Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Long time no see, Sacred Blaze! ...Ok,maybe it hasn't been THAT long, but it's been awhile since I last saw this topic. I'm happy to see you're still improving this game (even if it was already good from the get go). When summer ended and shcool started back, I stopped playing the game(the first version you put out in June) because 12'th grade is very demanding at times! Now that christmas break is coming up and I'm in a Fire Emblem crave again, I have an excuse to pick this up again. I can't wait to see what you changed! :3

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The start of the Read Me file says its version 1.3.1 still.

So far I'm liking most of the portraits. Josie though... you can see the corner of her eye blinking underneath the scar. She also seems to have a bit of a masculine face when seen in game and not just in a portrait topic. I mean she had a bit of one before so if that was intentional it succeeded. Its just more obvious/jarring at first now.

Found this after the first chapter:

http://imgur.com/5RNXwmY

Off to a good start...

Yeah, I'll sort those things out.

That's good to know about the portraits. I'm really glad that I got all the ones that I did.

Anyway:

The main changes, as listed in the Readme file are:

• New/Revamped portraits. (Mostly)
  • New map for chapters 6 and 19.
  • Changes in enemy composition, levels and positioning throughout the later chapters. A particular example of this is more promoted enemies in the last few chapters.
  • A couple more stealable items have been added to some (later) chapters, so lookout for them.
  • Small rebalances and changed boss stats. Amongst the player characters this includes: Drake, Gemma, Edward and Jace.
  • Some dialogue changes here and there. A few in the story, but most of it sits in supports, boss conversations and talk conversations.
  • A few more boss conversations have been added.
  • Certain supports - the ones that were really quite slow - are now easier to build.

As well as that, some other things:

• Light Cage, (the A-rank light tome from before) has been bumped down to B-rank and instead you will get the new A-rank tome with the same condition to obtain as the one before. The B-rank light tome is now obtained on chapter 19.
  • Chapter 22 (Matthias) has been reduced in size slightly. The beginning of this map is quite different from how it was before.
  • This was true as of 1.3.1, but the Eclipse tome's hit has been buffed slightly. Not to a really annoying extent, but just so that it at least something of a threat.
  • Val's promoted palette has been changed. Emilia now uses the female soldier animation made by Dr0zz.

I'm going to leave the new portrait topic open for now, so if you do have anything, I'd still appreciate whatever can be done to improve upon the remaining few there.

In the meantime, this will also be good time to iron out a few of the inevitable bugs and text codes that I might have left in before a truly finalised version of the patch can be released.

Whenever people do get around to them, I'd also like to know what people think of the new chapter 6 and chapter 19.

They are honestly just the most minor changes. +/- 1s, that's it, hardly buffs or nerfs.

Drake got tiny bonus to strength and skill to make him a tiny bit more consistent.

Gemma got a skill reduction.

Edward got a strength bonus to bring him up in utility a bit more.

Jace got a strength reduction.

For Gemma and Jace, the reductions were made to make their counterparts' (Nella and Andrei, respectively) advantages seem a bit more prevalent.

I could have also altered the growths, but it's a bit harder to see the direct difference that growths make, compared to bases, without changing them quite a bit.

Interesting. I don't know how much Jace is used by most people with Andrei having a rather noticeable level lead and a unique weapon. I always saw him more as a "Replacement Andrei if he got RNG screwed" character than anything else. But I'm aiming to give him a shot this playthrough so we'll see how it looks.

Gemma I've never had any luck with but I don't see a skill reduction really hurting her much so eh. Very happy that Drake gets to be more consistent though. Edward should hopefully be good between more strength and more items to steal.

Approaching chapter 6. I'm in final exam weeks atm so going a lot slower than normal for a playthrough.

That's cool, there's no rush. I'm in a similar position myself, anyways.

And yes that pretty much is Jace, yeah, unless you really like him over Andrei for whatever reason.

But he's actually alright, from my recent experiences with him. Like I said in my overviews of the characters, he just peaks much later into the game.

Also, a good Gemma will change your life, believe me.

It seems like everyone but me has trouble with her leveling strength, even with that 50% growth, though. It's really strange to me.

And we're back now, apparently.

I believe the issue should be fixed now. I managed to get to the next chapter and the map is there, events are working and everything, as far as I can see.

To anyone who had downloaded it before now, you should redownload and repatch, otherwise you won't be able to do 19x, I'm pretty sure there's no way around that.

Sorry about that.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

My game froze at the end of a cut-scene at the end of chapter 19 with a glitch that messed up the graphics. I was able to press start and skip the scene, but I probably missed some dialogue. Did anyone else encounter this?

Here's the save state: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6332zgav3g1w5zg/fe%20requiem%20ch19end.sgm?dl=0

PS: Thank you for this fun hack Sacred Blaze :D

Edited by jl260

If you can skip past it, it's probably something stupid on my part.

I'll check it out and get back to you on this.

Thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT: Yeah, it was something dumb. I didn't think that something I had edited earlier in the game would affect something at this point in the game, but it did.

If you redownload, it should be fixed now. Just resume from where your savestate is and everything should be fine.

Also, can I just say that the Linda you have on this save is amazingly good? Did you give her a lot of stat-boosters or are those just good levels?

And I should have said this before, but with both of these reuploads there should be no need to restart from the beginning or anything.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Oh damn, really? I had no idea.

This is the last bug, I promise.

It might be too little, too late, now, but you don't have to restart if you don't want to. The bug literally would only affect that one scene, (I'm pretty sure) which was at the end of chapter 18, by the way.

I had changed the way how Josie loads in the end scene, and I screwed up, which meant that she didn't actually appear, so the game glitched out when it tried to find her position and move her.

Ya there used to be another patching program for Mac, but the guy took it down. I've yet to find another one, and I figured out a while ago there is just no way to patch a file twice with Multipatch. Despite its name its a one and done deal as far as I can tell. Was trying to put both a translation and balance patch on FE6 and just would never work. Could only get one or the other on there, never both and I was the only one with that problem. Apparently the patched ROM looks different to Multipatch and doesn't recognize it as something it can patch.

Ya there used to be another patching program for Mac, but the guy took it down. I've yet to find another one, and I figured out a while ago there is just no way to patch a file twice with Multipatch. Despite its name its a one and done deal as far as I can tell. Was trying to put both a translation and balance patch on FE6 and just would never work. Could only get one or the other on there, never both and I was the only one with that problem. Apparently the patched ROM looks different to Multipatch and doesn't recognize it as something it can patch.

Yeah, you can't patch twice. However, I sometimes use Wine and use NUPS patcher, it works fine!

Thanks for the fix!

Nope, only gave her a seraph robe xD I like how she has more def and res than 80% of my roster. I actually use her as bait to lure some enemies away from my weaker units. Haven't used a sniper this way since Radiant Dawn.

Edited by jl260

As long as they're in his storage at the end of chapter 8, the items will be kept until he comes back.

Thanks for the quick reply, glad I don't have to go back and replay that chapter to use them all. Loving the game so far by the way, will definitely post back with my take on the whole thing when I'm done!

Something I'm not 100% sure on but I think the event flags or w/e are in the wrong order:

In chapter 2 or w/e the one with Clive is: he'll move without anyone in range at the start of a turn, and then at the end of the turn when its switching to player phase he'll say his "they're still alive? Time to get serious" line.

I did have Josie land on his section of the map past the river that turn.

Yeah, that's because him saying that is a turn event.

Prior to that he'll move if you enter within double of his move and attack range. I think I changed his AI to that from a normal 'attack in range' AI.

I don't disable him saying that even if you move into his range before that, which I probably should have.