Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

I have a question: after the game asks you to save, and the "epilogue" starts, are there any more cutscenes there? because i got a huge bug at that part: no portraits, nor text was displayed. Instead, an awkward "slideshow" of the CGI backgrounds of the scenes of the original FE7 (Athos' death, nils and ninian in front of the dragon's gate, Pherae castle, the plains and eliwood's face) played, with the textbox flashing once per background, as if it wanted to display text, but then dissapeared because there was no text to display. It kicked me to the credits and the endings (which thank god were fine) afterwards. The same things happened after the endings, showing me all the backgrounds that should have been there (such as Roy, Lilina, Eliwood and Hector, or Zephiel and Jahn).

Since i didn't see Layla's older version in chapter 24's ending, i think i might have missed some things because of that bug. Anyone mind telling me?

Edited by Rubenio

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question: after the game asks you to save, and the "epilogue" starts, are there any more cutscenes there? because i got a huge bug at that part: no portraits, nor text was displayed. Instead, an awkward "slideshow" of the CGI backgrounds of the scenes of the original FE7 (Athos' death, nils and ninian in front of the dragon's gate, Pherae castle, the plains and eliwood's face) played, with the textbox flashing once per background, as if it wanted to display text, but then dissapeared because there was no text to display. It kicked me to the credits and the endings (which thank god were fine) afterwards. The same things happened after the endings, showing me all the backgrounds that should have been there (such as Roy, Lilina, Eliwood and Hector, or Zephiel and Jahn).

Since i didn't see Layla's older version in chapter 24's ending, i think i might have missed some things because of that bug. Anyone mind telling me?

I think Sacred Blaze just didn't know how to remove all that stuff from vanilla FE7. If you start a new game on Hector (Alicia) hard mode, you'll be able to see the scene with older Layla. So I don't think you're experiencing a bug.

I think Sacred Blaze just didn't know how to remove all that stuff from vanilla FE7. If you start a new game on Hector (Alicia) hard mode, you'll be able to see the scene with older Layla. So I don't think you're experiencing a bug.

That's good to know, thank you. I'll watch that scene as soon as i can.

I wasn't in attack range when he moved. I just landed on his side of the river, but outside of his range.

Outside of the range that he could move in two turns, too?

If so, that's strange.

Yeah, what arkel said. Not a bug, just ending stuff from fe7 that's been left in.

He could move that far in 2 turns I think. But not in 1 no. She was just on the edge of his side to try and draw out one of his buddies so my guy at the bridge wouldn't get hit by a ranged attack as well. And then the boss just kinda charged, and then ended the phase by speaking.

So, I'm on my second play through. I just completed chapter 18 where I recruited Josie and Laraya. Suddenly, they're not on the preparations menu to be deployed in chapter 19. Did I just miss something or is this a bug?

That sounds like a bug, unless i'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

So you had them back for the chapter where you fight Hale and then they're not there for the Bran chapter?

When those two get disabled from the prep screen before (on chapter 17) its because I make them invisible for the chapter, but here, I don't do anything like that so if it's not a bug, I don't get why that would be happening.

I'll have to check it out myself.

That sounds like a bug, unless i'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

So you had them back for the chapter where you fight Hale and then they're not there for the Bran chapter?

When those two get disabled from the prep screen before (on chapter 17) its because I make them invisible for the chapter, but here, I don't do anything like that so if it's not a bug, I don't get why that would be happening.

I'll have to check it out myself.

Maybe I got my chapter numbers wrong. I played the fog of war map (where Danielle is the boss) and then in the next chapter (where you can talk to NPC Emelia) I can't deploy Josie or Laraya. But from your reply it sounds like that's supposed to happen (since it's my second play through I'm skipping the dialogue, so I'm assuming there's a story-related reason for them not being there). So sounds like my own stupidity and not a bug. Sorry about that.

Finished this today at 3 am.. The ending was bitter sweet.. Is a sequel in the works? Kudos to you Sacred Blaze for making such a solid hack!

Thanks for making it all the way through.

No sequel in the works for now, if ever. Although I've had my ideas.

Mini-update:

I just uploaded a new patch with some minor changes. It's not worth re-downloading for if you're currently in the middle of a playthrough, I'd say, unless you're playing on Hard Mode.

