Another Tiled Map Change Problem

EldinnerPlate

Alright so I can't seem to get the tile changes to work while using Fire Shell. I have:

1. Made the map, and the map changes on separate layers.

2. Assigned the appropriate property names and values.

3. Inserted the map into D66290, and the map pointer and map change pointer to D66710 and D66720, respectively. I did that because I believe Arch wiped the event reference table.

4. Went into nightmare, and put D66290 into the 0x4E-0x4F slot and D66270 into the 0x4F-0x50 spot in the event reference table.

5. Went into the chapter data editor, fixed the tilesets, put 0x4F as the map and 0x50 as the map changes.

6. In the events, I wrote a MAC1 code(MAC1 0x02 0x00) that doesn't seem to work, as in it doesn't activate the tile change. So then I wrote a location event for a chest and the chest activates and I get the item, but the chest doesn't change to look opened.

So now I'm stuck because no matter what I try the tile changes won't seem to work and I can't help but feel I'm just missing some small detail. I have a relatively new version of Tiled compared to the one I would guess Nintenlord used, but I don't know if that would cause a problem(I would appreciate someone linking me to an older version so I can try it out).

Anyone have any ideas?

3. Inserted the map into D66290, and the map pointer and map change pointer to D66710 and D66720, respectively. I did that because I believe Arch wiped the event reference table.

What's in red is where I believe you went wrong. And you're way over-complicating this. All you need to do, is find free space and insert the map with numbers that are already provided for you on MarkJoe's (I believe that's his) tutorial.

The numbers are something like the one's in this picture:

post-11188-0-25190700-1434591001_thumb.png

You'll probably have to find Marky Joe's tutorial because it shows you the steps you must take to insert a map with tile changes. You put waaay too many steps. For me it's:

1. Find free space

2. Put that offset of free space in nightmare event table references for the MAP of the desired chapter and then +08000000 to that offset

3. Save in nightmare, and then COPY AND PASTE YOUR ROM (it's just a weird way of sealing your changes you've done among other programs. For example, you'll notice that you may make a change in nightmare, then make a change in FEditor, and then your changes in nightmare get reverted. That won't happen if you copy and paste. AND another reason why you do this first... if you apply changes of where you inserted your map, it'll change back to 00 00 00 00 in the Hex Editor which shows that it's no longer in the game, you must re-insert. Copy and Pasting the ROM itself helps I tell ya)

3. Put the offset of that free space into Tiled Map Inserter

4. Use the provided numbers for tile changes.

5. Insert.

6. DONE.

it'd probably be good to see your events, Eldin.

3. Save in nightmare, and then COPY AND PASTE YOUR ROM (it's just a weird way of sealing your changes you've done among other programs. For example, you'll notice that you may make a change in nightmare, then make a change in FEditor, and then your changes in nightmare get reverted. That won't happen if you copy and paste. AND another reason why you do this first... if you apply changes of where you inserted your map, it'll change back to 00 00 00 00 in the Hex Editor which shows that it's no longer in the game, you must re-insert. Copy and Pasting the ROM itself helps I tell ya)

Or you could just... close the program and reopen it so that you're not editing it with multiple programs at once, which is why your changes are reverting...

Or you could just... close the program and reopen it so that you're not editing it with multiple programs at once, which is why your changes are reverting...

But Agro... let's be real. It's easier to open a copied ROM than close a ROM in every single program. Plus I find my way is more secure hehehe.... maybe not but I was sure someone was gonna say something about this

What's in red is where I believe you went wrong. And you're way over-complicating this. All you need to do, is find free space and insert the map with numbers that are already provided for you on MarkJoe's (I believe that's his) tutorial.

The numbers are something like the one's in this picture:

attachicon.gif10.PNG

You'll probably have to find Marky Joe's tutorial because it shows you the steps you must take to insert a map with tile changes. You put waaay too many steps. For me it's:

1. Find free space

2. Put that offset of free space in nightmare event table references for the MAP of the desired chapter and then +08000000 to that offset

3. Put the offset of that free space into Tiled Map Inserter

4. Use the provided numbers for tile changes.

5. Insert.

6. DONE.

I tried with the regular pointers that markyJoe has in his tutorials but those didn't work either. And I never have more than one editor open when messing with my ROM so overwriting shouldn't be a problem.

