Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Coming from me: (When not using Rayden or Josie)

• If you're using all deployable units, (recommended) send a majority of your units to the left and then a few of your tougher units to the right to deal with the initial enemies. Once the reinforcements come in from the top, push out to deal with them, and then bring your units on the right back up a bit, and let the enemies come to you.
  • If you're not using all deployable units, then you'll want to take out the initial wave on the first turn and then fall back behind the knights. (preferably the ones on the left, the ones on the right are pretty useless.) Heal them if you have to, even. Any extra turns that they can act as bait for is useful.

There are also some other ways, like sticking your units in the forests on the left for safety if things are that bad, or having Rayden and Josie defeat Bran to end the map, but they're not really ideal. Probably some others, but the map has become too natural in my mind by now for me to remember all the different ways I tried to complete the map back in my testing phase.

All in all, the map was intended to possibly lose you a few units if things went bad, hence the 6 unit limit on the next map.

But in this case, I wouldn't count having Josie and/or Rayden doing the stage by themselves as a cheese strategy, myself.

Anyway, in other news, just a small progress update, to let people know that I'm not just waiting on sprites.

RzMhNIa.png

I've given chapter 19 a bit of re-design, although its not completely finished. Some height errors at the moment, amongst other stuff.

Look better? Worse?

EDIT: I should clarify: Left = New, Right = Old

Edited by Sacred Blaze

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do get a little bit more, yeah. 15 for heal and 20 for mend.

But even with that, level 20/10 seems a bit too high for chapter 18, even if we're talking about Katarina, because the exp per heal gets cut down a little bit once they've promoted.

And if its Clare that is that level, then yeah you definitely have been using her a lot.

RzMhNIa.png

I've given chapter 19 a bit of re-design, although its not completely finished. Some height errors at the moment, amongst other stuff.

Look better? Worse?

EDIT: I should clarify: Left = New, Right = Old

It's not looking worse, certainly it will provide a new way to play this chapter.

The map is smaller, there are more Stairs (spawning points?), nicely dispersed.

I'm not happy about the forced party split, but maybe that was your intention, in the end it is your design.

Alright, that's fair enough.

I decided to go with the split mostly because I thought that the main problem with the map, other than its length was that because you were only ever advancing in one direction, slower units (*cough*Drake*cough*) and non-mounted units basically just got left behind.

I think that for a late-game, non-defend castle map though, the forced split works better, too.

For the structure of the map, it helps me to control the unit pathing a bit better, and it allows me to make the enemy unit composition and density a bit better, as opposed to saying that the enemies at any given point on the map should be able to handle your team of 12 units no matter who they are.

Anyway, here's the final-ish version for now.

9MevPqQ.png

It's certainly more of a challenge than the previous version, I'd say. (Though that doesn't say much.)

Also takes about half the time to actually complete now, as well.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

That's a big improvement. Definitely shows you've incorporated the feedback. A promoted mounted unit can reach the throne within about 8-9 turns now assuming he's not held back too much by enemies.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've decided to remake yet another one of my castle maps for now.

Remember this:

[spoiler=OldMap]

QRzOzd4.png

BpEHBRG.pngHz9Havz.png

Some people will probably question why the map is now bigger than it was before, but I've allowed a bit more freedom of movement around the map this time around.

As a result of that, the map shouldn't be 25+ turns of slowly moving a trail of units in one direction either.

I still need to actually test it myself, but what do people think?

It certainly does allow for more potential freedom. I'm not too keen about having the two doors to the centre path locked though: that could potentially really slow somebody down in the worst case scenario of no keys + no thief. That's a long snaking path around it to the left. Maybe remove the left door out of those two, keep the right on there so you have to burn a key/lockpick if you want your thief to be able to move around quicker.

Well, this is chapter 6 in Val's mode, so you don't have a thief at this point. I'll be sure to give out Door/Chest Keys.

I'm gonna have the doors in the center open up after a certain point in the map.

