Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

Actually, I think this is still an issue in the most recent patch. Even if you have to skip over the scene, there is a way to actually still view the opening scene again without crashes.

You just have to:

• Skip to prep screen.
  • Give Andrei a weapon.
  • Save your data
  • Restart the chapter and things should go through as normal.

But yeah, that's my bad anyway. I should have told people about that beforehand.

I'll add a section to the main post on this.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love how this game is so well balanced.

but the units with more playtime/ more offensively oriented growths are still better imo.

i have a love-hate relationship with large maps, but you've done a good job here man.

• 2 weeks later...

Mini-update:

I'm currently working on updating some of the portraits for the characters in the hack.

As a result, a new patch will probably show up sometime in the future, although I can't really say when at this point. Might make some other small changes too, but I don't have any ideas at the moment.

If you're interested, you can monitor the progress (sort of) over in this topic in the Sprites subforum.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57726

/End of shameless self-promotion.

A plea to Sacred Blaze:
I was intrigued by the mentions, in the forum, of the difficulty of the first chapters,

so I had played and had made the maps of the chapters.

The story and game-play had captivated me and I've continued...

Alas, at Ch. 22 I've had more than enough of slaughters and, like always,

like many FE and TRS, I left it unfinished.
Can the maps be of some use, can I make them available for somebody?

A plea to Sacred Blaze:

I was intrigued by the mentions, in the forum, of the difficulty of the first chapters,

so I had played and had made the maps of the chapters.

The story and game-play had captivated me and I've continued...

Alas, at Ch. 22 I've had more than enough of slaughters and, like always,

like many FE and TRS, I left it unfinished.

Can the maps be of some use, can I make them available for somebody?

Are you just asking if I can give you the maps?

The designs, basically?

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Mini-update:

I'm currently working on updating some of the portraits for the characters in the hack.

As a result, a new patch will probably show up sometime in the future, although I can't really say when at this point. Might make some other small changes too, but I don't have any ideas at the moment.

If you're interested, you can monitor the progress (sort of) over in this topic in the Sprites subforum.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57726

/End of shameless self-promotion.

Happy to see this happening - this is a great project and deserves the best possible work. Since you're revisiting mugs, have you considered making a few new ones so that the maps where the original boss warps away can still have a boss?

Are you just asking if I can give you the maps?

The designs, basically?

I don't have asked for the hackers stuff, I have no clue about hacking...

I apologize, I was kinda anguished that the chapter maps (png images, screen-captured),

that I've gathered, were a waste of time, useless.

E.g. - Chapter 16

xCDdHhj.png

I use the occasion, to thank You for this hack, for his story and his dialogues.

Edited by WolfTwin

Happy to see this happening - this is a great project and deserves the best possible work. Since you're revisiting mugs, have you considered making a few new ones so that the maps where the original boss warps away can still have a boss?

That's something to consider, actually. If not that anyway, I may just have a particularly strong enemy, instead of the weak generics that are left.

I don't have asked for the hackers stuff, I have no clue about hacking...

I apologize, I was kinda anguished that the chapter maps (png images, screen-captured),

that I've gathered, were a waste of time, useless.

E.g. - Chapter 16

xCDdHhj.png

I use the occasion, to thank You for this hack, for his story and his dialogues.

Oh, now I see what you mean. I did have a gallery of my maps with enemies anyway, but yours is actually much more detailed, with the reinforcements and drops listed.

If you want to make these available, then yeah, go ahead. I could put these up on the top post as a sort of mini-guide, if you want.

If you're doing another largish patch, would you be up for doing additional character balancing as well?

Poor Edward is just so bad. He had the S Rank sword in the final chapter. He had to 5SK the Paladins there. And he wasn't strength screwed. Could he like, at least get the ability to open locks/doors without lockpicks upon promotion? Maybe some bonus critical rates?

5-hits to kill the Paladins? Are we talking about the hard mode variants of them, because they only have like 45HP on normal mode IIRC.