I highlighted everything I thought would be important/relevant in red. Deleted units. Also, is the "EventPointerTable(0x50,TileChanges)" necessary when using tiled?

[spoiler=Events]

//Original template by markyjoe1990

//Modified by Nintenlord

//Modified further by Arch, you can/should probably delete these & most comments

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS

#include "EAstdlib.event"

#define ChapterID 0x01 //The value in the Chapter Data Editor

EventPointerTable(0x51,Events)

EventPointerTable(0x50,TileChanges)

/*WorldMapPointerTable(WorldMapID,WorldMapEvents) - Same to activate World Map Events */

ORG 0xD80900

Events:

POIN TurnEvents

POIN TalkEvents

POIN LocationEvents

POIN MiscEvents

POIN TrapData TrapData

POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad

POIN Good Good Good Good

POIN OpeningEvent EndingEvent

TurnEvents:

OpeningTurnEvent(OpeningEvent) //Delete if you have a prep. screen enabled!

TURN

TalkEvents:

CHAR

LocationEvents:

DOOR 0x10 ThirdDoorOpen [5,13] 0x10

Chest(Elixir,18,4)

LOCA

MiscEvents:

CauseGameOverIfLordDies

AFEV

TrapData:

BLST

ALIGN 4

ThirdDoorOpen:

MAC1 0x02 0x00

ENDA

OpeningEvent:

MUS1 0x0033

MUSI

FADI 0x10

BACG 0x1B

FADU 0x10

TEX1 0x0828

FADI 0x10

LOMA 0x2F [0,0]

MUS1 0x0003

BACG 0x15

FADU 0x10

LOU1 Recruits

ENUN

TEX1 0x0829

REMA

STAL 0x20

LOU1 DummyGood

ENUN

CURF 0x21

TEX1 0x082A

REMA

CURF 0x04

FADI 0x10

MUS1 0x003E

MUSI

BACG 0x34

FADU 0x10

TEX1 0x082B

REMA

TEX1 0x082C

REMA

MOVE 0x52 [0,1]

DISA 0x52

MOVE 0x59 [5,0]

DISA 0x59

ENUN

STAL 0x20

MOVE 0x53 [0,1]

DISA 0x53

MOVE 0x58 [5,0]

DISA 0x58

MOVE 0x67 [0,1]

DISA 0x67

MOVE 0x64 [6,0]

DISA 0x64

ENUN

STAL 0x20

MOVE 0x62 [7,0]

DISA 0x62

MOVE 0x60 [5,0]

DISA 0x60

MOVE 0x66 [0,1]

DISA 0x66

ENUN

CURF 0x22

FADI 0x10

BACG 0x34

FADU 0x10

TEX1 0x082D

REMA

CURF 0x04

FADI 0x10

BACG 0x34

FADU 0x10

TEX1 0x082E

REMA

CURF 0x25

CUSI 0x25 Ally

CURF 0x26

CUSI 0x26 Ally

CURF 0x27

CUSI 0x27 Ally

ENUN

FADI 0x05

LOMA 0x01 [0,0]

DISA 0x56

DISA 0x57

DISA 0x61

DISA 0x63

DISA 0x65

DISA 0x04

DISA 0x09

REPOS 0x08 [10,23]

DISA 0x21

DISA 0x22

DISA 0x25

DISA 0x26

DISA 0x27

FADU 0x05

CAM1 [11,19]

MOVE 0x08 [10,21]

ENUN

MAC1 0x03 0x00

LOU1 Good

ENUN

TEX1 0x082F

ENDA

EndingEvent:

MoveToChapter(0x02)

ENDA

/*WorldMapEvents:

ENDA*/

TileChanges:

TileMapEnd

/*EscapePoints:

EndEscapeList - Delete comment signs to enable thief escape points. */

MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset

//The map for this chapter is at offset: ????????

/*EscapePointTable(ChapterID,EscapePoints) - Leave this at the end*/