Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

So, I've ran into a small problem near the end of the game.

The chapter with Legato. The one with the doors? I thought that enemies with keys would spawn in like before. I've cleared out the entire bottom section. No keys. I also have no keys in my storage and didn't bring the thief with me. Am I kinda screwed here or do the doors eventually open on their own?

Might wanna add keys to some of the starting enemies. If my thief had been killed in a previous chapter and I just carried on, I might be perma-screwed. And that's never good.

You need to place units on the tiles the bosses stand on/guard. They're switches; they look different from the other tiles and open the doors.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to place units on the tiles the bosses stand on/guard. They're switches; they look different from the other tiles and open the doors.

Well, that's not particularly obvious.

Particularly when you're playing late at night without any lights on except for the game on TV in front of you, and the computer screen dialled down to low brightness.

I'm currently at ch15 now that I've stopped playing for the day, and I've got to say: this game's story is blowing me away. I completely underestimated it because it looked so "mundane" at first ("oh, okay, I'm protecting the land and this is Lyn Mode, got it), but it really picked up and after just several chapters I was memory-abusing to get crits and perfect level-ups just so I could beat the chapters quicker to see what happened next. My MVPs are currently a duo of Keiran and Linda, but Gemma and Clare are on track to start wrecking as soon as they promote too.

Requiem is the first FE mod that I've ever played that has a Lyn Mode which doesn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth thinking that I just wasted time playing ten or so superfluous chapters full of events that don't matter. Val's mode feels genuinely important and if I play through the game again without cheats after I beat it (I've been playing mostly legit ever since the end of Val Mode, since I figure that the level-ups I've accumulated should be enough), I won't skip it the same way I usually skip Lyn Modes in FE mods, and you get mega kudos for that. You deserve a medal of gold, silver, platinum, and diamonds for being a shining example of having a Lyn Mode in a mod for real, good reasons, not just because FE7 did it. It's also no small feat that the story is the part of the game that reels players in, whereas many other projects depend on the novelty of new classes, animations, etc to be interesting. I honestly can't praise it enough.

I don't know if you intend on working on Requiem again beyond just balancing stats and such, but if you do re-visit it and you want custom music, let me know.

Also, I'm not sure if you've addressed this in recent patches, but in Val Mode's final chapter, Bran can be defeated by Rayden and Josie pretty easily. While I /was/ memory-abusing, they had both only leveled up once or twice between the two and I gave them secret salves, so they could still hold their own and defeat Bran with a few Deathspear/Burst crits. You may want to give him a "death" quote where he congratulates your boldness and says he's pulling back for a moment or something (or even "pah; enough of this" and the chapter auto-ends after his defeat). You could also give bows to the warriors nearby Bran to deter Josie from flying in there with Ray in tow and wrecking everything.

That's good to hear. I probably won't do anything much beyond event or nightmare changes, but thank you for the offer.

On the spoiler, I had done some stuff to make it a bit less easy, but your suggestions are good too. I think I'm actually going to do them.

So, I've ran into a small problem near the end of the game.

The chapter with Legato. The one with the doors? I thought that enemies with keys would spawn in like before. I've cleared out the entire bottom section. No keys. I also have no keys in my storage and didn't bring the thief with me. Am I kinda screwed here or do the doors eventually open on their own?

Might wanna add keys to some of the starting enemies. If my thief had been killed in a previous chapter and I just carried on, I might be perma-screwed. And that's never good.

Yeah, what X-Naut said. Stand on the switch tiles which have different patterns.

Anyway, in other news I'm officially putting a new patch up. Some people may have already gotten parts of it, if you've downloaded recently, but now all of the changes should be done.

Changes include:

AI changes on some stages.

Shops on chapter 21.

Andrei changes done.

So, yeah, nothing really major, but whatever.

And on the Andrei stuff that we were all talking about earlier, I decided not to go with the brave weapon in the end. The main problem was just that kind of invalidated the use of any other weapon for the first part and then in the second part, it's not so great if he's bad, but if he's really good, then its super OP in a way.

For now, it's a 11 Mt weapon with Horse effectiveness, which yes still isn't that great, but it's more useful than it was before. With him being the only other primary sword user in Val's mode I still do need a reason for people to actually use the other swords the game gives you.

When he comes back in Ash's mode, he'll (probably) easily be the strongest sword unit that you have until silvers and killers start showing up in large quantities.

*sigh*

Mutlipatch doesn't seem to let you repatch a file once it has already been patched. And as far as I'm aware that's the only option Macs have for patching.