The long left path is probably going to be unused for most people unless you're trying to do the map quickly, in which case it shouldn't be too bad for one of your mounted units to get around. 4-5 turns it's looking like.

I don't know if you're in the mood to make drastic changes, but how do you feel about adding another playable character, like a Monk? I think the game would greatly benefit from someone who could eventually use an S-Rank Light tome, should you choose to add it.

If you don't mind using a prepromote, then Rayden can theoretically S-rank light magic. Otherwise, there's Katarina... who's admittedly more likely to S-rank staves...

But yes, there's a lack of light magic users. And dark magic users, but there's "reasons" for that.

DO NOT WATCH CLAS S ROLL.

I did so to are what intestine default pallete changes were made.... it was fine until I got to monk.... well I saw that missing no like figure. and when it tried to show an attack animation.... the gane hung... and this awful bleeping noise was heard....

also great game... manages to be very hard but still keep me wanting to play!!! also in the beginning the effective *lyn* arc of the game... will I see fallen units again??? cause the archer and fighter died.

I don't know how to spoiler tag so don't read his if your not past chapter 3.

when Andrei pushes the knight away I'm thinking to myself **** move buddy **** move. but wouldn't he still be teeleported anyway???? how does that teeleported magic even work??? I figured it was like picturing who and where you want to go...

post-10809-0-96528600-1448770821_thumb.png

Edited by Raze200

You could always just do the FE6 thing of allowing 2 S ranks if you are a bishop, which would make it more reasonable.

Also, sounds like the class roll freezes when you get to monk. Did you use the space the sprite was in for something?

Edited by sirmola

You could always just do the FE6 thing of allowing 2 S ranks if you are a bishop, which would make it more reasonable.

Also, sounds like the class roll freezes when you get to monk. Did you use the space the sprite was in for something?

Can this be done without using any ASM?

DO NOT WATCH CLAS S ROLL.

I did so to are what intestine default pallete changes were made.... it was fine until I got to monk.... well I saw that missing no like figure. and when it tried to show an attack animation.... the gane hung... and this awful bleeping noise was heard....

also great game... manages to be very hard but still keep me wanting to play!!! also in the beginning the effective *lyn* arc of the game... will I see fallen units again??? cause the archer and fighter died.

I don't know how to spoiler tag so don't read his if your not past chapter 3.

when Andrei pushes the knight away I'm thinking to myself **** move buddy **** move. but wouldn't he still be teeleported anyway???? how does that teeleported magic even work??? I figured it was like picturing who and where you want to go...

To do spoilers:

Like that, you write Spoiler inside a set of square brackets, write whatever you want after that and then close it off with /Spoiler inside another set square brackets.

You can also write Spoiler=A Spoiler, in the same way to give it a title.

[spoiler=A Spoiler]

Anyway, about the logistics of the warping, just assume that it takes a lot of concentration to do the warping and for someone to suddenly get thrown out of position and then try to run back in isn't something that someone like Ash would be able to pull off easily, I guess.

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot to answer your other question.

Yeah, you will get all the characters back later, even if they die in the Lyn mode.

Yeah, I used Lucius' monk sprite for a different animation, I believe. So when it tries to go to the monk, it's probably trying to access that and bugging out.

I think I'm just going to remove the class roll in the next patch. There are other oddities in it besides that glitch, as far as I remember.

Can this be done without using any ASM?

As far as I've searched, no it can't.

But if I'm not adding another light magic character in, do people really want an S-rank, along with the A-rank magic as well?

I can easily make the change, but I've always just found that it would be way more effort than it's worth to actually get either Rayden or Katarina to S rank in Light magic.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

First of all, it's a very good hack, I love it.

I played until chapter 19, and I just couldn't go on: the game asks me if I want to play the side chapters and regardless of what I do the screen turns black and nothing happens.

Is it because my Emilia died in ch18?

