Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Finally Finished the game!! It was so awesome, the plot, the characters, everything was good. Do you Plan doing a sequel or something like that? Keep up the good work, and thanks for the game :)

Nice and thanks for playing! Honestly, whilst I did think about extra material after I had finished, I just don't really have the time for anything like that anytime soon anymore. This one went through several drafts over the years before it could become what is now, so I'm a little burnt out on hacking for now anyways.

Really glad the feedback has been positive so far though.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the hack too, and found it amazing. And while I think the game had almost a freefall in dificulty after chapter 7, it was kind of a breather for me :D

too few promotion items though, i think i went as far as chapter 19 without any promoted unit, since i'm not a fan of using pre-promotes. But seriously, amazing job, awesome game, awesome story :)

Finished the hack too, and found it amazing. And while I think the game had almost a freefall in dificulty after chapter 7, it was kind of a breather for me :D

too few promotion items though, i think i went as far as chapter 19 without any promoted unit, since i'm not a fan of using pre-promotes. But seriously, amazing job, awesome game, awesome story :)

Yeah, I've just recently addressed some of the promotion item issues in the most recent update to the patch, or at least I hope its helped a little bit.

Thanks for playing though. As for the difficulty, yeah there is a bit of drop from that point. I thought there were still a few hard chapters beyond that, but I found it a little difficult to balance against your good units without simply flooding you with enemy units.

And if you ever do see yourself playing it again, I find that the hard mode (for Ash) at least does maintain a bit more of the difficulty from Val's mode because experience is a bit more scarce.

Um, sorry. How can I change Val and Andrei' res stats back to where they left the team in chapter 8 because their stats are 34 and 33 respectively when they rejoin in chapter 15?

I don't know how much experience you have with codebreaker codes, so I'll just try and say as much as I can here.

Basically, in the emulator that you're using, there should be an option in the toolbar in the menu. (for me it's called "Cheat List" on Visual Boy)

If you go in there should be an option to use a codebreaker code.

From here you should refer to this link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/468480-fire-emblem/faqs/31542

And go to the character codes section

Then step-by-step:

1. Figure out what slot the unit is in. The order that they're deployed in on the map, basically. (Example: The main lord is slot 1, character after that is slot 2 and so on)
  2. Find the code for whatever stat it is that is broken for the character in the said slot.
  3. Enter the code given into the section labelled "code" and replace the "ZZ" at the end with the hexadecimal value of whatever you want their stat to change to.

If you're not sure about number to hex conversion, use this link: http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter (Sorry posted the wrong link before)

After you can confirm this, the units stats should change. At this point, it would be ideal to disable the code, so that it doesn't cause any issues later.

If you don't get this, ask and I'll try and explain this a bit better or something.

I'm sorry that you have to do this in the first place anyways.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

This hack was amazing, I loved the plot and characters, this felt like a legitimate game by Nintendo.

Kind of hoped for more promote items though, had 3 units stuck at level 20 who couldn't promote.

[spoiler=SUPER PLOT SPOILER]Also wish there was an ending to save Ashe and to properly pair him with Alicia though

[spoiler=SUPER PLOT SPOILER]Dam what a bummer that there isn't :(.

Also darnit I just made it to chapter 15 and I tried the new patch and tried restarting the chapter. No hero crest. Guess I was one chapter too late to get it.

Edited by felixng2015

You do. Because you get a decent amount of stat items in Val's mode, I wanted to make sure that they could be transferred over.

Thanks for saying that.

Now that I think about it, I do need to make some changes there, actually. Poor thinking on my part.

Can I ask what promotion items you were lacking in?

I'm guessing one was a hero's crest. I think you only get one, don't you? Even though there are 6 units that can promote with it.

[spoiler spoiler=Super Plot]

There actually was at one point, but I couldn't figure out a way to really to make it make proper sense, unfortunately, so I just kind of gave up on it.

Only complaint then is that I loss some nice weapons already on my characters like the perfect edges :P. Oh well. No biggie.

so, would i have to redownload it now or later for the hero's crest stuff?

Yep.

Don't know how far you are, but the changes are effective as of chapter 14. (Andrei now rejoins with one)

If you're further than that, the secret shop in chapter 18 will have Hero's Crests. There's also one in chapter 19 now.

If you're further than that, then unfortunately, the issue will still be there.