Anyway, I guess I can do some character rebalancing stuff, although I obviously don't want to change up too much.

For me anyway, I've never really had any major problems using Edward, myself. I could buff his starting strength, I guess.

The no lockpick thing is just an FE8 thing, and I don't think there's anyway to bring that functionality over to FE7.

R4o3GIA.pngl6ycKPJ.pngwfwHYme.pngRj6a88m.png

I don't believe any of these versions of him got energy rings, so maybe I'm just lucky with RNG?

Either way, he definitely does run out of use offensively in the late game, I'll admit. But then I didn't really intend for him to be great on that front.

If you want a good offensive Edward, he'll probably need a good supporter, like Gemma or Thelma for a lot of crit bonus, or some stat boosters.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Nope, it was Normal Mode. Had 14 or 15 Strength and Gemma S Support. I mean after 4 hits the Paladin had 1 HP but still. Kinda frustrating. Particularly since his crit rate was so high and he just refused to crit.

I'm not expecting him to be great on the front lines either just... not feeling like deadweight because you decided to go after one of his supports that playthrough. idk maybe aim to make it on average that he should be juuuust capping strength at level 20/20? Right now at level 20/20 he should be at either 18 or 19 strength. Maybe like 1 more starting strength and an additional point of strength during promotion?

Honestly besides Linda (who's already gotten a crit boost so I don't think there is much you can do with her and she's at least salvageable to me), none of the other characters have really stood out as bad to me. Drake can be underwhelming but he's always going to be useful for a little while. Layla has a fairly clear roll as back up Mage incase Alicia or Ash are turning out terrible and even beyond that she's certainly usable because magic is always helpful.

Also I just noticed a mistake in the growth rate charts: Vincent's Res numbers are identical to his Def numbers once he promotes on the chart, but his Res growth is 10% less. Whoops!

Yeah, maybe I'll give him a base strength buff then. Looking at it, it's a bit weird that he only just barely edges over Nala in terms of strength on average. (and that's only in his last few levels)

And I'm not seeing what you're saying about the mistake?

There is another one that I've noticed, but I'm reading his DEF as 11.5 and his RES at 10.5 when he's level 20/1. What do you mean, exactly?

My bad, saw the def and luck numbers as def and res numbers. Edward changes sounds good, makes for a good comparison to Nala.

Somewhat looking forwards to the profile image changes. Some of them certainly needed work like Katarina, but I'm going to miss Andrei's mug. Liked that one for w/e reason.

Prologue - Chapter 22 maps (compiled screen-captures)

Credits: Intelligent Systems, Nintendo, Serenes Forest and Sacred Blaze.

‐–—–‐
I should had cleaned this post ages ago, after "Sacred Blaze" had posted the maps on Imgur.
Many thanks to "Serenes Forest" for allowing an Edit after 5 years and for the indulgence.

Edited by WolfTwin
Deletion of the maps' archive

This hack is, in one word, amazing.

The writing is out if this world good. I honestly think it is superior to even the most polished and well-known hacks out there, like The Last Promise or Corrupt Theocracy. In addition, the map design is all incredibly unique, and the objectives vary enough to keep it interesting. And even though the sprites aren't on the original game's level; that is a very high bar to reach in the first place. I personally love all the custom portraits, and am very impressed they were accomplished by a single person.

Basically, I'm just blown away and incredibly grateful that you chose to share this with us. Thank you so much!

Prologue - Chapter 22 maps (compiled screen-captures)

Credits: Intelligent Systems, Nintendo, Serenes Forest and Sacred Blaze.

Great.

I'll make sure to add these to the main post.

This hack is, in one word, amazing.

The writing is out if this world good. I honestly think it is superior to even the most polished and well-known hacks out there, like The Last Promise or Corrupt Theocracy. In addition, the map design is all incredibly unique, and the objectives vary enough to keep it interesting. And even though the sprites aren't on the original game's level; that is a very high bar to reach in the first place. I personally love all the custom portraits, and am very impressed they were accomplished by a single person.

