Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

1 minute ago, Enaluxeme said:

'cause he's that awesome! (?)

Actually, now that I think about it, it may have to due with a programming oversight.  At the end of chapter 19x, when he kills the boss in a cutscene, he was a blue unit instead of a green unit, and I believe he was also a blue unit when he attacked the assassin boss in chapter 10.  Since he was coded as a blue unit, he may have inadvertently retained the experience he would have gotten if he were actually a part of our army.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

I'm assuming you mean unpromoted instead of prepromoted.

Yes, an high level unpromoted is competent enough stat wise, but promotion gives you movement and often more con and another weapon tipe. Cavaliers are the one class that remains basically the same after promotion.

Of course an unit that is promoted on level 20 has higher potential, but if you aren't going to get it to 20/20 because you don't have the time to do it or you would need to go out of your way to feed that unit you'd better promote early.

OMG stupid mistake. Lol yes, I meant unpremoted wtf.

3 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

In this hack its actually somewhat difficult to hit 20/20. I only pulled that off with one unit. Not enough chapters. I'd say go for like 18/20 or even 16/20. Depends on the unit/if anything is already capped.

Oh well yeah I guess so. I did have a few that were not yet level 20 when promoted, now that I think about it. Silly me. I lost my .sav file that has all of their stats. 

Another question for anyone to answer: I'm on the chapter where you kill Legato, but there is door in the way, there are no other entrances, and I don't have a door key.  Is there anyway to get around this or am I going to have to field Edward with a lock pick?

2 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Another question for anyone to answer: I'm on the chapter where you kill Legato, but there is door in the way, there are no other entrances, and I don't have a door key.  Is there anyway to get around this or am I going to have to field Edward with a lock pick?

Door keys and lockpicks won't work; instead, you have to step on floor switches to open them.  They're a slightly different color from the regular floor tiles; but seeing as this seems to happen a lot, perhaps arrow indicators should've been used on them too.

3 minutes ago, Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Door keys and lockpicks won't work; instead, you have to step on floor switches to open them.  They're a slightly different color from the regular floor tiles; but seeing as this seems to happen a lot, perhaps arrow indicators should've been used on them too.

Thanks.

Edit:  Also, who the hell is Manfred?  He has literally not appeared at any other point of the game.

Edited by XIII Hearts

One more problem, and it's kind of big.  I just completed the game and wanted to try Alicia mode.  The problem however is that it won't let me choose ANYTHING.  When I try to select which game mode to play, it just keeps cycling through the choices without me touching the controller, and I can't do anything about it.  In fact, I can't even play through the game a second time now because it just refuses to let me start a new game.  Anyone have any idea on what to do?

Edit: Never mind.  I just restarted the emulator and everything was fixed.  Either way, that was a weird bug.

Edited by XIII Hearts

So I just started Alicia mode, and I'm confused by what Layla said about unlocking the characters' support conversations.  Can anyone clarify what she meant by that?  Like if I am somehow able to build everyone's support so that the conversation chart has been filled 100%?  How would I go about doing that?

Just now, Vince777 said:

Wait, there's a second mode in this game?

Does this imply different maps?

Think of Alica's mode as Hector's mode from FE7.  There might be some different maps, I'm not sure, but I think that most, if not all maps, will be the same as Ash's mode.  Also, I really hope someone who has played Alicia mode would tell me what I'm supposed to do on that weird prologue map.  I know th OBJECTIVE, but again, Layla's line about getting support conversations still confuses me.

19 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Edit:  Also, who the hell is Manfred?  He has literally not appeared at any other point of the game.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's not important at all really. Short story is, he's just a prisoner of the fortress, that isn't quite all there anymore.

The longer story is a much longer one that has to do with the events of the Great War that people keep referring to in the game. It can sort of be learned about through some supports (Val & Kane, Isaac & Kane, for example) and then Alicia's mode. Even then, there's not a whole lot to know.

Just think of him as a way of getting your S rank axe.

16 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

So I just started Alicia mode, and I'm confused by what Layla said about unlocking the characters' support conversations.  Can anyone clarify what she meant by that?  Like if I am somehow able to build everyone's support so that the conversation chart has been filled 100%?  How would I go about doing that?

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Wait, there's a second mode in this game?

Does this imply different maps?

As for this, from the Secrets/Missable Stuff Spoiler on the front post:

Misc:

After beating the game, there is an extra chapter available if you start a new game on Hector (Alicia) mode. There's not actually a map to fight on or anything, so don't get your hopes up.

And what Layla is talking about is that basically, when you finish the chapter, you can repeat it again and again, allowing you to get character's A supports unlocked, if you really want to. It's not like Hector mode in being an alternative version of the Ash story, or being a whole new thing.

4 hours ago, Sacred Blaze said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's not important at all really. Short story is, he's just a prisoner of the fortress, that isn't quite all there anymore.

The longer story is a much longer one that has to do with the events of the Great War that people keep referring to in the game. It can sort of be learned about through some supports (Val & Kane, Isaac & Kane, for example) and then Alicia's mode. Even then, there's not a whole lot to know.