Well, had a bit of free time today, played to chapter 6.

Opinions so far:

-Story is pretty nice, though a bit same-y but then again, this can be said about most medieval fantasies out there, so no real negative.

-I like seeing Andrei grow a bit character-wise, also like how Val reacts. Pretty realistic for her to be frustrated at that point considering the circumstances.

-Unless you're pulling off some deus ex machina miracle crap, something unpleasant seems to be slated for Ash, foreshadowing's kinda THICK on that end.

-Difficulty-wise, the first couple chapters are pretty nice, decent challenge. Josie and Ray kinda gives the finger to difficulty the moment they join, but then again, I just bench them later on and not use them much otherwise, so it's okay.

-I think I'm getting a blessed Val since she's literally wrecking everything that attacks her, though I guess feeding her those dragonshields don't really help matters either. XD

-Sprite-wise, most are pretty plain, but perfectly fine. Amusingly though, I find that the best sprite-work so far has been Florence and Nella... well, I won't complain about MILFs. :D

Well, had a bit of free time today, played to chapter 6.

Opinions so far:

-Story is pretty nice, though a bit same-y but then again, this can be said about most medieval fantasies out there, so no real negative.

-I like seeing Andrei grow a bit character-wise, also like how Val reacts. Pretty realistic for her to be frustrated at that point considering the circumstances.

-Unless you're pulling off some deus ex machina miracle crap, something unpleasant seems to be slated for Ash, foreshadowing's kinda THICK on that end.

-Difficulty-wise, the first couple chapters are pretty nice, decent challenge. Josie and Ray kinda gives the finger to difficulty the moment they join, but then again, I just bench them later on and not use them much otherwise, so it's okay.

-I think I'm getting a blessed Val since she's literally wrecking everything that attacks her, though I guess feeding her those dragonshields don't really help matters either. XD

-Sprite-wise, most are pretty plain, but perfectly fine. Amusingly though, I find that the best sprite-work so far has been Florence and Nella... well, I won't complain about MILFs. :D

Thanks for the semi-detailed impressions.

• I won't claim it to be a super original story in the first place anyway. It's basically just supposed to be my own version of an FE-like story.
  • Yeah, the stuff with Ash isn't really supposed to be some sort of surprise or anything. He's had it coming from the prologue really.
  • The difficulty was a lot easier to fine-tune in the earlier chapters with limited units and smaller maps anyways.
  • RNG, man. Although, my recent few versions of her have all been terrible. :/
  • Lol at the last point.

I'm up to Chapter 16 now, and my only real complaint is the low number of units allowed per map.

To think that there was a complete hack out there that so few people had access to.

How long did this take you to make?

It took me about just under 2 years, I think. It was actually a remake of an earlier version of the same game that I made back in 2012, although that version of it was a lot worse. (like, seriously)

On the point about the low number of units, I'm going to apologise in advance now for chapters 17, 19 and 19x. Although I thought it was fair in the earlier chapters. Any specific chapters that you think should have had more deployable units?

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Really, 14 felt slightly under-staffed, but 15 and 16 felt downright punishing. The problem is, you have two parties with converging groups of units you invested exp in, so having only about 10 slots for characters forces you to throw away some units you were planning on focusing on. In 16, I'm even considering spawning 1 or 2 units with codebreaker because I'm a filthy cheater I feel so cramped.

Really, 14 felt slightly under-staffed, but 15 and 16 felt downright punishing. The problem is, you have two parties with converging groups of units you invested exp in, so having only about 10 slots for characters forces you to throw away some units you were planning on focusing on. In 16, I'm even considering spawning 1 or 2 units with codebreaker because I'm a filthy cheater I feel so cramped.

It feels really unrewarding to work on some units then get slapped with more and then have a gimped deployment number.

Yea I am having a hard time figuring out who to use :P.

Also sorry for being off topic but what other completed FE mods are there like this one?

Yeah, I can get that. That's fair enough.

