Nintendo (and if you want, Sony, Microsoft, and the other companies too) E3 Predictions and Reactions! *Share your thoughts and opinions here*!

Busterman64

Just finished watching the EA presentation and......90 percent of it was BOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!! The other 10 percent that was good was Stars Wars and Mirrors Edge: Catalyst.This the 2nd E3 I've watched (first was last year, 2014. But I only watched Nintendo's), but the first EA presentation I watched. I always heard how bad they were,but dear lord...I didn't think it would be THAT bad!

Next is Ubisoft (my first presentation too)...... I hope that one is better...please God, let me survive to Sony.

Mirrors Edge was not even a good game to begin with.

Edited by Magical CC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now that the Sony hype has calmed down a bit (and the Shenmue 3 kickstarter money continues grow in front of me on my laptop), time for my hopes for Nintendo's presentation:

1. A new Metroid game, please for the love Kamui!

2. Fire Emblem If info and maybe a release date.

3. Starfox Wii U info

4. Hyrule Warriors 3DS info

5. New Harvest Moon game for Wii U ( I can hope)

6. More awesome DLC

7. More info on Shin Megami Tensi X Fire Emblem (really looking forward to that game...even though I don't have Wii U yet...:'( )

8.Super Mario Maker

9. Something new and interesting (and fun)!

10. A sequel to a great game

11. Maybe even a port of a great game to Wii U or 3DS

......And, I'm drawing a blank now. That should be everything, or at least most of my hopes.

(And the time it took me to make this post, Shenmue 3 is half way to its goal of $2,000,000. And it still has 31 days left too...)

All I want from Square Enix is info on Kingdom Hearts 3. I would care about Bravely Second, but I haven't played Bravely Default yet and I want to play that one first. I'm not sure if there is anything else I want from Square Enix, I can't think of any other game right now (unless I forgot something). If there is, I want info on......what ever I may have forgotten about. :P

I don't feel like going through this topic and warning everyone. . .soooo. . .

Unless there's something really, REALLY amazing that was just announced, use the Edit button instead of double-posting.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X will show up in some form. Hopefully in english. I've been waiting for the game for months. lol

This is the main thing I want from Nintendo.

2. Fire Emblem If info and maybe a release date.

This too, though I feel it's less likely.

I don't feel like going through this topic and warning everyone. . .soooo. . .Unless there's something really, REALLY amazing that was just announced, use the Edit button instead of double-posting.

Oops. Ok, I gotcha!

Basing off of substance, Microsoft still won. It had more exclusives (Inufane, Comcept, and Retro on Recore, RARE!), backwards compatibility, and the hololens.

Sony's big things were: The Last Guardian gameplay (which looks boring and will no doubt end up like SOC where it's considered a classic for a decade before a bunch of people start pointing out that it's kinda crap), FF7 remake (which was leaked beforehand and from the sound of things is a timed exclusive), and Shenmue 3 (which is part of a very niche franchise that got canceled because it undersold; the kickstarter part is just plain greedy as well. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, for example.).

Of course, Nintendo will probably have the most stuff I care about.

Really, I hate the whole idea of some company "winning" E3. They're business presentations to entice consumers.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

Basing off of substance, Microsoft still won. It had more exclusives (Inufane, Comcept, and Retro on Recore, RARE!), backwards compatibility, and the hololens.

Sony's big things were: The Last Guardian gameplay (which looks boring and will no doubt end up like SOC where it's considered a classic for a decade before a bunch of people start pointing out that it's kinda crap), FF7 remake (which was leaked beforehand and from the sound of things is a timed exclusive), and Shenmue 3 (which is part of a very niche franchise that got canceled because it undersold; the kickstarter part is just plain greedy as well. Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2, for example.).

Really, I hate the whole idea of some company "winning" E3. They're business presentations to entice consumers.

I will remind you that a lot of people still consider Shadow of the Colossus to be one of the best games of all time, so I'm not sure where this supposed influx of hatred for the game has come from, because I've never seen it. It 'looks boring' (which by the way, is a pretty generic attempt at an criticism, I could level this easily at Fire Emblem with no reason), in the same way that Shadow of the Colossus 'looked boring'? Then I think it'll do just fine. As for the FF7 remake, just because they showed it will make a lot of people happy, why does the leak matter any? A lot of people wouldn't know about it beforehand, or wouldn't believe it. Yes, Shenmue is a cult classic, but it has already reached its goal of $2 million in under 24 hours, so it can't be that niche IMO.

I'm sorry, but the hype generated from the Last Guardian and FF7 Remake alone made this a better show than Microsoft's, but of course it would come down to personal preference in whether you would actually like the shown games. But showing three high-profile games that people have wanted for a long time? Microsoft did not do that. I probably have little interest in the Nintendo part today, but I'm still going to watch it. I actually still think Microsoft did okay, though - better than recent years, you just seem overly critical of Sony.

I also guess you forgot Uncharted 4, which looks really good if you like that series. And the Killzone guy game Horizon, which also looked really good for what we were shown.