I'll try out the newest version on a fresh file once I finish this current playthrough. No Alicia mode for me yet.

Edited by TheNiddo

On the... second to latest patch (not the change uploaded this morning, the one before it) I'm getting glitches in the level-up screen; the arrows aren't showing up on the right-side stats.

Well, I finished the game now.

[spoiler=General Breakdown]

Fairly fun for the most part. I think my RNGscrewed units heard me complaining, they all decided they wanted to be getting good level ups in the 3rd last and 2nd last chapters. Except Hawke, who was never anything more than strength: the character. Got a few points of speed and def at least. Plot was pretty solid overall, no serious complaints.

I really thought that having an A-Support with Alicia would save Ash. I've read through the topic and saw why that isn't the case. Kinda sucks. I was expecting her to find his spirt during her two months of travel and at least figured out a way to get him able to speak to everyone, with their ending suggesting that she would continue to try to find a way to get him back to life. Would be a nice reward for going for the canon pairing.

Supports... they were very much hit or miss to me. I liked Ash/Alicia's, and Skye/Nala's. Val/Kerian was just... weird. Seemed platonic, then started building up to being otherwise particularly during the A rank, and then it went right back to platonic. Val ended up looking rather... clingy/desperate I guess during the A support? idk, just really felt off. Em and Kenrick just was kinda there, didn't care either way. Got a chuckle out of Alyssa and Drake.

Surprised nobody had anything to say to Legato when he came back in the final chapter.

I kinda feel like Isaac and Kane, along with Ordanze and Laraya kinda got left behind by the plot. These are two countries lending troops to Ash and Val's cause. Would have been nice if at least Isaac and Laraya chimed in every now and then to remind us that hey, they were rulers helping us out.

I do have to kinda agree that the last battle was anti-climatic. I was expecting the final boss to have a second form.

[spoiler=Silly nickpicky suggestions]

Halbringers. You have the file in the game for Em. I would have loved to see a few of them as enemies. Maybe have them blocking the choke points to Bran and Shel, set to "do not move" mode with some Rangers behind them also set to that mode. Make them have super high stats and ranged weapons, make them be the "mini-bosses" for those two key chapters.

Continuing my favouritism towards Andrei: his promoted class type should have been Hector's! Same weapon variety as Heroes, wouldn't need to change the stat caps or anything like that. You already have several lord animations in there, why skip the coolest one? D:

Val thought that some people might not know who she was, despite her rebellion being heard of all over and her being the one who invited them to her castle? Nerves I guess!

Off to start a second playthrough on a fresh patch. Which means no Alicia Mode for me yet. *kicks Multipatch*

Alicia's mode isn't really a "new" mode or anything so you can just see what it's about if you want. It's literally just a little extra expositiony chapter that might fill in some gaps. It wasn't even something I told people about initially because I didn't think anyone would really care that much.

But anyway, yeah, glad you enjoyed it for the most part.

Isn't clingy, in particular, something that very much applies to Val's character? That probably comes across in quite a few of her supports, honestly, so I'd say there's good reason for it. But oh well, I know myself that every single one of the supports in the game aren't always going to hit the right notes. I didn't write them all in one go, so my writing may have dipped or gone up in quality or coherency between doing certain groups of them.

Ash and Josie do actually have some dialogue with Legato on that stage, but due to some limitations they're unused for now. Since then I've actually kind of forgotten to do anything about it. (My bad, I probably should have sorted that out in the patch I just put up today.)

And yeah, there probably should have been some other scenes involving all the "royals" and their own people at other points during the game, but the problem there is when I would put them in.

There wasn't much room for it in the final arc, because things kind of focused in on Ash, Alicia and Rayden and then well, before that, I don't know what exactly I would have done. If Valentine were the true main character, I definitely would gone for that sort of thing, like how FE9/10 handled that sort of stuff.

Laraya does have a talk event with Ash and Alicia on chapter 18 and then one with Val on chapter 21, although of course, that isn't much.

On the... second to latest patch (not the change uploaded this morning, the one before it) I'm getting glitches in the level-up screen; the arrows aren't showing up on the right-side stats.

The arrows just don't show up? Do the stats themselves still increase though?

For the other lords, just small little touches like "My soldiers have reported in front the west side of the camp Ash. Nothing to report. If you'll excuse me, I need to check up with Val on something." would have helped I think. Don't need to give them any kind of large roles, just let them drop a line here and there that reinforces the idea that the group has an army with them. Kinda like how FE9 had Zelgius managing the troops behind the group.

Talk events are good, I did like stumbling upon them when I did. Does Isaac have any?

