Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

The problem with trying for an alternative stat booster is the first time player is going to have no idea it exists unless they, like me, take a peek at the chapter objectives and see that talking is an option, and take it. And even then, not everyone is going to realise the difference until it gets pointed out to them. It's a difference sure, but it's not necessarily an advantage; you're just reshuffling bonus stat increase from one to another ("do you want more defense or more e.g. strength?"), and you're still giving up on the boss exp.

Perhaps alternatively you could give Kane a slightly different starting weapon set for talking to him? An early killer weapon might make for a reasonable compromise for the loss of exp. and the comparatively awkward task of triggering the talk. I'm not saying you give up on the stat booster; just have him join with the dracoshield (or whatever) in his inventory.

(I was going to suggest that Kane delay his recruitment for a chapter because Val kicked him around too much, but the boss exp. and stat booster aren't worth that handicap.)

Hmm, yeah that's a good point.

A different weapon set does sounds good as well.

Funnily enough I had considered delaying Kane's recruitment once before, actually, but decided not to go through with it.

Alternatively, you could give a game over for actually killing Kane, since talking to him is the "canon" objective.

Personally I wouldn't like that if it were the case, so I wouldn't make that the case.

Unlike, say - talking to Fargus, Kane moves and attacks and isn't that strong so it would be really annoying to move into his range and get a unlucky crit on him or something, especially with the length of that map.

Realy great game, everything was on point man!

I especially liked the story it was really well written and had a lot of great twists in it.

Thanks for playing. Glad you enjoyed it.

is this one of the final versions of this hack? just wondering cause i want to download it when its like, fully done.

I think the patch that I'll upload once the portraits are done will be the last proper update, probably.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not necessary imo, but it's your choice.

It'll get bumped down to 20 once they get into a fight as well.

Who got bugged on your run?

Val, Andrei, and Isaac.

I ended up leaving it on.

It's good for Andrei since he got RNG screwed though.

Now I'm in chapter 19, loving it so far.

So I just noticed in the support list after grinding for supports..
Jace and Emilia's A support has been greyed out.
Will this be added in upcoming release?

EDIT: Never mind, some other characters appear to have similar condition, but the supports are still accessible.

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins

[spoiler=Just in case you're interested in some endgame screens...]

http://imgur.com/a/m68Ot

Nice, always cool to see other people's characters.

So I just noticed in the support list after grinding for supports..

Jace and Emilia's A support has been greyed out.

Will this be added in upcoming release?

EDIT: Never mind, some other characters appear to have similar condition, but the supports are still accessible.

Yeah, that's because Kenrick and Emilia take up Pent and Louise's slots, respectively.

They're restricted to B supports in FE7, other than with each other, so it just greys them out on that screen.

That was what the patch I uploaded before was supposed to fix. Last I checked it doesn't bug out.

I'll upload a new one. Tell me if it works or not.

Are you just getting the black screen? Or is it a different kind of crash?

It was just a black screen that would appear after I agreed to do the chapter.

I'm on chapter 23 Sad I don't want to beat it because the game ends soon xD.

Thank you so much for bringing us this Project loved it the sprites the story the characters

Favorite character Alicia I disliked her at first then after support with Ash she has a sweet side was a tad disappointed she became a Sage wanted something dark like you know druid Ash also wanted a Soul Reaper type for him since he accepts the darkness, Oscar maybe a Great Knight and someone to become an assassin I don't know.. just me love playing and having each different unit.

P.S I gave my mages the tome -Erase- and now they all use dark magic.

I was searching the Forums and I was lucky enough to find this hack. I'm really impressed with the work you've done with this project. From, the walthrough, the support convo sheet, to the game itself, it's apparent that you have worked very hard on this game.

I really enjoyed playing this game and I hoep to see more of your work with future projects!

Pro_Fo

Thank you so much for bringing us this Project loved it the sprites the story the characters

Favorite character Alicia I disliked her at first then after support with Ash she has a sweet side was a tad disappointed she became a Sage wanted something dark like you know druid Ash also wanted a Soul Reaper type for him since he accepts the darkness, Oscar maybe a Great Knight and someone to become an assassin I don't know.. just me love playing and having each different unit.

Well I actually thought the Same About Ashs promotion and I thought the generic Necromancer animation from the Animation topic would fit really well and beside of that you already got more then enough healing units so Ash using staves isn't really necessary.

But for the other classes I think there Are already enough and it's really Good balanced within the game.

Edited by Masterplan201

Yeah, the druid animation is ugly and Alicia promoting to sage makes her feel less important and Layla redundant...

In my opinion the sage really fits Alicia because of her Hunger for wisdom and she isn't the type of Person to be a druid/Valkyrie... IDK it just fits her.

