Nintendo (and if you want, Sony, Microsoft, and the other companies too) E3 Predictions and Reactions! *Share your thoughts and opinions here*!

Busterman64

I don't get the internet sometimes. People on Twitch are complaining about the lack of Zelda Wii U, despite it being announced earlier this year that it wouldn't be shown at E3. :facepalm:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will remind you that a lot of people still consider Shadow of the Colossus to be one of the best games of all time, so I'm not sure where this supposed influx of hatred for the game has come from, because I've never seen it. It 'looks boring' (which by the way, is a pretty generic attempt at an criticism, I could level this easily at Fire Emblem with no reason), in the same way that Shadow of the Colossus 'looked boring'? Then I think it'll do just fine. As for the FF7 remake, just because they showed it will make a lot of people happy, why does the leak matter any? A lot of people wouldn't know about it beforehand, or wouldn't believe it. Yes, Shenmue is a cult classic, but it has already reached its goal of $2 million in under 24 hours, so it can't be that niche IMO.

I'm sorry, but the hype generated from the Last Guardian and FF7 Remake alone made this a better show than Microsoft's, but of course it would come down to personal preference in whether you would actually like the shown games. But showing three high-profile games that people have wanted for a long time? Microsoft did not do that. I probably have little interest in the Nintendo part today, but I'm still going to watch it. I actually still think Microsoft did okay, though - better than recent years, you just seem overly critical of Sony.

I also guess you forgot Uncharted 4, which looks really good if you like that series. And the Killzone guy game Horizon, which also looked really good for what we were shown.

I was just expressing my opinions.

Shadow of the Colossus doesn't have a sudden influx; it's more that more people who have tried it in recent years (and say something about it) rate it lower than most seem to. It's a big empty world full of not much, serving as just a barrier to artificially lengthen a game whose only true substance comes from the boss fights. Coupled with clunky controls and a story that's somehow both minimalistic and confusing, I can see why.

The Last Guardian gameplay... let's see: boy walks out into the sun. Boy says gibberish. Gryphon thing appears. Gryphon thing jumps gap. Gryphon thing catches boy. Plod along. Boy must save Gryphon thing! Boy lowers log and saves Gryphon thing. End demo.

Uncharted has never interested me. And as I said, based off of substance. Just because Sony decided to put out a simplistic gameplay demo of a game that's still well off and Square got desperate enough to do the remake that "will be met with feelings of joy and fear" didn't really make it for me. Horizon looked cool, but that was about it. This, personally, is just my opinion.

Now, Nintendo. Here's the problem: there were three major hype things that could've been emphasized: Smash Bros, Zelda U, and Xenoblade X. They took out Smash Bros. and gave it it's own thing beforehand. Zelda U got delayed. And because Zelda U got delayed, NOA pushed Xenoblade X back to serve as a holiday game (which I doubt will work in it's favor), meaning they can't start the hype train too soon. Really, besides the surprise English FEif trailer (I will still call it that) and the Phantom Revelations #FE (which is giving me the negative feels), there was nothing that stood out. If they had more strongly featured any one (or multiple) of the hype stimulators I laid out above, it would have been an entertaining conference. Instead, it was fairly boring.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

^Pff, that's stupidity at its finest right there.

I love the look of the new Zelda, the new FE Fates trailer was AWESOME (Ryouma's voice omg sexy <3), Mario Maker is looking awesome, and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks so cool! And more Yoshi's Woolly World, YES! Release date too! October 16!

All in all, I guess I'm in the minority here that loved the show.

Edited by Anacybele

I was just expressing my opinions.

Shadow of the Colossus doesn't have a sudden influx; it's more that more people who have tried it in recent years (and say something about it) rate it lower than most seem to. It's a big empty world full of not much, serving as just a barrier to artificially lengthen a game whose only true substance comes from the boss fights. Coupled with clunky controls and a story that's somehow both minimalistic and confusing, I can see why.