Basically, I'm just blown away and incredibly grateful that you chose to share this with us. Thank you so much!

Ah, well thank you for saying this. I appreciate it.

The writing is out if this world good. I honestly think it is superior to even the most polished and well-known hacks out there, like The Last Promise or Corrupt Theocracy.

like The Last Promise or Corrupt Theocracy.

Corrupt Theocracy.

Corrupt Theocracy

What.

On topic, I haven't played this hack yet, but it's on my list. Judging by the responses so far, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Hey Sacred Blaze, what are the turn rankings for Requiem? You said in the original post that you had them figured out but I can't find them anywhere. I have a decent LTC Run on MarkyJoe1990's forum, maybe you'd wanna check it out: http://markyjoe1990.elementfx.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=659

I do make some pretty critical complaints about your map design and unit balance though, but don't take any of that the wrong way. It was a fun hack to LTC. I enjoyed playing through it. If I remember correctly, I beat the game in 269 turns. That's probably pretty good considering the... largeness... of several of your maps.

EDIT: Here are my turn counts

Prologue - 20 turns

Chapter 1 - 13 turns

Chapter 2 - 2 turns

Chapter 3 - 6 turns

Chapter 4 - 2 turns

Chapter 5 - 8 turns

Chapter 6 - 15 turns

Chapter 7 - 9 turns

Chapter 8 - 8 turns

Chapter 9 - 13 turns

Chapter 10 - 18 turns

Chapter 11 - 10 turns

Chapter 12 - 9 turns

Chapter 13 - 12 turns

Chapter 14 - 8 turns

Chapter 15 - 13 turns

Chapter 16 - 10 turns

Chapter 17 - 10 turns

Chapter 18 - 5 turns

Chapter 19 - 17 turns

Chapter 19x - 8 turns

Chapter 20 - 8 turns

Chapter 21 - 7 turns

Chapter 22 - 15 turns

Chapter 23 - 16 turns

Final Chapter - 7 turns

TOTAL = 269 TURNS

Edited by Pwntagonist

Hey Sacred Blaze, what are the turn rankings for Requiem? You said in the original post that you had them figured out but I can't find them anywhere. I have a decent LTC Run on MarkyJoe1990's forum, maybe you'd wanna check it out: http://markyjoe1990.elementfx.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=659

I do make some pretty critical complaints about your map design and unit balance though, but don't take any of that the wrong way. It was a fun hack to LTC. I enjoyed playing through it. If I remember correctly, I beat the game in 269 turns. That's probably pretty good considering the... largeness... of several of your maps.

EDIT: Here are my turn counts

Prologue - 20 turns

Chapter 1 - 13 turns

Chapter 2 - 2 turns

Chapter 3 - 6 turns

Chapter 4 - 2 turns

Chapter 5 - 8 turns

Chapter 6 - 15 turns

Chapter 7 - 9 turns

Chapter 8 - 8 turns

Chapter 9 - 13 turns

Chapter 10 - 18 turns

Chapter 11 - 10 turns

Chapter 12 - 9 turns

Chapter 13 - 12 turns

Chapter 14 - 8 turns

Chapter 15 - 13 turns

Chapter 16 - 10 turns

Chapter 17 - 10 turns

Chapter 18 - 5 turns

Chapter 19 - 17 turns

Chapter 19x - 8 turns

Chapter 20 - 8 turns

Chapter 21 - 7 turns

Chapter 22 - 15 turns

Chapter 23 - 16 turns

Final Chapter - 7 turns

TOTAL = 269 TURNS

Yeah, I've seen your LP. You've beaten a good amount of the five star rankings by quite a bit actually. Like I said, I don't really do LTC stuff, so some of these will just be me doing the stages as quickly as possible without going straight for the bosses.

And yeah, I know not to take criticism too hard. Before people even said it, I knew that some things would probably be called out as issues.

I'll probably leave the map and unit balance how it is for now though, just because editing it at this stage would be a lot of work at this point. Glad you had some fun though.

