So I was thinking, with Lucas back in smash, and the announcement of the Mother 1 translation being released worldwide as Earthbound Beginnings, many are predicting Mother 3 to follow suit. And since Roy has been added back in as well, at the same time no less, could this mean that FE6, or even the whole japanese exclusive Fire Emblem library, will receive the same treatment?

Itoi's himself mentioned that Mother 1 was being translated and re-released as part of the 20th anniversary of Earthbound's release, and with it being the 25th anniversary of FE as a series, and the music concert on the way I could think of worse times to make such an announcement.

Of course I may be looking into this too much, and as someone who's accustomed to the fan translations (the use of memes aside) I'd rather see these games remade rather than translated and redistributed, FE6 in particular due to its sameness and lack of polish, but I'd be excited if this turned out to be true. Penny for you thoughts, anyone?

Edited by Roy Havenstone

That would take way too much effort for an audience that it may take a nose dive against. The most popular game is Awakening, which is such a drastic change in tone and gameplay from FE1-6 that it probably just isn't worth it.

I really don't see Nintendo going through the trouble to properly localize text-heavy decade old games any time soon.

And I am sure that this is well known but Mother 1 already had an English translation. So that case isn't comparable in the slightest.

Edited by BrightBow

I am sure that this is well known but Mother 1 already had an English translation. So that case isn't comparable in the slightest.

Well, you learn something new every day, and in some cases it's what you should have found out beforehand. My apologies.

There's probably a 0.1% chance of a Binding Blade localisation, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Long ago, there were rumours that Nintendo were in the middle of (or considering) localising Binding Blade, but skipped it in favour of the newbie-friendly Blazing Sword.

I don't know anyone who can confirm that theory though, nor how far the "localisation" of Binding Blade reached.

I'd say there's pretty much no chance in Hell that it'd be worth it - it sounds like too much time and resources to spend on games that probably won't even sell that well, if you ask me.

6 and maybe 12 (it was a victim of the same thing as Mother 1 and 3, a horribly timed release) are the only ones I could see happening. MAYBE 4, but that would probably be censored to high hell and all.

Overall, the only likely one would be 6, but that's a stretch. I'm all for a FE6 remake though!

FE4 would need to be remade because of yeah, so much censorship that might have to happen. FE5 too, probably. FEs 1 and 3 would be pointless since they've got remakes. Just localize FE12 if you want FE3 out there. FE2 and FE6 I can see being localized though. Well, FE2 could probably use a remake...

Edited by Anacybele

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people REALLY overplay the aspects of FE4 that would require censorship. Maybe tone down the dialogue so that stuff like Eldigan/Raquesis isn't as obvious, but the Arvis/Deidre stuff can stay without much change. It's not like the game is flat out telling you about the incest.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people REALLY overplay the aspects of FE4 that would require censorship. Maybe tone down the dialogue so that stuff like Eldigan/Raquesis isn't as obvious, but the Arvis/Deidre stuff can stay without much change. It's not like the game is flat out telling you about the incest.

No kidding, especially since Nintendo seems to be taking Fire Emblem as one of their not-so-kid-friendly series already. I doubt a Genealogy localization would contain any real censorship in these days.

FE1 and FE3 got remade back in 2008 and 2010 respectively as FE11 and FE12; FE11 sold poorly and FE12 never saw international release.

At this point, it doesn't feel likely that any of the pre-FE7 titles would get remade or be localized for international release.

Mother 1 was already done, and I'm assuming all they really had to do was like change Gigue into Giygas and other small tweaks.

I don't think FE4 would have to be toned out that much. I think they'd probably tone down the whole incest part, like have it be sort of implied but not like explicitly there, but they wouldn't have to go around changing whole aspects of the plot.

If any of the old games get localized I see FE1-3 and 6. 1-3 they could relate to Awakening and in 3 specifically they could be like "It's the sequel to Shadow Dragon!". 6 cause Roy. 4 and 5 if the others are successful.

I think we should wait for a Mother 3 announcement first though, since Mother 3 would be the first text heavy game they localize, and if they do that, maybe FE games have a shot.

If any of the old games get localized I see FE1-3 and 6. 1-3 they could relate to Awakening and in 3 specifically they could be like "It's the sequel to Shadow Dragon!". 6 cause Roy. 4 and 5 if the others are successful.

Uhhh, no. Shadow Dragon did poorly. Knowing that, what makes you think localizing FE1 would be even a remotely smart move??? And FE3 was remade already.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Uhhh, no. Shadow Dragon did poorly. Knowing that, what makes you think localizing FE1 would be even a remotely smart move??? And FE3 was remade already.

People would buy it cause it's the first in the series also Marth is in it. It wouldn't sell amazingly but I'm sure there'd be a profit.

People would buy it cause it's the first in the series also Marth is in it. It wouldn't sell amazingly but I'm sure there'd be a profit.

Yeah, never mind the fact that its so-called "remake" bombed in the West... Also, I seriously doubt that most people who weren't FE fans already would bite - no way in Hell would it be worth it.

Huh, I made a similar post in another topic right before finding this one... lol.

Just gonna restate that an FE6 localization is very possible since something similar happened with Pit and Kid Icarus Uprising. No comment on the games that came before FE6, though.

Yeah, never mind the fact that its so-called "remake" bombed in the West... Also, I seriously doubt that most people who weren't FE fans already would bite - no way in Hell would it be worth it.

Fans can be crazy dedicated, look at how many people are gonna buy the grindfest that is Mother 1 just so they can experience a slightly different but more outdated game than Earthbound. Now that Fire Emblem is popular, Nintendo could go that same route if they felt like it.

Fans can be crazy dedicated, look at how many people are gonna buy the grindfest that is Mother 1 just so they can experience a slightly different but more outdated game than Earthbound. Now that Fire Emblem is popular, Nintendo could go that same route if they felt like it.

I say again, it sounds like too much time and money to put into a game that probably wouldn't sell all that well. And this applies to the rest of the pre-GBA titles, too.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Both of the DS FEs met Awakening's supposed sales requirement to continue the series. Stop saying Shadow Dragon was a flop or didn't "sell well".

Anyway, I doubt any FEs will get the Mother treatment besides maybe Binding Blade.

Both of the DS FEs met Awakening's supposed sales requirement to continue the series. Stop saying Shadow Dragon was a flop or didn't "sell well".

Anyway, I doubt any FEs will get the Mother treatment besides maybe Binding Blade.

Sales weren't the point so much as game quality was - and last I checked, Shadow Dragon wasn't exactly well received, so I feel that calling it a flop is justified.

Edited by Levant Caprice