Chance of Official Localization?

I am not normally one to speculate, but I thought it would be fun to bring up the thought at least.

Mother 1, previously untranslated, is now coming to the Virtual Console in North America, fully localized. People assume Mother 3 may be coming as well due to this and Lucas being DLC in Smash Brothers.

So, do you think there is a chance that Roy in Smash Brothers may hint to an FE6 localization for the VC?

Personally, I think it still remains a slim to none chance, but may be fun to hope for anyway.

EDIT: Please ignore. It was brought to my attention that Mother 1 was translated, just never released before. Thank you for pointing it out! : )

Edited by Kirokan

Mother 1, previously untranslated, is now coming to the Virtual Console in North America, fully localized.

That is not true. Mother 1 was localised back in the NES days, it just wasn't released. Binding Blade would actually need to be localised.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'm not expecting a proper localization any time soon, considering Mother 1 was already translated by Nintendo, but never officially released. Have there been any other Japan-only VC games that got a late English localization? Otherwise I'm almost positive they dug this out of their old library and decided "why not".

You know, I've always thought the Virtual Console was a good opportunity to localize and release previously unreleased games, so I want to believe there's a chance. Still, Mother 1 did indeed already have a finished localization, so I can't realistically hope for old FE games any time soon. If Mother 1 does exceptionally well? Then maybe...

I'm going to have to share the pessimism of most of us here: FE6 never had an official localization like Mother 1 had, and as far as I know Nintendo has never bothered to do any sort of localization even on the games that were previously Japan-exclusive like Sin and Punishment or Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I'm not expecting a proper localization any time soon, considering Mother 1 was already translated by Nintendo, but never officially released. Have there been any other Japan-only VC games that got a late English localization? Otherwise I'm almost positive they dug this out of their old library and decided "why not".

Ah, is that right? Please ignore me then. : ) I was told it was never done so, guess I'll be sure to cross check it next time. xD

Indeed, that sounds like the likely case. It was done, so why not?

Alright thanks for clearing that up people : )

Under normal circumstances I would speculate on the possibility of an "import" release with no or minimal translation (just like what was done for Sin and Punishment and Murasame Castle), but considering how text-heavy FE is I seriously doubt they would even bother.

IMO it's honestly just too much work for their localization department, who would frankly be better off working on new and upcoming games. I'm basically happy with the way things are with old FE games to be honest. I just hope FE14 does well so the series can keep on trucking.

Well before Mother 1 and presumably up to Mother 3 I would have said not a chance in hell but now I think there is a hell of a shot given that Roy was in a very similar situation as Lucas and is probably now more popular than he was in Melee just from his extended absence and "suprising" return.

If NoA would allow themselves to buy a fan translation group's patch and tweak it slightly, that's when I would say "possible" for a localization.

Just from their own localization team, I don't think it would happen. If it did happen that way, I would be honestly surprised.

Well before Mother 1 and presumably up to Mother 3 I would have said not a chance in hell but now I think there is a hell of a shot given that Roy was in a very similar situation as Lucas and is probably now more popular than he was in Melee just from his extended absence and "suprising" return.

Yeah but Mother 3 is regarded as one of the best RPGs of all time and fans have been rabid clamoring for years. FE6 is nowhere near that level of acclaim or popularity.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly just hope that they put all the Japan only FE games on the Eshop so I can finally get around to play Fire Emblem Gaiden. FE6 would be cool to see the localizaion, and, if they advertise it well enough, they could get it to be extemely popular.

I honestly just hope that they put all the Japan only FE games on the Eshop so I can finally get around to play Fire Emblem Gaiden. FE6 would be cool to see the localizaion, and, if they advertise it well enough, they could get it to be extemely popular.

I seriously doubt it'd happen any time soon, if at all, because of Nintendo's poor track record with localizing Japan exclusive games (and there's the part where the ones that DID get localized weren't text heavy), among other reasons. Not that I'd care even if it did happen...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

• 1 month later...

there's actually a boxed copy of the fan translation on ebay i saw it a few mins ago just type fire emblem binding blade and there you go.

Here's some screenshots for proof

$_14.JPG

$_14.JPG

$_14.JPG

Edited by Hirokaski

there's actually a boxed copy of the fan translation on ebay i saw it a few mins ago just type fire emblem binding blade and there you go.

Here's some screenshots for proof

$_14.JPG

$_14.JPG

$_14.JPG

yeah, resellers are pretty typical in the scene

I'll just close this thread to prevent possible confusion about a possible release.

If there are any new signs of a localisation (doubtful, but hey you never know), feel free to make a new topic : )