(Also, kinda surprised Val and Isaac didn't have a paired ending, just a regular support chain. Would fit in really well with the whole idea of maybe having an empire again in the future.) Heck in Val mode I was half expecting an issue where both Isaac and Kane were into Val. But that would have been a bit more cliche/painful than this hack was going for thankfully)

As for Val's character with clinginess... it kinda seems to come and go? Like it seems to be there when it comes to her family, but not so much outside of it? Usually? idk, I might need to see some more of her supports outside of her family.

Oh, alright then, I see what you mean. I thought you meant something more than that, but that sounds fine.

Sadly, Isaac is one of those characters that for me was underutilised and fell into that area of "I have no idea what to do with this guy" and doesn't have any talk convos (Off the top of my head) except for one in the second to last chapter with Kane. And yeah, a love triangle like that probably would have been one of the worst things ever, at least in this situation.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Maybe this isn't a question to ask here, but is this ROM compatible with iOS? I use GBA4iOS, but I don't have any emulators more laptops or the like. I don't think that this is an unacceptable ROM question, but if it is, just ignore it and/or mods can delete it.

Maybe this isn't a question to ask here, but is this ROM compatible with iOS? I use GBA4iOS, but I don't have any emulators more laptops or the like. I don't think that this is an unacceptable ROM question, but if it is, just ignore it and/or mods can delete it.

Once you patch your ROM, you can transfer it to GBA4iOS with iTunes. I do it all the time. (I used to do it with iFunbox, but the update ruined it.)

The arrows just don't show up? Do the stats themselves still increase though?

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-22%20at%207.39.2

More specifically, the numbers don't seem to show after three stats proc. The gains are still there however.

When you say after chapter 7, is that like, at the ending event or something?

Before the save screen?

Either way, I'm not sure, I'll have to check it out and get back to you. Might be some sort of eventing issue I guess. I did change some stuff recently, but I didn't find any freezing issues.

EDIT: Well, I just patched a file with the one I have up and ran through it. I'm not coming across this issue myself. We are talking about Chapter 7, the survive chapter with Bran on it, right?

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Yeah it's probably right before the save point in chapter 7. The scripted "cutscene" fights all play just fine, I can give you the .sav file when I have the time, if you want to check it out.

I used one of the first versions for this playthrough, but i already tried using a newer version with the old .sav file

I'm not so sure about this one then. I would have thought it was because I shifted the events of chapter 7 around a little bit, (in the most recent version) but if that was the case then it shouldn't have had any problems on an earlier version.

There isn't any kind of odd event stuff that should cause any freezes either.

Although the story, characters and classes are great, on Ch. 13 I had wished that Vincent were a monk, like Jace said... Well, I don't think, a monk could fare well against the Peg Knights in Ch. 12 and it would not be fair to exchange a "pretty good" axe user for a unpromoted light user, only because he'll be strong against dark.

It's not so important, the Breaker has the description "Effective against infantry" but, in fact, is a "armorslayer".

I know that is too much to ask, still, are there map changes in v.1.3.1, referring to spawnings and droppables... I screen-captured and compiled, with v.1.3, the chapter's maps, something like this:

CQDyXmD.png

Sacred Blaze

photo-5638.png?_r=1437943240

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

You can get stuff that he's holding by selecting any character on the trade screen (Preferably a character with no items) in the preparations menu and then going onto "List". From there you need to find one of the items he's carrying which is marked at the top as "Owner: Almer". Then you take the items off of him.

Gotta say my second playthrough has been rather amusing so far.

-Andrei is still mad at me for trash talking him last time and decided he wanted to be strength and speed blessed

-Val only had Luck and HP in double digits at rank 10 (That's speed about 4 points below average, aka she got speed in 9 level ups once)

-Keiran has been absolutely terrible and barely has enough speed to avoid being doubled.

-Katarina pretty much spent all of Val mode getting 5 or 6 stats every level up. Only the last level up had defence and only half of the time did she hit 6 and got to have HP.

-Drake got Strength, Speed, and Defence all in his first level up, and continues to get at least 5 stat ups every time (but no more speed yet)

Hit rate of 70-85% for me might as well be 50%. That range just does not like me. That chapter where you get Andrei's special sword? Ya I kept missing in that range so badly I got trapped by the reinforcements and had to hide in the treasure room. With an enemy thief who was surprisingly chill and never attacked me. Instead kept dodging 80% hit rate arrows from Linda as I waited for the two prepromotes to come down and bail me out.

Also, axe magnetism is alive and well! Particularly one legendary hand axe that kept hitting my guys with a 27% hit rate.