Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

You're not allowed to post links to roms on the forums here, so i can't.

But I'm patching an american version (U) of the Fire Emblem rom, if that makes any difference here.

So give me the patched rom link,thank you!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, don't worry about the patching stuff, anymore lol. It's been sorted now. (Hopefully)

I really love the game so far, but it is also very hard lmao or maybe I am just bad. Either way I should probably expect it to get even harder from here on out.

It's actually goes in the opposite direction (un?)fortunately, so I wouldn't fret over it that much. The beginning is definitely the hardest part though.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

this is against our rules.

get the game the legal way through patching lol

I'm sorry, never again.

---

So I try another new patched rom from ch.0, this time there's no bug, I should play a second time.

---

there was already one save with ch.0 and ch.1 when I played my first patched rom, I didn't delete this save, and loaded ch.0. Now I think that action make some bug. for example, with that save playing on, when Val is dead, the game will not be over ...

ghast edit... don't double/triple post. just edit your original post

Edited by Ghatsu!

Posted · Hidden by ghast, July 15, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, July 15, 2015 - No reason given

That would be the same as just posting the rom.

So I try another new patched rom from ch.0, this time there's no bug, I should play a second time.

Posted · Hidden by ghast, July 15, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, July 15, 2015 - No reason given

there was already one save with ch.0 and ch.1 when I played my first patched rom, I didn't delete this save, and loaded ch.0. Now I think that action make some bug. for example, with that save playing on, when Val is dead, the game will not be over ...

There are still many things I have to complain about this hack

So many way to escape and no description about where should I escape

As the defend chapter, there is no clue how many turn would I have to survive through. Even though I could go to this topic and ask, but many player who have limit about english or don't know about this site would have many difficult to finish the chapter.

I think you should make a document about chapter goal when you still not fix those things yet

Thanks you.

By the way, can I bring this hack to my forum. I'll make sure that I will give a link to this topic on my post

Yeah, you can post a link to my topic wherever you want, I guess.

The escape chapters are 1, 11 and 13, right? I think I do have the characters say something to hint to where you're supposed to escape.

I think, as of the most recent patch, only chapter 13 doesn't have an actual escape pointer. (I actually forgot to add one in)

Short of that, I can't really do much else about that, other than explicitly say "Escape at co-ordinates [x,y]". I do try to make the maps and kind of lead you to your destination to the best of my ability.

And you're talking about chapter 7 as the defend chapter, right?

If you meant chapter 14, then I did actually change the text error stating that you have to survive for 10 turns in a recent patch.

But I have my reasons for why it doesn't have any sort of indication as to how long you have to survive for, although whether or not they're good reasons is up to opinion, I suppose.

The first is just that it means that people won't necessarily be inclined to just hole up behind the NPCs from the beginning. Of course, you can actually still do that and it be a valid tactic.

The second is that I allow you to take all your units in this chapter (not that you need them all) and then only 6 in chapter 8, meaning that it's expected that some of your units may die.

The last reason is mainly just to fit with the theme of the stage in the uncertainty of survival. I did also originally have some things that could dynamically affect when the stage would end, but I didn't go through with it in the end.

Other than that, what other chapter goals do you feel are unclear?

I really like how the allies you get still remain relevant to the plot unlike in most games where you recruit them then all you got are their supports/endings

I'm still around the beginning and idk if this changes but it's very cool to me

I know this will be very difficult but can you send me photos about the full maps of every chapter ? My forum's member still newbie and they have request for guide . But it took me so much time to take the picture from the game, cut and make the full map picture. So, can you send me pls ? Promise to add your watermark to the picture

I'm having a lot of fun with this. Here's my thoughts, in brief:

-I like the story. It's not fantastic, but it's good. You really have a knack for fleshing out character relations.

-The maps are about the same quality as the published games, which is nice. I don't know if you made all the maps or what, but they're really doing it for me. The foggy map (I think CH 16 or something) was especially good.

-You are right about the difficulty being backwards. I think the Prologue and Chapter 1 are the hardest chapters, at least on normal mode. Overall it's a pretty challenging game until you get your first promotion, which happens pretty quickly because you starting getting promotion items like candy after the chapters go into the double digits. With stat items and literally everyone having good growths, some units can actually reach multiple capped stats (and I'm sure that with favoritism in play, one could potentially get a unit with nearly every primary stat over 30). I also felt that getting an arrow shield pretty early didn't help things, because once I got that Keiran could basically just take on entire halves of each chapter by himself, though I guess the prevalence of lightning magic is a fair trade.

-Not necessarily related to difficulty, and personal experience is in play here, but the pre-promoted units (Rayden and the Wyvern Lord, Josephine I think) seem to be a lot better than one would usually expect a Jeigan unit to be, was this an intentional subversion of jeiganism or did I just get lucky?

-I like what you did with the dancer, both getting her late and her being more than the one-trick-pony most dancers are.

Edited by obexpe

Thanks for the feedback.

• Yeah, everything in this current version of the hack was done by myself, not counting the assets that I've credited people for and all that. Glad to hear that about Ch16 because the older version of it was pretty darn awful and I spent quite a while trying to make it decent.
  • Wait, you had a good Keiran? I... might not have really considered much how giving that to him might change up the game, but I definitely put lightning magic in there as sort of a failsafe because I knew that even without the the shield his defense can definitely get high enough on its own to not really make bows a problem for him. I put it there more for the pegasus knights and especially to help on chapter 16.
  • They're definitely better than you'd expect a jeigan to be, but in general they're not supposed to be that great. Their stats are probably a little bit too high for the first part of the game, even now, (they used to be higher and I don't know why) but in the end, they'll end up being decent on normal mode and relatively weak on hard mode, when you get them back. that is.
  • Alyssa is OP even though she can't attack, lol.

