my army!

Little Grinding - Ready myself a bit more.

Nohr- Kinda had my vote from near the get-go. A campaign where you're revolutionizing an army from the inside of a nation is pretty persuading! Also......WYVERN RIDERS FTW!!!

(I love Wyvern riders, especially since I first played Path of Radiance and I got Jill, who, for me anyway, was one of my 5 strongest units in my whole army by endgame!)

I'll follow these set rules:

Hard because I like the challenge and I can skip pop in tutorial segments without being prompted if they exist

Classic because I led all my armies from Sigurd to Chrom with the death penalty looming nearby. Makes me think more efficiently to protect my own units.

Resets because in Raguna's army you will live even if it means bringing the Aum or Valkyrie staff to existence to bring you back.

A little grinding especially to gain support levels and such.

Normal cuz I like my first run to be about the story with only a bit of challenge. Classic run cuz it's what I'm used to. Reset because it's also what I'm used to. Grinding..depends if I'm on hoshido or nohr? Nohr it isn't an option hoshido I'll do it a bit but mostly to test out what the my castle battles are like, and if they're fun do em for fun.

It's been a while since I've played Fire Emblem, so I'd like to start off with Normal Casual (though I'd keep my strategy as if I was playing Classic) since it saves me the issue of resetting if I lost a character. I never ever grind in my playthroughs, and I'll be fighting for Nohr at first. I'll definitely play Hoshido as well, and of course I'll bump up the difficulty a bit to Hard once I'm a little warmed up.

Hard
Classic

Reset (too reckless for no reset)

No Grinding
Nohr

also, after this first playthrough, i unno whether i'll play the Hoshido campaign or play Nohr again on Lunatic first...

Normal, unless it's like Awakening's "Normal" mode, which was such a joke I had to restart at chapter 3.

Classic- tempted to go Casual so I can save in the middle of maps, but I feel that lessens my focus.

Reset- always. Didn't reset ONCE in POR and still regret it.

No grinding until post game. Don't want to ruin the challenge.

Hoshido first but I like almost everything I've heard about Nohr more besides classes, which I find equal.

Edited by BlueL

Hoshido

Difficulty: Hard

Causal

Reset

Grind: I don't really care

Nohr

Difficulty: Hard

Causal

Reset

Grind: I don't really care

I fight for Both.

Edited by Tide of Waves

I can't decide if I should do a hard playthrough before doing a lunatic one or just going straight for lunatic

Classic

As always, resets when necessary, and if I do end up playing lunatic first I'm really going to need to reset a lot to figure out how to beat chapters

No grinding

Nohr

I'll probably stick to hard/classic, but since I'm playing the Japanese version and my Japanese isn't that good, it'll probably impact my performance, so I might change it to either casual or easy (but not easy/casual). However, I doubt it.

Also, as for resetting, I usually just reset in case of bad luck or a favorite dies; if someone dies and it's all my fault, I usually just accept it as my mistake and move on.

I'm going to buy both versions anyway, but I'll start with the easier Hoshido path to get used to the new game-mechanics.

So it's:

Hoshido

Normal

Classic

Reset

A little grinding (if necessary)