The Last Guardian gameplay... let's see: boy walks out into the sun. Boy says gibberish. Gryphon thing appears. Gryphon thing jumps gap. Gryphon thing catches boy. Plod along. Boy must save Gryphon thing! Boy lowers log and saves Gryphon thing. End demo.

Uncharted has never interested me. And as I said, based off of substance. Just because Sony decided to put out a simplistic gameplay demo of a game that's still well off and Square got desperate enough to do the remake that "will be met with feelings of joy and fear" didn't really make it for me. Horizon looked cool, but that was about it. This, personally, is just my opinion.

Now, Nintendo. Here's the problem: there were three major hype things that could've been emphasized: Smash Bros, Zelda U, and Xenoblade X. They took out Smash Bros. and gave it it's own thing beforehand. Zelda U got delayed. And because Zelda U got delayed, NOA pushed Xenoblade X back to serve as a holiday game (which I doubt will work in it's favor), meaning they can't start the hype train too soon. Really, besides the surprise English FEif trailer (I will still call it that) and the Phantom Revelations #FE (which is giving me the negative feels), there was nothing that stood out. If they had more strongly featured any one (or multiple) of the hype stimulators I laid out above, it would have been an entertaining conference. Instead, it was fairly boring.

You must be an extremely unimaginative person lol.

I played Shadow of the Colossus less than a year ago and I find it to be next to my favourite game of all time. If anything, I think praise for SoC has raised over time.

This, personally, is just my opinion.

You're welcome to it. I still think Sony had the best showing, regardless if you liked the games they showed or not, but that's also my opinion.

Unlikely that Nintendo will reveal anything during the Treehouse.

Star Fox Zero was first brought up in the Treehouse stuff last year, and I think a few other games got announced there, too (nothing big besides Star Fox, though).

On a related note, is Nintendo doing any special conferences for certain games (like how last year they did one each for Smash, Codename Steam, and I think one more that I might be forgetting), or is this all they've got (barring a possible brief mention of another game during the Treehouse stuff)?

Nintendo Treehouse is streaming Zelda: Triforce Heroes right now! Looks so fun. ^^ If I only I had friends to play it with...

Well, there's online play too.

Well, there's online play too.

I heard something about that, but did they say if it's available in the main adventure and not just some side thing?

EDIT: Ah, Nintendo Treehouse just confirmed a single player option! Hope it's as good as FSA's single player mode.

Edited by Anacybele

I think the online play is for everything, it would suck if it wasn't. I'll probably really love this game, since I enjoy other co-op puzzle games like Portal 2 and stuff.

All those emotion icons look like a way to communicate to people online without speech, which is why I think online will be in all/at least the story modes.

Edited by Knight

Star Fox Zero was first brought up in the Treehouse stuff last year, and I think a few other games got announced there, too (nothing big besides Star Fox, though).

This is incorrect. Miyamoto mentioned it and his other two projects on Time.com less then an hour before the 2014 Digital Event.

Source: http://time.com/2850146/shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-interview/

I think the online play is for everything, it would suck if it wasn't. I'll probably really love this game, since I enjoy other co-op puzzle games like Portal 2 and stuff.

All those emotion icons look like a way to communicate to people online without speech, which is why I think online will be in all/at least the story modes.

Hm, maybe! I hope so! I'm going to play it in single player mode too though, to see what's different about it. I mean, FSA's single player mode had a few exclusive features, like the formations. Something similar could be in the single player mode too.

Man I hope Mario Maker does as well as they think it will. Cause I don't see it.

Most hyped games for me are AC: Amiibo Festival and AC: Happy Home Designer. Going to also get Woolly World and Xenoblade X as well. That'll complete my game list for this year, and the I can start off with FE: Fates.

Man I hope Mario Maker does as well as they think it will. Cause I don't see it.

The Nintendo WCS that showed off Super Mario Maker pretty much convinced a lot of people.

2:37 was one of the best moments during the stream.

...Am I the only person who actually has some interest in Metroid Prime: Federation Force?