• Pulled some of the levels up in the first half of Ash's mode. As I said, this is more of a hard mode change, to allow your units to still gain a decent amount of experience for kills. Enemies stats may see some small gains due to autolevelling, but nothing too major.
  • I realised that when I fixed the bug with Chapter 19x not loading earlier, I accidentally inserted a larger version of the map. I've reverted it back to the smaller version of the map now.
  • There were also some slight issues (imo) on some of the portraits talking and blinking frames, which I've now sorted out.

EDIT: I also just finished a run and found some small errors in places. Uploaded yet another patch to fix these things. Once again, don't worry about these small updates.

• Alyssa's death quote actually uses an older portrait of hers, oops. Somehow, I hadn't seen her death quote this whole time to notice.
  • In chapter 22, a Hero in the top-right dropped a speedwing. He doesn't anymore. It was supposed to be a stealable item.
  • Ironed out a few textbox oddities here and there.
  • Katarina's Bishop palette is now not terrible. :/

Also, Kane's winning the poll?

And not long after I say that, Kane is not winning the poll anymore, lol.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Thanks for making it all the way through.

No sequel in the works for now, if ever. Although I've had my ideas.

That's too bad I kinda got into the lore of the game.. You really did make a nice story and the ending with Alicia gives off an open ended vibe

This is so incredibly minor, but if you feel like adding it to the secrets / missable stuff section, I just discovered that Katarina and Val have a conversation in 19x. Also, is there a reason why Alicia promotes to a Sage in this patch?

Edited by arkel

It's just because some people pointed out that...

Alicia's not technically a lord, even though in terms of the game, she is.

Just avoids confusion and stuff.

Anyway, there are actually quite a lot of conversations scattered throughout the chapters. I'll probably add them to that section sometime in the future.

Silly thing I've only just noticed this playthrough.

The chapter where you fight Kane. You have the option to avoid defeating him by having Val talk to him. But not only do you miss out on the boss EXP, you also miss out on the Dracoshield he's holding onto.

Considering it arguably more difficult to get Val to a point where she can talk to him without him dying along the way, any thoughts about perhaps getting a different stat booster for not defeating him in the convo that starts in the next map when he's giving you the gold? Something like the strength boosting one maybe? Make it less of a losing out completely option and more of a "which item do you want more" option?

The problem with trying for an alternative stat booster is the first time player is going to have no idea it exists unless they, like me, take a peek at the chapter objectives and see that talking is an option, and take it. And even then, not everyone is going to realise the difference until it gets pointed out to them. It's a difference sure, but it's not necessarily an advantage; you're just reshuffling bonus stat increase from one to another ("do you want more defense or more e.g. strength?"), and you're still giving up on the boss exp.

Perhaps alternatively you could give Kane a slightly different starting weapon set for talking to him? An early killer weapon might make for a reasonable compromise for the loss of exp. and the comparatively awkward task of triggering the talk. I'm not saying you give up on the stat booster; just have him join with the dracoshield (or whatever) in his inventory.

(I was going to suggest that Kane delay his recruitment for a chapter because Val kicked him around too much, but the boss exp. and stat booster aren't worth that handicap.)

Keep the Dracoshield if you talk to him as well as the Strength Ring could be an interesting compromise.

Instead of "1 stat boost + boss EXP" vs "different stat boost" its "2 stat boosts" vs "1 stat boost and boss EXP" right before a part of the game where that extra level could be pretty useful considering the boss you're facing next.

I do know he doesn't have all up the sprites updated yet, though he has a lot of them there. And he's going through some of the maps and updating them (2 so far going through more significant changes). Occasional bug fix/character tweak/situation tweak.

Been 100% playable with full amount of maps/supports and the like since release. If you're looking for a "final final" version I'd guess maybe wait until the last of the portrait updates are added?

I do know he doesn't have all up the sprites updated yet, though he has a lot of them there. And he's going through some of the maps and updating them (2 so far going through more significant changes). Occasional bug fix/character tweak/situation tweak.

Been 100% playable with full amount of maps/supports and the like since release. If you're looking for a "final final" version I'd guess maybe wait until the last of the portrait updates are added?

that sounds good to me, so like around a 1.6 or so?