But my thinking was this:

1. When the characters from Val's mode return in Ash's mode, they're generally a lot stronger than most of your characters, so they can afford to miss a few stages and not fall too far behind. If not that, then you can switch around whatever units you deploy on certain stages. I believe there's enough experience to go around.
  2. If they do fall a little too far behind, there is an arena on chapter 18, where you can deploy 12 units other than Ash. One thing I've done with the enemies is that they only really get significantly stronger every two or three chapters. 12,13 and 14 are about the same, then 15 and 16 are, then 17, 18, 19 and 19x are, and from there on they start getting stronger every chapter, sort of. But from this point on you can always field about 12 or more units.
  3. This one's a bit of a weak reason, but there's only 30 (I think that's correct) units in the game. By chapter 14 you can deploy 9 of the 16 you have at the time. Chapter 15 gives you 11 out 20 you have.

Looking at it now, there's no real reason for it to drop to 10 in chapter 16, considering you get more. Might change that.

My advice, provided that you're not well beyond that point now, is to possibly bench Val and Alicia a little bit (unless they're terrible) and then alternate around who gets to fight.

@felixng2015

People are telling me that there's only one other completed one. The Last Promise, I think it's called, by a guy called Blazer.

That being said, the ones in development are looking good as well.

@The Protagonist

You can do that if you want, I don't really care. This might not apply to you, but some (most?) people are only going to play this once anyways, so getting the most out of the characters is probably better than not seeing most of them ever.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

hey bud, just popping into say that despite the public beta testing going on, everyone seems to be having a rocking time with the hack. I know a few folks who love it!

Excited that we can add another largescale, finished hack to the list. Hope you stick around even after you go to university!

hey bud, just popping into say that despite the public beta testing going on, everyone seems to be having a rocking time with the hack. I know a few folks who love it!

Excited that we can add another largescale, finished hack to the list. Hope you stick around even after you go to university!

Thanks for letting me know and for the support, man. Appreciate it.

Ghast is correct, most of the people playing the game are loving it and giving you all the support you need, they hungry for more, at least this is what I think, I bet some people will agree with me :D

Edited by DemonStryker

Just finished playing this great hack. Here are some of my thoughts:

-I kind of wished that the basic weapons had different stats (aside from a few minor edits that I noticed), otherwise it seems like a lot of work to come up with new icons and names for iron/steel/silver weapons.

- Where is the S rank light tome? Was that the light tome obtained from the Ch. 21 conversation with Katarina? I was a bit disappointed since I exclusively used light magic with Katarina after promotion, only to find out there was no S rank light tome for her to use.

-The cast seems to be incredibly balanced, perhaps a bit too balanced? Most characters have exactly 325% growths total. It seems like who the player uses would depend on who was more RNG blessed (assuming no favoritism towards a character). Basically I ended up using characters with higher CON. Most non mage/peg characters have rather poor RES growths, so maybe you could've tried something like a RES tank physical fighter to diversify things.

- Also, changing class caps and promotion bonuses could've been nice, but I didn't get anyone past 20/10 or so in the main game, so these things probably don't really make much of a difference. (Dammit, I just want my swordmasters with a 27 STR cap like in FE4 :P)

-I think Snipers/Halberdiers could've used a +15% critical bonus. Otherwise, I'm going to use Skye over Linda, not to mention the fact that her bases are pretty bad. And yes, PEMN, but I got an incredibly blessed Skye: he had 18 defense at 20/1!

-Increasing weapon ranks upon promotion would be nice too, since it's a pain to level up weapon ranks from E, and this hack is a bit shorter. This is why I ended up using Thelma over Andrei: same CON, good stats, and A axes, plus there's no Devil Axe available to abuse WEXP with.

-I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but after beating the game try starting a new game on Hector Mode, and there'll be a nice surprise :)

-Favorite characters: Val, Alicia, Emilia, Ordanze, and Thelma.

Despite my some of my grumblings above, I had a blast playing through this hack. Thank you for making this awesome complete hack!

-I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but after beating the game try starting a new game on Hector Mode, and there'll be a nice surprise :)

Dang, probably would've never noticed if I didn't see this, thanks for sharing. Should probably put this "secret" in the notes somewhere so more people will notice and find it.

Just finished playing this great hack. Here are some of my thoughts:

-I kind of wished that the basic weapons had different stats (aside from a few minor edits that I noticed), otherwise it seems like a lot of work to come up with new icons and names for iron/steel/silver weapons.

- Where is the S rank light tome? Was that the light tome obtained from the Ch. 21 conversation with Katarina? I was a bit disappointed since I exclusively used light magic with Katarina after promotion, only to find out there was no S rank light tome for her to use.