The trailer has a freaking 1/15 like/dislike ratio on Youtube. I mean, seriously, come on?

...Am I the only person who actually has some interest in Metroid Prime: Federation Force?

The trailer has a freaking 1/15 like/dislike ratio on Youtube. I mean, seriously, come on?

It certainly wouldn't have got that, perhaps even a favourable rating, if it didn't market itself as a Metroid game.

That's the only reason.

Or maybe if it did, but there was a mainline Metroid game announced alongside it.

(Warning: This post is a bit long. Double posting bad.)

Nintendo's presentation was pretty good, but a bit disappointing. The presentation was good (Nintendo knows how to have fun, happy for that. Loved the muppets thing!), but their wasn't that much given to us.

Starfox Zero was good, just wished for a bit more from it.

The Skylanders things with Bowser and DK was surprising good. Even if I don't get the game, that looked pretty cool.

LOZ: Triforce Heroes looked pretty cool too! Also, it has online multiplayer! ( YAY! :3 )

Hyrule Warrios Legends, wish it wasn't leaked (would've had more hype).

...Well we finally got a new Metroid game...*sigh*......I'm not gonna say MP:Federation Force is bad because it's not what I was hoping for (I'm gonna give it a chance as a game. Who knows, it might actually be fun), but dang it. (I at least think this is a way to say, "We still know Metroid is a thing, don't worry!" Still hoping for a new "main series" Metroid game.)

Fire Emblem If, I mean Fire Emblem Fates got a new trailer. At the end of the trailer......MOOD WHIPLASH! :blink:

Here's Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (After what looks like the Avatar going to kill Aqua...dear lord...what a whiplash)! I'm one of the people who's happy for the game , but I kinda wish I saw some gameplay. (Still hearing so much hate for that game......I have hope the game will be good.)

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam was probably the high point. I'M LOVING IT!!! I can't wait for that game! (Got my Paper Mario and my Mario & Luigi...awesome!)

More Super Mario Maker, always nice. Cool backstory stuff. (And Mario for Charity.)

And......it just ended... :blink: Saddness......I wish they had more, but what we got was good (Lets hope next year is better :Roy: ).

Now for SqaureEnix......Dear...lord...TOO. MUCH. TALKING!!! There was WAY too much! I had the Nintendo Tree House up on my laptop ( I was watching the presentation on my phone) and I switch to that a lot.

Didn't care for the mobile games (they may be good, but I don't have any interest).

Suddenly a montage! Saw Dragon Quest and it got my attention again. Then the director of Kingdom Hearts came on, telling us about getting some KH gameplay and then...

"TROLL LA LA LA LA!!!" Kingdom Hearts IOS game! ( I felt like it was a troll moment, big time.) Then we finally are about to get some KH3 footage, then suddenly...more talking! Yadayada...we finally see KH3 gameplay. It was great, but I was a drained at that point (still looked great though. Also, "Tangled" world, that's cool).

We got World of Final Fantasty...again (which does look...ok)

Star Ocean was looking pretty good too (subtitle is...something).

More talking, more talking, yadayadyada......I didn't really care for many of the games there, but that at least with other presentations, it was still somewhat interesting (and more gameplay...and less talking.)

By the end, their was no mention of Bravely Second or Final Fantasy XV( except a small glimpse in a montage) and even if the games were good, there was way too much talking that drained me by the end (thank God for the Nintendo Tree House event). I wasn't paying attention that much. This was a bad presentation, even with the gameplay. Less talking, more showing!

Yeah, that's my opinion. :Joshua:

Edited by Busterman64

I think Metroid Prime 4 hit a bone similar to Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It looks like a great game, but it's not a good game in that series.

Like if it had it's own title and not Metroid Prime 4, I'm sure people would be okay with it.

I think Metroid Prime 4 hit a bone similar to Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It looks like a great game, but it's not a good game in that series.

Like if it had it's own title and not Metroid Prime 4, I'm sure people would be okay with it.

