Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Are there support endings in this hack?

In the support table in the first page, there are indications of who has a paired ending.

The ones I unlocked in my first playthrough were:

Val/Kane

Ash/Alicia

Emilia/Kendrick (they are the Pent/Louise I believe, so I think their ending is automatic whether or not their A is reached)

Linda/Katarina

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're pretty much supposed to use them that chapter ya.

Its a fairly decent set up for "btw, don't be afraid to use pre-promotes this game. They don't actually suck." You will most likely need them for at least a few chapters in Val Mode. I'd say there's 3 chapters where you absolutely need them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sry, if this was answered already... but I have a question about Almer:

QQjFAgu.png

He bought stuff in one chapter but neither he can trade these weapons to anyone, nor he can send them to the supply.

They're without use currently.

My question: Are these tomes lost or is there still a way I could give them to someone somehow?

(I don't know if there was the exact same issue with transporter Merlinus in the original FE7)

Anyways I enjoy this hack so far! (currently playing chapter 23)

Hawke or Keiran will become my MVP of this hack for sure.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Unfortunately those items are lost unless you can get him to visit a village and fill up his inventory... then you could send them to the convoy lel

Sry, if this was answered already... but I have a question about Almer:

He bought stuff in one chapter but neither he can trade these weapons to anyone, nor he can send them to the supply.

They're without use currently.

My question: Are these tomes lost or is there still a way I could give them to someone somehow?

(I don't know if there was the exact same issue with transporter Merlinus in the original FE7)

Anyways I enjoy this hack so far! (currently playing chapter 23)

Hawke or Keiran will become my MVP of this hack for sure.

From the OP:

Q: I bought something from the shop with Almer, how do I get the items back from him?

A: You'll need a preparations screen to do this, firstly. From there follow these steps:

1. Go to Trade.
  2. Select a character (preferably one with space for items) and select List.
  3. Find an item that says "Owner: Almer" and then select it.
  4. A trade screen will be brought up and then you can take the items off of him.

From the OP:

Q: I bought something from the shop with Almer, how do I get the items back from him?

A: You'll need a preparations screen to do this, firstly. From there follow these steps:

1. Go to Trade.
  2. Select a character (preferably one with space for items) and select List.
  3. Find an item that says "Owner: Almer" and then select it.
  4. A trade screen will be brought up and then you can take the items off of him.

Many thanks!

It worked.

Played it, loved it. It could easily pass as an official GBA FE game.

And it's 100% complete too. Even today, the only other 100% complete hack is still The Last Promise. I'm starting to think that your name should contain the word "Blaze" if you actually want your hack to be fully completed.

Now, I read the part of this thread about how Clare should use light magic instead of anima, like how valkyries used light in FE8. Then I looked at the FE8 units in this hack and I figured something: Might as well add another FE8 unit while we're at it. In this case, make Alicia promote into a Mage Knight (but still use Anima/Dark instead of Anima/Staff). After all, lots of lords get horses on promotion.

[spoiler=Finished Requiem]

It was fun.

The map design was good for the most part..

My favorite chapter was the escape mission when Shel appeared after a certain time.

It's one of very few FE games / hacks I enjoyed using a pirate. Hawke literally broke the game for me. He was an axe myrmidon with amazing strength and speed growth. His skill wasn't bad either. He could oneround Legato and the final boss (with dancer).

Of the lords honestly I only found Valentine usable at the end. She started squishy but with a bit investment in form of stat boosts she became amazing, maxed strength, skill, speed and defense.

The mage lords were outclassed unfortunately. Ash was alright, but Alicia became pretty mediocre at the end with low magic and speed.

Also I kinda wished that some characters had better bases / growthrates. Nala's strength and defense were awful and she was totally lost when Ordanze joined.

Edward was pretty bad too... but I had to use him because he was the only thief I got.

Also Andrei was a complete disappointment I promoted him at level 12 to a hero with 9 (!!!) speed. Thankfully he wasn't forced later on anymore.

After playing the early chapters... I thought it would turn into a really hard hack because especially the prolog and chapter 1 were tough.