Hey I just finished the game and I gotta say that it was pretty good and the boss that I found interesting was Manfred the berserker on chapter 23 mainly cause of how mysterious he was but I also want to know a little bit more about him. Also I think Manfred would be a bit more scarier to fight if his defense was buffed anyways great romhack

I finished this hack couples of days ago, supposedly binge-played it a while ago then forgot and only picked it up just earlier this week.

Had a lot of fun with this. I enjoyed the maps, especially the first part (Val part) and the stages near the end. Started playing back in the first few patches where staves gain lots of exp, so I was able to grind Katarina and Clare to high levels (Katarina was the first in my team to promote). Didn't have the sky-high stats glitch in returning characters.

My team at endgame has Ash, Alicia, Andrei, Val, Gemma, Clare, Layla, Keiran, Katarina, Linda, Kane and to some extents Josie, who turned kinda weak in later stages. Got a lot of A supports so most of them are really great, namely Alicia, Layla, Gemma. (I am thankful for the patches that upped the unit count in some maps and sold promotion items). Would use Alyssa if I didn't get the normal-healing-staff-exp patch, ehe.

About characters, the familes of Nella and especially Val have nice relationships between each other. Ash and Alicia grew on me as the story went, and Val and Andrei are pretty much realistic young adults. I look forward to unlocking more support conversations to read more about them. Would love to see more about Bran though.

Overall it has been a nice play, thank you and great job.

Hey I just finished the game and I gotta say that it was pretty good and the boss that I found interesting was Manfred the berserker on chapter 23 mainly cause of how mysterious he was but I also want to know a little bit more about him. Also I think Manfred would be a bit more scarier to fight if his defense was buffed anyways great romhack

[spoiler=Manfred]

Did you happen to use Kane? On that map he can talk to Isaac, has a battle quote against Manfred, and his supports with Almer shed a little bit of light on the whole situation.

Either way, he's not really that interesting in the context of this hack. I basically just needed an axe boss, but didn't want to make it a generic.

The Hector mode stuff can also give some information there.

i made a map? O_o

also can I lp this for kicks

Feaw told me to credit you for the icy plains and castle tileset, I would have thought that was after talking with you or something. O_o

And sure, go ahead.

I finished this hack couples of days ago, supposedly binge-played it a while ago then forgot and only picked it up just earlier this week.

Had a lot of fun with this. I enjoyed the maps, especially the first part (Val part) and the stages near the end. Started playing back in the first few patches where staves gain lots of exp, so I was able to grind Katarina and Clare to high levels (Katarina was the first in my team to promote). Didn't have the sky-high stats glitch in returning characters.

My team at endgame has Ash, Alicia, Andrei, Val, Gemma, Clare, Layla, Keiran, Katarina, Linda, Kane and to some extents Josie, who turned kinda weak in later stages. Got a lot of A supports so most of them are really great, namely Alicia, Layla, Gemma. (I am thankful for the patches that upped the unit count in some maps and sold promotion items). Would use Alyssa if I didn't get the normal-healing-staff-exp patch, ehe.

About characters, the familes of Nella and especially Val have nice relationships between each other. Ash and Alicia grew on me as the story went, and Val and Andrei are pretty much realistic young adults. I look forward to unlocking more support conversations to read more about them. Would love to see more about Bran though.

Overall it has been a nice play, thank you and great job.

Glad to hear it and thanks for remembering to come back, lol.

If you're not aware there's basically just a support farm/exposition dump type chapter in the Hector mode if you want to quickly view some supports between characters you don't use but want to know some more about.

My Ash is bugged; he started with a Shine time, and is a Lord class with Eirika's sprite, C in light, and no ability to use the dark tomes I keep getting ;_;

Whoa...

Well, that's the first time I've ever heard of a bug like that. I can only guess that something must have gone wrong during the patching, so at the moment I could only say to re-download unless you've found some sort of workaround or fix for yourself.

Is that the only obvious bug you've come across?

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Whoa...

Well, that's the first time I've ever heard of a bug like that. I can only guess that something must have gone wrong during the patching, so at the moment I could only say to re-download unless you've found some sort of workaround or fix for yourself.

Is that the only obvious bug you've come across?

A couple of units came back as different classes - an axe fighter turned into a cavalier who couldn't use axes but the sprite was okay, but Kieran came back as a Rogue with no swords in his inventory, a description still calling him a dracoknight and a majorly buggy sprite.

It must be that, so I'll try to re-patch it. Do you know if I'll lose my game progress? I've made it so far, despite this silly handicap :(

EDIT: Also, if anything says 'You've made a good, enjoyable game', it's playing through even though the main character is basically a caravan :')

Edited by ThatLexxyFellow

A couple of units came back as different classes - an axe fighter turned into a cavalier who couldn't use axes but the sprite was okay, but Kieran came back as a Rogue with no swords in his inventory, a description still calling him a dracoknight and a majorly buggy sprite.

It must be that, so I'll try to re-patch it. Do you know if I'll lose my game progress? I've made it so far, despite this silly handicap :(

EDIT: Also, if anything says 'You've made a good, enjoyable game', it's playing through even though the main character is basically a caravan :')

Lol yeah, I guess that's one way of looking at it.

But wow, that's really messed up. I don't believe anyone else has had these kind of problems. (or at least no one's told me they have.)

Thinking about it though, re-patching at this stage would probably only fix future problems, not solve the ones you currently have if everyone's classes are getting screwed up and all that, but I can't be sure.

If you're cool with completing it like it is though then I guess you should just go ahead with what you have, if you're actually managing to progress through the game.

This is obviously how I intended for the game to be played, there's no problem here.

On a more serious note though, how far into the game are you at this point?

Chapter 13. Escape missions are so much harder when your main character is basically a loaf of bread!