In my opinion the sage really fits Alicia because of her Hunger for wisdom and she isn't the type of Person to be a druid/Valkyrie... IDK it just fits her.

Well, dark magic is associated with hunger for wisdom as much as anima magic. Also, she does learn some of Ash's dark magic, canonically.

Still, some minor difference from the basic sage class and a different name would be enough to make her feel unique. Like a dark and anima class called "dark sage" or something.

For Ash, he too could use a different weapon type before promotion and gain dark later (light+dark would be unique in fire emblem as a whole), as he is accepting the darkness. Or he can become some sort of dark magic swordmaster/berserker, only using dark from start to finish but using its full power (crit bonus+S level+personal tome+high con) after promotion.

And the summoner animation seems like it was made specifically for him, looking at his mug. It would need a palette fix though

[spoiler=comparison]2hnpba0.jpg

This way no one of them would use staves, wich would make staves an incentive for using at least another magic user.

That Are some really Good Points and I agree with you, althrough I think that an important Aspect of Ashs in battle is the hood, that's why his mug in game has the hood on an in cutscenes he doesn't wear Them.

I personally think the generic Necromancer would fit the Most plus it looks badass haha

post-3156-0-68278200-1453130027_thumb.png

I think you have some good points too and this is probably just a matter of opinion.

I wouldn't like Ash as a generic necromancer. Not because it doesn't look good, but because the big bad uses the non-hooded version, so I think it would look bad having them against each other. Someone else may actually like that.

And the summoner seems like it does have an hood but it just isn't on. That's fitting for Ash as he rarely puts his hood on in scenes.

Oscar = Isaac? Or is that Kane?

I was searching the Forums and I was lucky enough to find this hack. I'm really impressed with the work you've done with this project. From, the walthrough, the support convo sheet, to the game itself, it's apparent that you have worked very hard on this game.

I really enjoyed playing this game and I hoep to see more of your work with future projects!

Pro_Fo

Anyway, thanks for playing guys.

And on all this class stuff:

I like Druids :/ That's pretty much all I have to say about the look, lol. The look seems to be mostly opinion based, but I know I'm not the only one.

Alicia gets dark magic on promotion though, that is her difference from the other sages. Rayden = Anima/Light/Staff, Alicia = Anima/Dark, Layla = Anima/Staves. The three sages also have some slightly different caps even though it doesn't mean much seeing as 20/20 on several units isn't really normal.

Or are we talking only about having different names?

Anyway, for a lot of reasons, I probably wouldn't give Ash light magic. I'd have to make some plot alterations for one thing.

The extra crit doesn't really seem like it'd work well either. Mainly because a lot of enemies don't have the greatest resistance. There'd be almost nothing he wouldn't kill which would make him somewhat OP. A comparison for this is Berserker Hawke, but he doesn't have good hit rates, especially against sword users and he gets destroyed by enemy attacks. (especially magic stuff) Meanwhile, Ash doesn't really have weapon triangle disadvantages for most of the game, and his defenses and hp are decent enough.

Not only that, but unless I got rid of Luna and the Light magic spells crit bonuses, things might get out of hand, imo.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Well I actually thought the Same About Ashs promotion and I thought the generic Necromancer animation from the Animation topic would fit really well and beside of that you already got more then enough healing units so Ash using staves isn't really necessary.

But for the other classes I think there Are already enough and it's really Good balanced within the game.

Well same after a while just Ash promotion didn't seem right I never saw him as that So I used gameshark and made him into a necromancer but he's a tad uber so i see why he was made as a Druid

@Sacred

Oops yes Issac but not the great knight from FE7 i meant to say the one from FE8 but forgot that class is not in the game while searching about Ash sorry xD

Ash- since he gave up the darkness thought he would end like Shel but Shel was directly controlled

And no worries thank you for the Projected Will play over again once v1.4 is out.

was gonna make this 2 posts so I just editted

Edited by CatBombon

@Sacred

I went and repatched the ROM and my save still freezes when I try to go to Chapter 19x. I am loving your hack so far and would love to finish it, but as it stands I'm unfortunately unable to continue any further.

Hmm, ok. Would you be able to give me a copy of your .sav file and/or a save state file sometime before things are freezing up?

It might be easier to figure out exactly what is going wrong from there.

Also, do you know what date you got the patch before the one that you just used?

Sorry about the inconvenience, btw.

Hmm, ok. Would you be able to give me a copy of your .sav file and/or a save state file sometime before things are freezing up?

It might be easier to figure out exactly what is going wrong from there.

Also, do you know what date you got the patch before the one that you just used?

Sorry about the inconvenience, btw.

No worries, it happens. How would I go about doing that? Would I send it through a PM here? I tried doing that and it wouldn't allow me to attach a sav file for some reason. And I'm pretty sure I downloaded the latest patch after Christmas.