Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 units. 3 forced units + 11 chosen.

Edit: I'm gonna add this to the front page FAQ. Probably should have done it a while back.

Thank you! :) Gonna begin the hack with this in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

The download link's in the first post under download, you'll have to patch it onto a US rom of FE7 using a UPS patching utility and no, don't try to ask for links to the rom, you're not allowed to do that and nobody here can provide them here.

You will get to use him after Chapter 8; other than that, I don't think so. I personally love how well written the game is. 

Also hello! First post around the forums, and it's an in depth post on a hack. I'm currently on chapter 1 of Requiem, and I will applaud how intricately designed the maps are. It feels almost puzzle like with precise placements of units necessary in order to finish each chapter, and I for one am loving it. Good job hack creator on that and previously mentioned story elements. Engrossing and enjoyable while definitely requiring previous FE experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, vazful said:

Hello.

Stats growths work like in FE original games or u use different mechanics?

The growths are the same, no changes. plus I don't think there's any sort of new mechanics in this game, what makes it good is the storyline. totally recommended mate.

and hello btw!

Edited by Warlock

2 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Hey.  I'm new to this hack, and I'm enjoying it so far.  Quick question of advice for anyone here: What level would you recommend to promote units in this hack?

20 is the norm for pretty much any fire emblem, vanilla or hack.

6 hours ago, Avril Lavigne said:

Thanks.  I've played many other Fire Emblems, and that's what I normally do, but the enemies in this hack seem to scale at a level where despite being about 5 levels below your units they still somehow feel stronger.

On an unrelated note, can the maker of this hack indicate that you HAVE to save Ordanze when he appears as a green unit?  Taking an example from Laraya the very next chapter, she has a blinking diamond signaling that you have to keep her alive, but for some reason that is not the case with Ordanze.  I had to promote Keiran early at level 15 so that he could reach him in time because he kept dying to all of the enemies that dog piled him.

On 20/4/2017 at 6:28 AM, Avril Lavigne said:

Wrong. If you don't think you'll be able to get the unit to 20/20 you'd better promote early. It's better to finish the game with a 16/20 character than 20/16 since they end up with the same stats but you get to make use of the promotion bonuses early and can even build up the secondary weapon rank.

59 minutes ago, Enaluxeme said:

Wrong. If you don't think you'll be able to get the unit to 20/20 you'd better promote early. It's better to finish the game with a 16/20 character than 20/16 since they end up with the same stats but you get to make use of the promotion bonuses early and can even build up the secondary weapon rank.

Yeah, it does help in certain circumstances to promote early, especially because it does take advantage of a nice bonus. But what I should have said is that reaching level 20, for a prepromote, is typically more desirable than not reaching level 20 as a prepromote. I just don't usually have troubles with deciding who to promote and I don't usually have, say, a lvl. 16 prepromote who is in the threat of danger, or a time crunch, to make me absolutely need to use the promotional item. Usually by that time the unit is competent enough to wait for the promotional bonuses until lvl. 20 and gain as much experience and stat points as possible. So that's why I said that. 

I'm assuming you mean unpromoted instead of prepromoted.

Yes, an high level unpromoted is competent enough stat wise, but promotion gives you movement and often more con and another weapon tipe. Cavaliers are the one class that remains basically the same after promotion.

Of course an unit that is promoted on level 20 has higher potential, but if you aren't going to get it to 20/20 because you don't have the time to do it or you would need to go out of your way to feed that unit you'd better promote early.

In this hack its actually somewhat difficult to hit 20/20. I only pulled that off with one unit. Not enough chapters. I'd say go for like 18/20 or even 16/20. Depends on the unit/if anything is already capped.

5 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

In this hack its actually somewhat difficult to hit 20/20. I only pulled that off with one unit. Not enough chapters. I'd say go for like 18/20 or even 16/20. Depends on the unit/if anything is already capped.

You could abuse the arena in chapter 18 to get your unprompted units to level 20.  Also, since there is a secret shop in that chapter that sells promotional items, you could promote your units and then level your promoted units up all the way to max level.