I'll definitely take the stuff you and others have said into consideration if I ever do something like this again though.

As for what the rankings are, I just meant that I have written them into nightmare.

Prologue: 13 turns

Chapter 1: 16 turns

Chapter 2: 12 turns (Lol)

Chapter 3: 8 turns

Chapter 4: 14 turns (Once again, I took the long way.)

Chapter 5: 14 turns

Chapter 6: 28 turns

Chapter 7: 9 turns

Chapter 8: 12 turns

Chapter 9: 15 turns

Chapter 10: 16 turns

Chapter 11: 16 turns

Chapter 12: 8 turns

Chapter 13: 12 turns

Chapter 14: 8 turns

Chapter 15: 13 turns

Chapter 16: 13 turns

Chapter 17: 13 turns

Chapter 18: 25 turns (God damn.)

Chapter 19: 16 turns

Chapter 19x: 13 turns

Chapter 20: 10 turns

Chapter 21: 13 turns

Chapter 22: 20 turns

Chapter 23: 19 turns

Final: 8 turns

TOTAL: 364 for me

So... yeah, those defeat boss ones clearly put us miles apart. Chapter 6 too.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Oh. I didn't realize you had already seen it.

Anyway... I'm glad you're willing to accept some faults like balance and level design. The thing is, your hack is super fun to just blitz through. It's pretty boring otherwise (I'll be honest... I'm not sure how people stand those ridiculously huge maps), but I sure enjoyed it. Regardless, I have a bunch of problems with my LTC run. Most of it coming from the fact that it was a blind playthrough.

I promoted Keiran way too late. If I had found an Elysian Whip earlier I would have been much better off for a majority of the playthrough. I'm not sure if there is one before Ash's route starts but that would have been really nice to have.

I feel I could have improved several of my turn counts. Namely, Chapter 5, Chapter 10, Chapter 12, Chapter 16 (spent way too much time trying to kill Danielle lol), Chapter 17 (none of the chests had anything worthwhile so I could have just killed the boss sooner), and Chapter 19. I have no friggin' clue how you did Chapter 19 in less turns than me, but Jesus Christ. If that 16 turncount is true for Ch. 19, that is impressive.

On the other hand, I feel that quite a few chapters are at maximum efficiency. Just look at Chapter 2, 4, 6, 11 (I'm most fond of Chapter 11, it was probably my best performance of the LP), 18, and 21.

I also was running really low on weapons by the last 5 or so chapters of the game. If I had known that there wouldn't be another shop I would have prepared in advance. Oh well.

Yeah, I try to see what people think of my hack in other areas, so I've seen a few reddit posts and stuff here and there.

There aren't any promotion items before Ash's mode. I think the earliest Elysian Whip is chapter 13.

Chapter 5 can probably be done faster if you just forget about Nella, I guess. She'll come back in Ash's mode at a promotable level that way with some good non-RNG dependent stats.

I'm gonna put chapter 19 in 16 turns down to good RNG, most likely, but I don't really remember at this point.

And I did take on yours (and someone else's, I think) advice about adding another shop into the game. On the current patch there's now one on chapter 21, with some pretty good stuff in there.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Is there a changelog for this somewhere? I didn't immediately see one but if you aren't keeping one/posting it you totally should as I'm probably not alone in being really into reading those for some reason.

I'm about to try this, and it looks fantastic! I'm just waiting for you to remove that little "might want to hold off a bit" edit under the download link.

Some people don't get so excited about romhacks, but to me any complete romhack is just as hype as a brand-new game in the series popping out of nowhere. Passion matters more than what's canon, I think. Sure sometimes romhacks might have worst game design (although not usually because anyone with the patience to finish one must be a long-time fan) but its not like everyone likes every official release anyways. The difference is that we have to spend money on those! But hey, it looks like you put a lot of work and love into this, and I like to think that sort of thing always shines through in the result.

So yeah, rant notwithstanding, I'm excited.