But at least after the reunion it became easier and easier... tbh a bit too easy at the end. Though it was only normal mode, so I hope for a bit more challenge in hard mode.

Of the two completed hacks I enjoyed Requiem more than The Last Promise,.despite latter added some non-FE themes. But gameplaywise Requiem was more enjoyable all in all.

Oh, I forgot to mention this the first time.

You can actually steal Matthias' Iron Rune, and still get the one that the end of the battle gives you. So you can have two Iron Runes.

Not sure why the Iron Rune wasn't just simply made droppable.

You can actually steal Matthias' Iron Rune, and still get the one that the end of the battle gives you. So you can have two Iron Runes.

Because maybe they wanted the extra challenge? A lot of items in the vanilla games are this way as well. Sometimes enemies will be holding upgrade items and it's up to you to take on the extra challenge instead of the usual droppable item.

Played it, loved it. It could easily pass as an official GBA FE game.

And it's 100% complete too. Even today, the only other 100% complete hack is still The Last Promise. I'm starting to think that your name should contain the word "Blaze" if you actually want your hack to be fully completed.

Now, I read the part of this thread about how Clare should use light magic instead of anima, like how valkyries used light in FE8. Then I looked at the FE8 units in this hack and I figured something: Might as well add another FE8 unit while we're at it. In this case, make Alicia promote into a Mage Knight (but still use Anima/Dark instead of Anima/Staff). After all, lots of lords get horses on promotion.

[spoiler=Finished Requiem]

It was fun.

The map design was good for the most part..

My favorite chapter was the escape mission when Shel appeared after a certain time.

It's one of very few FE games / hacks I enjoyed using a pirate. Hawke literally broke the game for me. He was an axe myrmidon with amazing strength and speed growth. His skill wasn't bad either. He could oneround Legato and the final boss (with dancer).

Of the lords honestly I only found Valentine usable at the end. She started squishy but with a bit investment in form of stat boosts she became amazing, maxed strength, skill, speed and defense.

The mage lords were outclassed unfortunately. Ash was alright, but Alicia became pretty mediocre at the end with low magic and speed.

Also I kinda wished that some characters had better bases / growthrates. Nala's strength and defense were awful and she was totally lost when Ordanze joined.

Edward was pretty bad too... but I had to use him because he was the only thief I got.

Also Andrei was a complete disappointment I promoted him at level 12 to a hero with 9 (!!!) speed. Thankfully he wasn't forced later on anymore.

After playing the early chapters... I thought it would turn into a really hard hack because especially the prolog and chapter 1 were tough.

But at least after the reunion it became easier and easier... tbh a bit too easy at the end. Though it was only normal mode, so I hope for a bit more challenge in hard mode.

Of the two completed hacks I enjoyed Requiem more than The Last Promise,.despite latter added some non-FE themes. But gameplaywise Requiem was more enjoyable all in all.

Glad you two enjoyed it!

And yeah, normal mode tends to get a little too easy in the late-game. I think Skye and Hawke are the two characters that tend to become a little too powerful for the game to handle sometimes. I've seen it in some playthroughs of the game.

If you want to share your character stats, it'd be nice to see them.

I don't remember all that clearly, but I think I did it because otherwise you could steal the Iron Rune and then you'd be able to get 2 S-Rank Swords, by killing him and then getting another one at the end of the chapter.

If that's not an FE7 thing, or even a FE thing, then I have no idea why. Probably an oversight.

I don't remember all that clearly, but I think I did it because otherwise you could steal the Iron Rune and then you'd be able to get 2 S-Rank Swords, by killing him and then getting another one at the end of the chapter.

If that's not an FE7 thing, or even a FE thing, then I have no idea why. Probably an oversight.

That shouldn't happen...? I recall that when you steal an item set to be dropped it erases the drop flag instead of transferring it to the next item up.

That shouldn't happen...? I recall that when you steal an item set to be dropped it erases the drop flag instead of transferring it to the next item up.

Then yeah, I guess there's no real reason. Enjoy the free iron rune if you can be bothered to get it.

