A bet on the siblings personalities

ichikawa

i like to do this kind of exercise, so let´s go to my bets on how the royal siblings personalities will be based on the info we have

Ryouma: A charismatic leader of hoshidan army and the personification of Bushido (way of the warrior). Ok he will be a good brother but who live by the sword, die by the sword. His samurai honor will force Kamui and himself to make harsh decisions who may not make Kamui happy, and you can expect a formidable enemy.

Marx: He is a honest and silent person, and a charismatic leader as like Ryoma, he will be very loyal to his father and his country, believing he is doing the best for his people and his family. He will be more affectionate toward Kamui that his counterpart, and so have a soft spot toward Kamui. He may never fight with all when facing Kamui as a enemy. At the start Marx will follow every order from his father but Kamui will make his mind with the time.

Hinoka: She will be the lovely elder sister that will change after Kamui's kidnap. This fact will make her choose the way of the warrior, wishing to never lost another sibling ever again. She will always follow Ryouma's footsteps, and only show her weak side to few. As a enemy she will never acept to fight against Kamui.

Camilla: The Yandere-protective-hot big sister. She is the type that like strong women, so she may act cold to any man besides her possible cute little brother, to the extend that she only choose girls to be her royal guard. Her twisted personality will make her do anything to her beloved Kamui, even as a enemy she may leak informations and even kill allied units to protect him/her.

Takumi: Being the prince who always seek for strength, he may be weak when was a child, and so will always try to show strength to anyone around him. He hardly trust someone so he may act as a lone wolf. He never really trusted Kamui, and as a enemy will shot to kill in the first sight

Leon: Leon the prodigious prince, he will exceed anything he do, and act arrogantly as will always try to show that magic is better than strength toward his older brother. He like his family but will show a twisted personality when face loss, being quite scary. This dark side that will make Zero loyal to him. Leon can be a trusty ally and a fearsome enemy.

Sakura and Elise: no much to expect, both of them will love Kamui, and do anything to help him/her. But we can expect some great feat made by them, something that will make we think "I can't underestimate little sisters"

I agree with most of these, but I had imagined Camilla being less creepy/yandere, and that was more of a facade. I also don't feel like Marx won't kill Kamui, I just feel like his personality is hard to speculate from what we've seen.

My reasoning for Takumi to be so distrustful of Kamui is that he never really knew him before.

I mean Kamui doesn't remember being Hoshidan royalty, so it's reasonable to assume that he was very very young (I am guessing 4). Now Takumi is even younger, so he doesn't really know anything beyond the fact that you are related by blood. Hinoka's profile states how deeply the kidnapping affected her, and I am pretty sure that Ryouma was too.

Now, here he is growing up in a family still grieving for the loss of an elder sibling who he doesn't remember. Having to work hard to achieve anything in his life, he might feel largely inadequate compared to his stronger siblings.

As the next younger sibling after Kamui he also may have thought it his responsibilty to make up for the loss.

Then his sibling returns..from a hostile enemy country where they have lived comfortably and with great adoptive siblings who consider them their own.

Would you trust them? Would you like them at first?

And his distrust isn't really unwarrented, considering Kamui CAN side with Nohr.

Anyway this is just my speculation on what his beef is. Let's see if I am right.

Yeah, agree with most of this. Here's my speculations:

Marx and Ryouma will both be the type to fight and die for their countries. I see them portraying the Camus archetype, remaining loyal to their own country, even if they know it's not the "right" decision. Both will be natural leaders, and hold a prejudice against the opposing countries.

Camilla and Hinoka will play the big sister roll (obviously). Camilla seems like she'll be more laid back, whereas Hinoka will never rest, and be of the most ambitious characters in the game. Each will be very protective of Kamui and go out of their way to see him/her safe. Should anything happen to Kamui, these would the the characters to seek immediate revenge.

Leon and Takumai won't really appreciate Kamui as much as the other siblings. Both will be caught up in their own worlds trying to prove themselves. Naturally more self-absorbed characters, but with time will get closer to Kamui.

Elise and Sakura not much to add here...I feel like both of them will be the least aggressive or hateful of the siblings. They'll always look up to Kamui and do they're best to help him/her thrive in any situation. Not really the type to kill for his/her sake though.

I'm very curious as to how the folks from Hoshido are going to act because apparently the characters of each faction change depending on your choices.

Nohr will obviously act like straight up crazy baddies but seeing their more human sides in their storyline will be intriguing.

i like to do this kind of exercise, so let´s go to my bets on how the royal siblings personalities will be based on the info we have

Ryouma: A charismatic leader of hoshidan army and the personification of Bushido (way of the warrior). Ok he will be a good brother but who live by the sword, die by the sword. His samurai honor will force Kamui and himself to make harsh decisions who may not make Kamui happy, and you can expect a formidable enemy.

Marx: He is a honest and silent person, and a charismatic leader as like Ryoma, he will be very loyal to his father and his country, believing he is doing the best for his people and his family. He will be more affectionate toward Kamui that his counterpart, and so have a soft spot toward Kamui. He may never fight with all when facing Kamui as a enemy. At the start Marx will follow every order from his father but Kamui will make his mind with the time.

Hinoka: She will be the lovely elder sister that will change after Kamui's kidnap. This fact will make her choose the way of the warrior, wishing to never lost another sibling ever again. She will always follow Ryouma's footsteps, and only show her weak side to few. As a enemy she will never acept to fight against Kamui.

