Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Can I ask how large the rom you have right now is?

The most recent patch that I put up here should have created a rom that was 18,092 KB, I think.

If it's significantly smaller or larger than that, then I think the bugginess is really only likely to get worse and worse, honestly.

EDIT: Disregard the above.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, now that I'm looking at it - false alarm, because that's what mine says if I go into properties, so that's not the problem, I guess.

And my rom definitely isn't broken like that, last I checked.

EDIT: Wow, wait, I said it was, before. That's a big mistake. My rom isn't broken, I meant.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Fire Emblem: Requiem

This is an FE7 ROM hack, containing 26 chapters, prologue to ch.24 and a Gaiden chapter.

It contains new events, maps, sprites, icons(not all) and story. (Not much in the way of other custom graphics, like UI, unfortunately)

Supports are available between characters. (100% complete) Turn rankings have been worked out. (Sort of, I'm not an LTC player) Hard mode is available and has had the Hector Hard Mode changes applied to it.

Synopsis:

On the continent of Emire, 17 years ago, a thirteen year war (commonly referred to as the "Great War") ended as the vassals of a Emperor turned against him to remove him from power and established themselves as separate powers in the mainland, bringing about a new era peace in the lands.

This hack follows those in the noble house of Olva and more specifically the two children of the head of the house, Valentine and Ash, as another noble house, Egarde, threatens them by declaring war on them.

Meanwhile, a more sinister threat grows to present itself.

[spoiler=Screenshots]

ineaE.png

[spoiler=Credits]

Thanks to:

Animations:

The Blind Archer

Kitty of Time

eCut

Jubby

oracle_of_fire

Graphics/Maps:

Feaw

Kitty of Time

Hacking:

Nintenlord

Hextator

[spoiler=Notes]

Although this hack has seemingly come out of nowhere, I have actually been working on this for quite a while.

As for why I never posted anything about it, it's more because it was just a personal project for some friends of mine.

I'm posting it here now, as I'm kind of trying to move away from hacking for now to focus on other stuff, (university etc.) so I thought, why not let others see it as well.

[spoiler=Character Recruitment]

Prologue: None

Ch.1: Keiran, Katarina, Linda (Turn 1, with your units) Josie, Rayden (Join automatically on Turn 8)

Ch.2: Marco (Appears turn 2, talk to with Val)

Ch.3: None

Ch.4: None (No, Kane is not recruitable here)

Ch.5: Isaac, Kane (Join automatically on turn 1) Nella (Appears on turn 4, talk to with Val or Keiran)

Ch.6: Almer (Speak to with Kane), Layla (Speak to with Keiran), OR recruit both in one go with Val.

NOTE: Almer will join you at the end of the chapter anyway, but you'll probably want to get him for the shops.

Ch.7: None

Ch.8: None

Ch.9: Drake (Turn 1, with Ash) Gemma, Clare (Join automatically on turn 6)

Ch.10: Alicia (Joins as of turn 1, pre-deployed) Nala, (Talk to with Ash or let her talk to Ash) Hawke, (Recruited by talking to Skye with Ash) Skye (Talk to with Nala to recruit both him and Hawke) Edward (Appears turn 4 as an enemy. Talk to with Alicia)

NOTE: Nala needs to survive this stage, otherwise you miss out on getting them on the next chapter.

Ch.11: Nala, Skye, Hawke. (Rejoin automatically again on turn 3) Marco, Linda (Rejoin automatically on turn 8)

NOTE: That village in the top left? You'll want to visit that.

Ch.12: Keiran, Katarina. (Rejoin automatically on turn 3) Jace, (Talk to with Alicia or Vincent) Vincent (Talk to with Katarina or Jace)

Ch.13: Layla, Almer. (Rejoin on turn 1, automatically deployed) Nella (Rejoins on turn 5)

Ch.14: None

Ch.15: Val, Andrei, Kane, Isaac. (Rejoin team at the beginning of the chapter, in preparations menu) Ordanze (Appears turn 5, talk to with Val or Ash. Will join at the end regardless of recruiting.)

Ch.16: Laraya, Josie (Controllable from turn 1, Automatically deployed)

Ch.17: Emilia (Must survive the stage, not recruitable in stage.)