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah, can't forget the goods they gave out, can we? (Especially ReCore, Cuphead, Beyond Eyes[hope I said that right], and the other games I said earlier):3 :Jaffar:

Ditto! While Sony and Microsoft had some interesting stuff, I probably won't care as much for their stuff like Nintendo's stuff. Just my personal preference. :Roy:

It doesn't really matters who "wins E3", since their games (the final versions that we get) speak their value ( and the time, effort, care, and love that was put in each one). You can make a game look awesome & dazzling and can "win E3", but if by the time I can buy it myself and it sucks, them, "winning E3" , won't mean jack! In the end, it doesn't really matter (since "winning" doesn't mean much). What matters is, "Will the game be good when I get it?" (Our money is more important to them then their games are important to us since our money keeps their business going.) Then again, it depends on how much you care. Personally, for someone who didn't care for E3 until last year (2014), who ever does "win E3", I'm more than likely gonna say "so and so had a great presentation and they won E3" and a month from now I'll probably only really care for the Nintendo games.

(I hope that didn't come off as cocky or anything...it was not my intention if it did.) :Joshua:

Edited by Busterman64

(Sorry for double posting, but...)

I just remembered! There were a few more things I wanted from Nintendo (that I forgot to add last night):

12. A new Paper Mario

13. Super Mario Sunshine 2 (or SMS HD)

14. Super Mario Sunshine DLC for Splatoon (if not now, later)

15. Confirmation of Dragon Quest 8 for 3DS coming to the U.S.

16. Project X Zone 2 info (yeah, that was announced some time ago)

(I know Nintendo said No Mario games or main series games or something to that degree, but......they say a lot of things before changing their minds. Besides Paper Mario is a spin-off series :3 )

......Ok, NOW I think that was everything. If it wasn't and I somehow missed something else, I'll edit it in under this.

Edited by Busterman64

First Ninty are "Okay, okay! There, Mother 1 in english! Happy now?"

Then Sega with "Okay, okay! Shenmue 3 kickstarter!" & Sony's "Okay, okay! TLG! Happy now?"

Come on Mr Newell, we're still waiting, where's Half Life Episode 3?

FE14 is now Fire Emblem: Fates and will be released... in 2016. Welp.

EDIT: The new Mario RPG looks great. I'm kind of intrigued by the new Metroid Prime spin-off, even if it's definitely not what I was looking for in a new Metroid.

Edited by TheCosmicDude

So, Blast Ball is part of a Metroid Prime spin-off, thought those guys looked a little like GF troopers. Still won't satisfy my Metroid fix, sorry Nintendo.

Zelda 3 Swords looks pretty cool, my bro and I will have fun with that. Good that it has online multiplayer too, something the Mario team should catch on to.

EDIT: Level 5 Pokemon too, hmm.

And Mario & Luigi/Paper Mario crossover, cool.

Edited by Knight

nintendo's was safe, i could even say that I was not impressed

I don't really think I have anything to say for it apart from that.

Edited by Tryhard

No new proper Metroid, kind of disappointing. Really, they didn't show off anything BIG that we didn't already know about. I also don't like that Star Fox Zero doesn't really have a proper place in canon, and there's no new characters. I get that Miyamoto likes to emphasize gameplay over story, but nobody wants to play Star Fox 64 for the gajillionth time. Otherwise, the gameplay looks alright.

Well, other than maybe the new Mario RPG (which I'm cautiously optimistic about, since after Sticker Star the idea that every Mario RPG is good is no longer the case), every single thing that interested me was just new info about games I've already heard of (The new FE getting English voices and a title, Xenoblade Chronicles X getting an NA release date, and the Star Fox stuff would probably be the big three for me. Mario Maker also looks cool, but most of that stuff was shown the other day at the NWCs). Also, I hope that you don't need to buy the 3DS Hyrule Warriors game to get Tetra and the King from Wind Waker on the Wii U version.

Hopefully a few more games get announced during the Tree House stuff.

That was kinda disappointing to me, way too much amiibo stuff, it really felt like they were cramming it down my throat. The Skylanders/Amiibo crossover was super cool but I think everyone in the entire universe has heard about that yarn Yoshi already.

Prime Hunters 2 sounds like a different game using the Metroid name. Prime Hunters is already a spin off, and this new one looks like a spinoff of even that one.

The puppets were cool, Star Fox, Shigeru talking about developing that and the first level of SMB was probably the most interesting part of this event to me. Animal Crossing ondisc DLC edition pissed me off. I like 3 Swords and Paper Jam. I wasn't getting my hopes up for Mother 3 or anything, but I was expecting a little more.

Unlikely that Nintendo will reveal anything during the Treehouse.

Zelda Triforce Heroes was the most exciting thing for me.

Edited by Knight

Nintendo's conference didn't really get the heartrate up, especially after Bethesda, Microsoft, and Sony all brought their A-game over the last two days. Still, there was some cool info. Mario Maker looks like a lot of cool stuff could flow out of it, and it was really interesting some of the design drawings Miyamoto did up for the original game's levels.

Now, Half-Life 3 or bust.