Anyway, I think I'll play it again when the portraits are updated, and I'll try to help with that. Have you considered changing the battle sprites too? (personally I hate Emilia and Marco's green weapons :P)

Remember this:

[spoiler=OldMap]

QRzOzd4.png

BpEHBRG.pngHz9Havz.png

Some people will probably question why the map is now bigger than it was before, but I've allowed a bit more freedom of movement around the map this time around.

As a result of that, the map shouldn't be 25+ turns of slowly moving a trail of units in one direction either.

Remember this:

[spoiler=OldMap]

QRzOzd4.png

BpEHBRG.pngHz9Havz.png

I'm actually fond of the center courtyard on this map. I don't like that the redesign takes it away. It also blends in too much with the previous map you posted. Too big and too blue, not diverse enough. The previous design does a very solid job of not looking too samey.

BTW I'm interstellar in how you make something like this. what program are you using?

There's quite a few things and I wouldn't really be able to explain them all myself.

If you want to look into it though I guess you should start here.

It's worth looking into if you've got the time to commit to it.

First of all, it's a very good hack, I love it.

I played until chapter 19, and I just couldn't go on: the game asks me if I want to play the side chapters and regardless of what I do the screen turns black and nothing happens.

Is it because my Emilia died in ch18?

Anyway, I think I'll play it again when the portraits are updated, and I'll try to help with that. Have you considered changing the battle sprites too? (personally I hate Emilia and Marco's green weapons :P)

I'm pretty sure that the option for the side chapter shouldn't even be coming up if she died, so I might have messed up somewhere in my eventing. I'll have to double check on that one.

Unless someone else can confirm for me that they've let Emilia die and the option to go to 19x didn't show up for them?

Eh, I could change them, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. That being said, I do a lot of things that I say I won't so maybe I will. :P

I'm actually fond of the center courtyard on this map. I don't like that the redesign takes it away. It also blends in too much with the previous map you posted. Too big and too blue, not diverse enough. The previous design does a very solid job of not looking too samey.

That's a fair point.

I could possibly make the central area below the throne into the courtyard area this time around.

I should also point out that this screenshot of the map is actually using the wrong tileset, oops.

It's still blue, but it's that lighter blue colour, if you know what I'm talking about.

I could possibly make the central area below the throne into the courtyard area this time around.

That would be nice, if it will not break the concept of your redesign.

- On the previous version of this map, I found it easy to give Layla some levels.

Will the training of Layla, on Chapter 6, be manageable after the redesign of this map?

Just to be clear, I recruited Emilia, deployed her asap and lost her.

Alright, that's fine.

After looking at it I think I found out what might be causing things to bug out, anyways.

I've now fixed it, I hope. I've checked it and it should now just move onto the save screen if she's dead, as of the next patch.

That would be nice, if it will not break the concept of your redesign.

- On the previous version of this map, I found it easy to give Layla some levels.

Will the training of Layla, on Chapter 6, be manageable after the redesign of this map?

Yeah, I'm still allowing for that.

The enemies on the map aren't as static as they were on the older one, so it might be a little bit more difficult, (not by much though) but there are a decent number of enemies for her to get some safe kills on.

Hey there, everyone.

So I'm now releasing the next patch of this to everyone.

I'll make a more detailed post about it later, but well, there you go. The important changes are listed in the Readme file.

I would not recommend trying to resume where you left off on a previous patch for this one, as some events and stuff have been moved around a bit.

As always, let me know if anything weird comes up and of course, enjoy.

Silly thing to point out:

The start of the Read Me file says its version 1.3.1 still.

I'll give it a whirl now though.

EDIT:

So far I'm liking most of the portraits. Josie though... you can see the corner of her eye blinking underneath the scar. She also seems to have a bit of a masculine face when seen in game and not just in a portrait topic. I mean she had a bit of one before so if that was intentional it succeeded. Its just more obvious/jarring at first now.

I like the sounds of more stealable items. Helps to make the thief more useful in the long run.

Edited by TheNiddo