NOTE: To stop her from rushing off and getting killed, you can talk to her with Val or Andrei)

Ch.18: Alyssa (Visit bottom left village with a character that is not a lord or Andrei. Must have visited the top-left village in Ch.11)

Ch.19: None

Ch.19x: Kenrick (Joins at the end of the chapter)

NOTE: To get this chapter, Emilia must be alive at the end of chapter 19

Ch.20: Rayden, Pamela, Meredith (Controllable from turn 1. Automatically deployed)

Ch.21: Thelma (Appears on turn 6, talk to with Val or Edward)

Ch.22: None

Ch.23: None

Ch.24: None

[spoiler=Secrets/Missable Stuff]

Conversations:

Chapter 4 - If Keiran visits the closest village, a different scene occurs.

Chapter 8 - If Katarina talks to Val, she'll give her a Secret Salve. (Elixir)

Chapter 10 - Although Ash can't recruit Edward, he can talk to him. (You'll get a free Soulsuck tome [Nosferatu])

Chapter 15 - If Edward is fielded at the end of this chapter, a little bit of extra dialogue is given.

Chapter 17 - Mentioned above, but I'll put it here anyway. Not really "secret", but Emilia can be changed from her roaming AI by talking to her with Val or Andrei.

Chapter 19 - Alyssa can talk to Bran. (Just don't leave her in his face afterwards, because it isn't going to stop him from killing her.)

Chapter 21 - Extra conversations will be added to the ending of this chapter by attacking the boss with Meredith or Katarina.

NOTE: These are separate conversations so you can get none, one of the two, or both if they both attack her. Getting Katarina's conversation will net you both a Light Magic spell and a Fortify staff, which are good if you're using her.

Chapter 22 - Deploy Alyssa on this map to get two new rings.

Chapter 23 - Extra conversations will be added to the ending of this chapter if Linda or Thelma are deployed at the end of this chapter. (Again, separate conversations)

Shops:

There are two secret shops in this game.

The Member Card can be obtained in chapter 17 (For The People) from the bottom left-most chest.

First Shop (Chapter 18 - The Return I)

Behind the burned down house in the top right.

Contains: (Using original names here)

• Reaver Weapons (All types)
  • Short Spear
  • Longbow
  • Flux (These three spells are important if Ash is running low on tomes. Can't buy them anywhere else although you should have a reasonable supply throughout the game.)
  • Nosferatu
  • Luna
  • Physic
  • Chest/Door Keys (Important if Edward is dead or not recruited, less so after recent patches)

Second Shop (Chapter 19x - Restoration)

Again, top right corner. Be careful not to attract enemies, as the stage ends when all units are routed.

Contains:

• Silver Weapons (All types)
  • Killer Weapons (All types)
  • Physic
  • Chest/Door Keys
  • Lockpick
  • Barrier (Important on hard mode)

Misc:

After beating the game, there is an extra chapter available if you start a new game on Hector (Alicia) mode. There's not actually a map to fight on or anything, so don't get your hopes up.

To all who do give this a go, I hope you enjoy it.

EDIT: Version 1.3 is up. More adjustments and stuff have been made. (See the readme file)

Thanks to all those who have given it a go so far and for the compliments.

Download

To all those who want to see growth rates, general stats etc. Google Doc contained in the file here. (Please tell me if there's a problem in trying to view this. Not sure if this will work.)

As pointed out by X-Naut, if you can't reach the far-right entries on this page, zooming out on the page seems to work.

Growths

Adding a second part here with all the characters after and including Jace. If there is someone you can't see through either of these, let me know, and I'll add them to second one. (First link is unchanged, so if it worked, it should still work fine.)

Growths2

For those who just want to see available supports, They're here. (Saves the trouble of zooming and stuff)

Supports

just completed the game

awesome

This is obviously how I intended for the game to be played, there's no problem here.

On a more serious note though, how far into the game are you at this point?

chapter 24 complete

Actually, now that I'm looking at it - false alarm, because that's what mine says if I go into properties, so that's not the problem, I guess.

And my rom definitely isn't broken like that, last I checked.