Just think of him as a way of getting your S rank axe.

As for this, from the Secrets/Missable Stuff Spoiler on the front post:

Misc:

After beating the game, there is an extra chapter available if you start a new game on Hector (Alicia) mode. There's not actually a map to fight on or anything, so don't get your hopes up.

And what Layla is talking about is that basically, when you finish the chapter, you can repeat it again and again, allowing you to get character's A supports unlocked, if you really want to. It's not like Hector mode in being an alternative version of the Ash story, or being a whole new thing.

Thanks.  So is it a case that I have to make a separate save file for this particular map?  Or something else?  Also, does this map still adhere to the maximum supports for each character being 5 conversations?  If so, then how would I go about getting everyone's A support for every possible support?

4 hours ago, XIII Hearts said:

Thanks.  So is it a case that I have to make a separate save file for this particular map?  Or something else?  Also, does this map still adhere to the maximum supports for each character being 5 conversations?  If so, then how would I go about getting everyone's A support for every possible support?

Yep, still only 5 conversations per character.

So, once you get an A support, you have to start the Alicia mode over again. (Through a new game) And then do the same thing to get another A support. It's a bit of a grind, I know, but I don't think there are any workarounds to it that I would only be able to apply to this chapter.

The main part of the chapter is just to bring some context to some of the things that didn't quite get enough background though, seeing as I didn't have a world map events like the normal games would or anything.

8 hours ago, Sacred Blaze said:

Yep, still only 5 conversations per character.

So, once you get an A support, you have to start the Alicia mode over again. (Through a new game) And then do the same thing to get another A support. It's a bit of a grind, I know, but I don't think there are any workarounds to it that I would only be able to apply to this chapter.

The main part of the chapter is just to bring some context to some of the things that didn't quite get enough background though, seeing as I didn't have a world map events like the normal games would or anything.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

This was a fun hack to play. Some points were difficult, but that's what made me want to keep going and finish it. All of the characters were enjoyable, and the story itself was outstanding. I am happy that I found this hack. At some point I forgot I was playing hack, because the game was programmed really well.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Spectraman said:

Hey guys, I am playing on mac. Do I use Multipatch? Also after extracting the rar file, what is the file I have to use in order to patch the game into a clean FE7 rom?

Yes.  Multipatch should work as that is what I used, and the file should be labeled Requiem.ups

3 hours ago, Renais said:

so whats new with 1.7? Can we still use our old save files?

Did you post in the wrong thread or something? There is no version 1.7, as the title states the current version is 1.4.

23 hours ago, Darrman said:

Did you post in the wrong thread or something? There is no version 1.7, as the title states the current version is 1.4.

yeah sorry 1.4 is what i ment haha

Well, that was interesting, not yet done but reached the end of chapter 19.  I found the first 3 chapters very difficult but after that a significant drop in how hard this hack was even though there was still plenty of challenge. The story and supports are wonderful, truly this felt like a official Fire Emblem game.

Some things I've noticed:
* Alicia's class is Mage but gets treated as Lord for promotion. Changing her class name could reduce confusion.
* Break Arc triggers on Dragonlord even with Magic Shroud. This could be due to it being tagged as an armored unit instead of just flying and dragon?
* Healing Staves give massive amounts of experience, making leveling up promoted characters especially easy if they have access to them.
* Text at the end of Chapter 19 right before Ash promotes isn't affected by text speed changes in the options and can't be skipped with B or START.

Anyway, I'm posting now instead of when I finished, since currently the game is stuck:
At the end of chapter 19, I'm prompted with a screen asking if I want to move onto an optional chapter. Either answer results in a black screen. I did spend a large amount of time in the previous chapter (arena grinding) but I don't think it's related. Having Val and Alicia in my party or not ,and with inventory space or not didn't make a difference. Help would be much appreciated!

On 8/1/2017 at 4:38 PM, Sythion said:

Well, that was interesting, not yet done but reached the end of chapter 19.  I found the first 3 chapters very difficult but after that a significant drop in how hard this hack was even though there was still plenty of challenge. The story and supports are wonderful, truly this felt like a official Fire Emblem game.

Some things I've noticed:
* Alicia's class is Mage but gets treated as Lord for promotion. Changing her class name could reduce confusion.
* Break Arc triggers on Dragonlord even with Magic Shroud. This could be due to it being tagged as an armored unit instead of just flying and dragon?
* Healing Staves give massive amounts of experience, making leveling up promoted characters especially easy if they have access to them.
* Text at the end of Chapter 19 right before Ash promotes isn't affected by text speed changes in the options and can't be skipped with B or START.

Anyway, I'm posting now instead of when I finished, since currently the game is stuck:
At the end of chapter 19, I'm prompted with a screen asking if I want to move onto an optional chapter. Either answer results in a black screen. I did spend a large amount of time in the previous chapter (arena grinding) but I don't think it's related. Having Val and Alicia in my party or not ,and with inventory space or not didn't make a difference. Help would be much appreciated!

Yah dude I have the same problem with the black screen after chapter 19! Can someone please help with this problem!!!!