-The cast seems to be incredibly balanced, perhaps a bit too balanced? Most characters have exactly 325% growths total. It seems like who the player uses would depend on who was more RNG blessed (assuming no favoritism towards a character). Basically I ended up using characters with higher CON. Most non mage/peg characters have rather poor RES growths, so maybe you could've tried something like a RES tank physical fighter to diversify things.

- Also, changing class caps and promotion bonuses could've been nice, but I didn't get anyone past 20/10 or so in the main game, so these things probably don't really make much of a difference. (Dammit, I just want my swordmasters with a 27 STR cap like in FE4 :P)

-I think Snipers/Halberdiers could've used a +15% critical bonus. Otherwise, I'm going to use Skye over Linda, not to mention the fact that her bases are pretty bad. And yes, PEMN, but I got an incredibly blessed Skye: he had 18 defense at 20/1!

-Increasing weapon ranks upon promotion would be nice too, since it's a pain to level up weapon ranks from E, and this hack is a bit shorter. This is why I ended up using Thelma over Andrei: same CON, good stats, and A axes, plus there's no Devil Axe available to abuse WEXP with.

-Favorite characters: Val, Alicia, Emilia, Ordanze, and Thelma.

Despite my some of my grumblings above, I had a blast playing through this hack. Thank you for making this awesome complete hack!

Thanks for the feedback.

• Yeah, maybe, but I don't really know what I'd do to change around all of the item stats. Maybe I'll give that a go someday.
  • I opted to just stick to the A rank light tome in the end, mostly because I found it difficult - outside of arena use, or using her a lot over others, to get Katarina to S in light. The only options for it would be her and Rayden anyway. But considering your point above, it might make a bit more sense to give the A rank one a bit of a buff in its attributes
  • Yeah, you're probably right about that. I did balance things a bit too much with the growths in the end, although it wasn't how they used to be. The variances are still there, I believe, but maybe just not enough to make any real kind of difference in the long run, considering most characters will reach high levels.
  • I did change some, I think. Probably not a lot though. Yeah, I didn't think it'd make that much of a difference, because outside the arena or low-manning, characters probably won't get to 20/20 except maybe on the final chapter. (Ordanze is the strong swordmaster, so maybe I will do that for him.)
  • On that note about Skye, I think he definitely might be someone who needs the nerf hammer if I get around to it, because every time I use him, he gets blessed. I've never once had him stick to his averages. And yeah, I was on the fence about whether to give the 15% crit bonuses to those units, so that's something I might do.
  • Fair point. It is annoying to have to grind up weapon ranks from E in the first place, especially in this GBA era with no arms scrolls.
  • Shhhh.

Dang, probably would've never noticed if I didn't see this, thanks for sharing. Should probably put this "secret" in the notes somewhere so more people will notice and find it.

I was waiting to see if anyone else would find my support farm. (I had to check all the conversations somehow, right?) Other than that, there's just some background information there, nothing major.

Just as a note anyways, whilst I probably won't be making any major overhauls to the game (new maps, characters etc), changing the small stuff is no problem for me, though it might take a while.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

I'll be totally checking this "secret" out too, and since I have a kind of an obvious fixation for sword fighters, and swords in general, skye got really underused for me, but i'll try to check him more closelly, I just kind of used Nala, Laraya, Alicia, Ash, Val and Linda to mow down all the enemies, without even using ordanze (for unit limit reasons, but i'm not complaning). Now i'll try to make the next playthrough more balanced in character use

Ok, so I've just recently started playing FE hacks. I was looking around on the fourms and found this randomly. This is the second one I've played (the first being FE: The Last Promise by Blazer). While I haven't beaten the game yet, I just made it to chapter 9, I wanted to give my currents thoughts on this.

Note: I'm gonna be a bit in-depth with this and share my experience with it, so it may be a bit long. Hopefully it won't bore you.

I first want to say, this game is pretty good. I enjoyed going thorough the chapters and familiarizing myself with each character, who are written really well by the why. The story is good so far too.