EDIT: Wow, wait, I said it was, before. That's a big mistake. My rom isn't broken, I meant.

For the record, my v1.3 rom is 17.7MB (or 18,092kb), so around half a meg smaller, and that's not broken either. How the heck does that happen? Different patching programs?

...I hate the fact that I only have about 30min a day I can play on this, hence how I've only just got to Ch. 19x. And I've just seen Val's horse.

One thing (among many) I've liked all the way through this has been the battle sprite palettes. The Tiomare Knights in particular. And then I get Val to promote, and... no beating around the bush; I can't help but snigger every time she goes into battle. Did they dip the horse in carpet dye or something?

Other than that, kudos on the ending to Ch. 19. Let's just say a certain portrait gave me the shivers every time I looked at it...

For the record, my v1.3 rom is 17.7MB (or 18,092kb), so around half a meg smaller, and that's not broken either. How the heck does that happen? Different patching programs?

...I hate the fact that I only have about 30min a day I can play on this, hence how I've only just got to Ch. 19x. And I've just seen Val's horse.

One thing (among many) I've liked all the way through this has been the battle sprite palettes. The Tiomare Knights in particular. And then I get Val to promote, and... no beating around the bush; I can't help but snigger every time she goes into battle. Did they dip the horse in carpet dye or something?

Other than that, kudos on the ending to Ch. 19. Let's just say a certain portrait gave me the shivers every time I looked at it...

Don't make fun of my horse.

But because of the palette on Eirika's promoted class, without doing some major recolouring stuff, I had to go all-in with the red, lol.

Also, it kind of makes me think of the Red Hare from the Dynasty Warriors series. (I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about with this...)

But clearly, the best explanation is that someone went on a killing spree on the horse and got it covered in blood. :/

Anyway, I'm glad that you're keeping at it.

Final point:

But is it scarier than your(?) cat though?

How have people faired with using Drake? I'm at chapter 12 and can't decide if I want to continue putting the effort into raising him.

Edited by arkel

My opinion on him is that he's alright. Not a great unit by any real means, but despite having relatively low defence for his class to start with, he can perform as a physical tank quite well throughout the game.

He's got good early-game viability, but then outside of that (at least on normal mode) he doesn't provide anything another unit might not be able to, probably.

EDIT: He's pretty good for helping other units level as well, because he does good damage but doesn't double.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

I dropped him fairly quick (around chapter 14), because of the standard armour knight issue of footspeed. I got fed up with him trailing the pack and barely getting any combat... I'm more a plan of rapid deployment anyway, so I favour fliers and paladins. Still, from what I did see of him, he seemed pretty good on the accuracy + double hit front (yes, he was good at doubling for me). For a knight at least.

Edited by Wayward Winds

I usually bench drake each time because he gets turns out rng screwed to be usuable. He a good early game clutch but thats about it.

Hey Sacred Blaze, if you have the time and want to do this, I think a lot of us would enjoying hearing your opinion on all of the playable units. Kinda like the "Overview" section of a unit's page on the FE wiki if you've seen those.

I usually bench drake each time because he gets turns out rng screwed to be usuable. He a good early game clutch but thats about it.

Yep, pretty much this, at least on a few of my runs of the game. Although there was that one time that he had maxed out strength and defence and had 13 speed as a level 20 knight. O_o

His overall use basically fades away as soon as his story presence does, funnily enough.

Hey Sacred Blaze, if you have the time and want to do this, I think a lot of us would enjoying hearing your opinion on all of the playable units. Kinda like the "Overview" section of a unit's page on the FE wiki if you've seen those.

Yeah, I can do that if people do want it. It will take some time though, of course.

EDIT: I've added a character overview section to the main post now. It covers the characters in the first part of the game (Valentine up to and including Layla). More to come at a later date.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Hey! I was wondering when and if there is a transporter or some person to hold the supplies? If there is, what chapter does he/she join in?

EDIT: Just started chapter 6 xD

EDIT 2: Speaking of chapter 6, do the civilians locked in that cell do anything after you rescue them? (Other than making more reinforcements...)

Edited by Willie

Thanks so much for the overview section! It's very insightful. For some reason I thought Layla would turn out better than Alicia just by looking at the growths chart.