The big issue is that there hasn't been a Metroid game in like 5 or so years, so people are waiting for a new game in the series. If this game came a little bit after the announcement of a new Metroid game (main series), then this spin-off would not be getting the hate it's getting now. Even if it is good, many people probably won't give it a chance due to the timing of it's announcement (which sucks because the game may actually be good...... actually, SMT X FE is kinda in a similar predicament......I hope both these games are good ). The only way this game has a chance of being sold in 2016 is if between now and the next time this game is brought up, a new main series Metroid game is announced. Even with the damage done already, it still has a chance!

They didn't really call it Metroid Prime 4. I'm just going to assume the next Metroid game will be on the NX now, since there's not enough life left in the Wii U for something that big.

Who knows, maybe that game will be fun, doesn't satisfy my want for a proper Metroid.

Edited by Knight

I as really disappointed, this being the first time I cared about E3.

The Zelda 3 Swords... I hope it is just a spin-off game like Hyrule Warriors and is separate from the timeline. I don't see fashion and several reincarnations of Link at the same time having a place in Zelda. It doesn't FEEL like Zelda at all to me. I want consistency, especially with how poorly made the timeline was, I don't want them to screw it up even more again.

Starfox Zero should have had a place in the Starfox timeline, the gameplay was good though. I'm definitely getting it. It better not be motion controls only.

Mario Maker, although I want it, I'd have to choose Xenoblade Chronicles X and Starfox Zero. I hope it's not a full $60 title.

Everything else was boring to me. The only exception was Paper Mario & Luigi.

Oh, and Metroid: Garbage. If they just put SAMUS in there as the main character instead of those generic NPC scrubs, I would have been fine. I want to see what happens to rogue Samus after Metroid Fusion, just continue the damn story Nintendo.

Animal Crossing Party sucked, I was hoping for a real Animal Crossing game on Wii U like New Leaf. No minigames too, which also sucks. This game will definitely sell poorly as Happy Home Designer will, at least here in the USA.

Yarn Yoshi was ok, but it's not for me. They spent too much time on it.

The other JRPGs: Persona Emblem, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Fire Emblem Fates didn't show anything new to us, just stupid trailers and stuff we already knew. They could have at least gave us information about what the game was about and what to expect for Persona Emblem, but no.

I rate it a 7.2/10 or a C+. Too bad they gave up all the interesting Smash Brothers information before the Digital Event, it would have made up for their shortcomings. Although, with all their Directs every few months, you can't blame them for not having what you expected. I personally prefer to be updated very often instead of having everything saved for E3 and other big events. I'm just happy that I got Mother 1/EarthBound Beginings, what a great suprise as I thought Nintendo wouldn't ever translate it, even if they did translate a Mother game, I would have expected Mother 3.

I thought it was a overall good presentation. NWC was pretty awesome in itself, Smash direct (which I consider as part of their E3 shenanigans) was nothing short of awesome. Fire Emblem Fates is looking phenomenal voice acting is superb. New Zelda games aren't my cup of tea but look decent for what they are. Starfox Zero looks phenomenal new vehicles look like they work great. Don't know what to think about the new Metroid game will have to wait and see. Don't really care about Animal Crossing to begin with. Xenoblade Chronicles X still looking great just wished they gave a release date. New Paper Mario actually looks pretty good. SMT x FE good to see that FE characters are actually in the game as the "mirages". The presentation of the material itself was good and fun with the muppets style thing and the way they transitioned with Mario Maker characters (I even saw an 8 bit Marth) before FE Fates was a nice touch.

Bottom Line: Would I have liked to see more? Of course. Was I displeased and felt "betrayed"? No.

Keep in mind alot of other announcements were also made before hand with the whole NX thing and DeNA. Zelda U being a no show was also known well in advanced.

Oh and if you want a truley bad press conference does anyone remember this from 2008?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4DOn9465xo&spfreload=10

This years digital didn't come anywhere near close to this in my opinion.

Edited by LordTaco42