5. 5. Hoshido or Nohr

• I fight for Hoshido.
    • I fight for Nohr.

Hoshido

Normal

Casual

Reset, if needed

A bit of grinding

I plan on playing it multiple times on each path (because yusss summer has started) so my first playthrough is just going to be scouting out mechanisms and whatnot, so very very casual * U * I'll play hard mode on Hoshido after I finish Nohr ~

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Nohr's story was better than Hoshido's, but I like Hoshido's cast better, so I'm playing that first, though I will get Nohr and the third path and play those after. I'm playing hard first so I don't feel like a wimp, and I'm not grinding for the same reason (but I will grind after I beat the game on another file for My Castle, maxing all/favorite characters). Resetting for characters because I suck and die a LOT. :3

I always start a new FE game on the easiest mode possible, so definitely Normal here. FE doesn't feel like FE without permadeath, so I'll stick with Classic. From there, definitely doing Hoshido's route since it has the more intriguing characters to me.

My first playthrough will be Nohr/Hard/Classic/No Reset/No grinding. People will die in that first playthrough, but that will make it all the more memorable!

But will you capture replacement generics or go forward with an ever shrinking army?

• 4 weeks later...

I was considering either Normal/Classic/No Reset or Hard/Classic/Reset for first run.

But in this case I'll take the former on Nohr, which should be interesting enough give that it's the harder path. I might get a death or two if I'm not careful, I guess.

im kinda afraid of me derping around on the japanese language so ill go with phoenix mode first on Nohr.

when i get the localised version i will play hard/classic with resets as always.

im pretty happy to have the pheonix mode with the import. 8i just think that it will be nigh to impossible to make good choices for the playthrough as im missing most skill descriptions etc. and im not willing to play it while sitting near my pc for translation)

I'll be going Normal/Casual/Nohr.

...even though Hoshido first might be better for me since it'll be the easier game, I just like the Nohr siblings way too much.

...I'll still restart if a unit dies, though. Really I only use Casual for in-game saves.

Grinding's pretty much not an option in Nohr, but if I really want to, perhaps I'll just buy that EXP grinding DLC--if we are getting that--to help me out. Maybe./shrug

Edited by spiderbrush

Hard/Casual/No resetting/Hell yes! (I'm gonna assume grinding in Nohr is just to defeat all the enemies on the maps)/Nohr

I'll probably do classic on a later run in Nohr. Maybe a classic run on my first Hoshido file or something.

Thought i posted here.Turns out I didn't.

Hard

Casual

No Reset

Only a little grinding

Hoshido

As for my Nohr playthrough, I will be doing the same but if there is no grinding DLC by then, I will be resetting if I get shitty level ups.Finally for Touma I will be playing Hard/Phoenix with no resetting but I will be grinding.