Might actually be a helpful tool, especially on the final chapter in hard mode. Those berserkers, swordmasters and Luna druids can really screw you over there.

Yeah, stealing a droppable item won't make any other items droppable.

Even if I pumped my final team full of stat boosting supplements in the final chapter?

[spoiler=These are the units I brought to the final chapter:]

efKoRqy.png98IS4hx.png5SkvhoY.pnglH3NODT.pngWGbKLJC.pngooxgXB4.png

BrejRYi.pngcTNS4ZW.pngF3PTLR3.png9v6uNbP.pngiEAVrTn.pngCOVDepj.png

I'd say everyone except for Alicia and Ordanze was great. (didn't check out growthrates)

I must admit I used a few status boots on Val (energy drop, draco shield, angelic robe) in part 1. I'm not sure, if she would have maxed defense without it.

About the second iron rune:

I found it a little bit weird too that I still got (a second) one after stealing it from the boss. After thinking about it I thought it was scripted for some reason. But apparently it wasn't.

It doesn't mean that I don't like to see multiple iron runes. For example The Last Promise gave you two delphi shields (iirc one was stealable from a pegasus knight boss and one was dropped by an enemy)

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

[spoiler=These are the units I brought to the final chapter:]

efKoRqy.png98IS4hx.png5SkvhoY.pnglH3NODT.pngWGbKLJC.pngooxgXB4.png

BrejRYi.pngcTNS4ZW.pngF3PTLR3.png9v6uNbP.pngiEAVrTn.pngCOVDepj.png

I'd say everyone except for Alicia and Ordanze was great. (didn't check out growthrates)

I must admit I used a few status boots on Val (energy drop, draco shield, angelic robe) in part 1. I'm not sure, if she would have maxed defense without it.

About the second iron rune:

I found it a little bit weird too that I still got (a second) one after stealing it from the boss. After thinking about it I thought it was scripted for some reason. But apparently it wasn't.

It doesn't mean that I don't like to see multiple iron runes. For example The Last Promise gave you two delphi shields (iirc one was stealable from a pegasus knight boss and one was dropped by an enemy)

Your characters are turned out pretty good across the board, I'd say.

Your Ordanze and Alicia are actually pretty standard, honestly. Your other characters just were a lot better it seems.

I've never seen Val max out defence before, even with all the dragonshields you get throughout the game.

I'm doing a playthrough on hard mode right now, and I wish I had a Hawke like that. He's level 15 unpromoted right now with 8 speed. (10 now that I gave him some speedwings) He definitely won't turn out like that.

Here's my final team. I only played Normal in both modes.

Kd45YEd.png

MdDCI5E.png

AWlzYJB.png

AqmkGTK.png

NiGQsfM.png

en1nmfu.png

VXvFQ7A.png

aC0rg7V.png

YKo2mMn.png

eJseYE0.png

FFysDSP.png

t9gw6Zo.png

uk3yzUd.png

Yok3Hl7.png

Other than the body rings, I forgot what I gave to who. Also, Andrei and Isaac got bit by the bug.

Pretty good set of characters here as well, I'd say.

Funny that you both ended up having good Vals in the end. Gonna guess that's once again to the use of statboosters in her mode.

So I'm a little over halfway through the game. I love it so far, probably my favorite FE hack. One minor thing that I thought I might make you aware of is the fact that the banner in the upper right corner of the prep screen displays incorrect numbers for what chapter it is. Since it first showed up in FE7 in Chapter 14, the first chapter with a prep screen in Ash mode (I believe 12?) displays as Chapter 14 instead of the correct number.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished playing this today and I gotta say I liked it a lot, a very well made and fun to play hack, without mentioning the story is very good and the characters well written, much better than standard FE in my opinion. Thank you very much for taking so much of your time to do this and make it accessible to us, fans. Val's sisterly care, Ash's repressed guilt, Andrei's rashness and full of energy attitude and Alicia's personality overall really made it pretty interesting for me to see how the plot unfolded, and quite the bittersweet ending it has.