Camilla: The Yandere-protective-hot big sister. She is the type that like strong women, so she may act cold to any man besides her possible cute little brother, to the extend that she only choose girls to be her royal guard. Her twisted personality will make her do anything to her beloved Kamui, even as a enemy she may leak informations and even kill allied units to protect him/her.

Takumi: Being the prince who always seek for strength, he may be weak when was a child, and so will always try to show strength to anyone around him. He hardly trust someone so he may act as a lone wolf. He never really trusted Kamui, and as a enemy will shot to kill in the first sight

Leon: Leon the prodigious prince, he will exceed anything he do, and act arrogantly as will always try to show that magic is better than strength toward his older brother. He like his family but will show a twisted personality when face loss, being quite scary. This dark side that will make Zero loyal to him. Leon can be a trusty ally and a fearsome enemy.

Sakura and Elise: no much to expect, both of them will love Kamui, and do anything to help him/her. But we can expect some great feat made by them, something that will make we think "I can't underestimate little sisters"

I agree with almost everything you said there except for Marx and Camilla.

After feeling betrayed like that, i don't think Marx would pull any punches (or sword thrusts) against Kamui. He's a caring elder brother, yes, but even so i think he's tough enough not to let emotions cloud his judgement.

About Camilla, i don't think she has a personality twisted by some unhealthy love for Kamui. I think she's somewhat laid back like she's got not one thing to care in the world, and the part that says she would even kill someone for Kamui's sake would mean she's somewhat arrogant and looks down on others ("Die, you maggot" kind of arrogant), which would explain her relaxed atitude (thinking such concerns are beneath her), and she just happens to treasure her little brother/sister. With her being royalty (raised by Garon, of all people), i think this is the most likely case.

My reasoning for Takumi to be so distrustful of Kamui is that he never really knew him before.

I mean Kamui doesn't remember being Hoshidan royalty, so it's reasonable to assume that he was very very young (I am guessing 4). Now Takumi is even younger, so he doesn't really know anything beyond the fact that you are related by blood. Hinoka's profile states how deeply the kidnapping affected her, and I am pretty sure that Ryouma was too.

Now, here he is growing up in a family still grieving for the loss of an elder sibling who he doesn't remember. Having to work hard to achieve anything in his life, he might feel largely inadequate compared to his stronger siblings.

As the next younger sibling after Kamui he also may have thought it his responsibilty to make up for the loss.

Then his sibling returns..from a hostile enemy country where they have lived comfortably and with great adoptive siblings who consider them their own.

Would you trust them? Would you like them at first?

And his distrust isn't really unwarrented, considering Kamui CAN side with Nohr.

Anyway this is just my speculation on what his beef is. Let's see if I am right.

Yea you have a point, it's not easy to trust Kamui on Hoshido side, but we already have informations that Takumi easly distrust people, se he may be a more antisocial character, that prefere to work alone.

I like that Takumi is suspicious. Here's this person he doesn't know? But all these people he loves very much trust this person but this person was raised by their worst enemies and could be a spy and oh god they're letting her/him into their rooms if they want or talking alone without bodyguards NO.

Yea you have a point, it's not easy to trust Kamui on Hoshido side, but we already have informations that Takumi easly distrust people, se he may be a more antisocial character, that prefere to work alone.

Yes, but that kind of personality could easily form in the situation I described above. Cynicism and difficulty to trust others could definitly arise in someone who feels like they always have to prove themselves.

So his attitude towards Kamui is a mixture of his 'natural' distrust and hidden resentment for this unknown sibling who worms their way back into the family while seeming way to fond of his Nohrian kidnappers.

Clipsey's take:

[spoiler=Hoshido route]Ryouma: He'll do his best to get to know you, while keeping to the task at hand.

Hinoka: Will probably ask to spar with you, after getting over her relief that you're alive.

Takumi: Definitely will keep you at a distance, at first. As the game goes on, he'll find some reason or other to open up to you. He might be your friendly rival!

Sakura: Prim and proper at first, she'll learn how to speak casually around you. If things go well enough, you might get a giggle out of her!

Marx: He'll express his disappointment in you as he draws his blade.

Camilla: The wild card of the bunch. She'll either turn against you, violently (because you betrayed her), or she'll end up being taken prisoner because she couldn't bring herself to kill you (and vice versa).

Leon: Will kick your ass with great prejudice.

Elise: Unless she learns how to wield a weapon, I think she'll end up as collateral. She'll probably be asking "why" with her last breath.

[spoiler=Nohr side]Marx: He betrayed his kingdom to follow you - he'll be loyal to a fault.

Camilla: Will have no problems mowing down anyone who gets in your way.

Leon: As long as you're not acting against his interests, he'll be fine with you. May end up in a situation where the chip on his shoulder falls off - if so, he'll probably express his doubts to you.

Elise: Will insist on not being treated as a baby, even if she can't fight back initially.

Ryouma: His disappointment in you will be expressed via his blade.

Hinoka: She'll probably wipe away her tears as she cleans the business end of her yari on your corpse.

Takumi: "See? I knew he was a traitor!" Like Leon, will have no problems kicking your ass. Unlike Leon, he won't have a big goofy grin while doing so.

Sakura: Like Elise, will probably end up as collateral. Unlike Elise, she won't back down, once she sees that you're bent on killing her kin.

tl;dr - eclipse shouldn't be allowed to analyze characters until she has the full script in hand.