Now, I've been playing FE since FE:07 Blazing Sword and I have to say......this game can EASILY kick your rear! I mean, the the first few chapters are HHHAAARRRDDD! I've had to restart probably 3-6 times in the first 2 chapters alone! Now don't worry, this is more of a Contra kinda hard. Difficult, but fun at the same time! Each chapter went kinda like this:

-Paralouge: Linda was probably the one who kept finishing off one of the siblings when low on health (kinda funny considering how I use her...). The NPC's acted like they had a brain, so it was a while before one got killed. Near the end, since Andrei had the Breaker, I had him fight the boss. About 2 fights later, the boss is almost dead...as well as Andrei, who had 1 HP left. Now, a smart person would fall back, give the breaker to Val, and let her finish him. However, I'm nuts when playing FE, so Andrei took the final blow. And it was funny how accurate the following cutscene was.

-Chap.1: I get a Wyvern rider this early on? I FREAKIN' LOVE YOU! I really love wyvern riders (ever since Jill from Path of Radience, who was a hard hitting tank for me), so excuse my overreaction ( I accept Keiran greatly though). Anyway, I had to play REALLY defensively. Andrei didn't help, he refused to dodge. Linda on the other hand, was dodging almost everything. Katarina is a God send, Nuff said.

-Chap.2: Things cooled down a bit in this chapter. I was able to get through this chapter in one go. Also, I have to commend this, Marco's fighting sprite is so smooth! I mean, his attacks flow so nicely ( almost better than everyone else).

-Chap.3: Two words...Pegasus. Knights. I had a good defensive plan going, then they decided to charge forward and mess me up big time! I restarted about...5 times before saying "screw it" and having Joise & Rayden step in and destroy a lot of enemies (This chapter had my most deaths so far).

-Chap.4: I was curious to see how fast I could get Val to Kane, so I use Josie to fly her over near him, but Josie beat him in the process......oops... so 1 restart later, I go through and beat the chapter (wasn't too, too hard. I wish I fought Kane, because I missied out on +2 defense, but oh well.

-Chap.5: Kane is awesome, Issac is...well...good, but Kane kinda stole the spotlight. I was doing great on the chapter...and then Nella showed up. She was flying northeast...where wyvern riders spawned a few turns later. I sent Keiran after her and he almost got killed. The wyvern riders attacked Nella, but thankfully she could dodge. After recruiting her, I had her rescue Keiran and had Kane, Issac and Marco save them. I then realized Nella actually helped me big time by leading the wyvern riders away farther and she greatly injured one of the archers. I was able to go through the chapter in one go. Thank you Nella! :3

-Chap.6: It was pretty tough and I was doing fine, but I wasn't expecting reinforcements near the shops out front...which is where I had Issac...alone. RESTART!

Ok, I may not know the full situation, but...I felt seriously bad when Nella talked to Layla (and the cutscene afterwards). Nella doesn't seem mean or anything, so I was left wondering..."What happened?" (While you may not care about this, but..) Personally, I guess since me and my mom are pretty close, it kinda pulled on my feels. But like I said, I don't know their situation, so I'll wait and see.

-Chap.7: Considering previous experiences, I used all my stat boosters since I usually lose them after the "transition" (something I don't normally do). I had a lot of close calls in this one, but I managed to pull through in one go. Also, whether this was intentional or not, kinda like how the feeling Val has near the end is similar to what you're felling at the end. The chapter says "Survive???", and you're doing just that. After a while, it seems like you are making progress and clearing them out,......only to have 20-30 more units (not sure how many) appear. Disheartening to say the least (especially with the 4 or 5 hero's appearing. I knew I was screwed at that point).

When Val fought Bran, I cringed a bit because I KNEW this would end badly. The critical reassured it! I was surprise how Ash came out and made quick work of both Bran and Alicia too (Speaking of Alicia, I checked her profile and noticed how her class is "Lord". Hhhmmm...

-Chap.8: While I could question why Val was out for 3 weeks, I remember that she was hit with a critical. A critical from a General who was 15 levels above her (Not mention the strong weapon he had)!

While I normally would take everyone out, I decided to take the left path and leave some enemies alive.I got through in one go. Also, Katarina is at max level now (Like I said, she is a God send. I kinda did the same thing in FE: TLP with it's first healer, Tamiko).

Speaking of good characters, Linda, Katarina, Marco, and Kane are my favorites so far.

So, I'm playing through Chap.9 now and I'm kinda happy to see Drake alive and well.

So overall from what I've played , this is a really good game. Great characters, great story, and great challenge. I'll come back later and give my full reactions later (it may be less in-depth since this one was pretty in-depth). Great job on this game! :3