What are the odds of Fire Emblem 4-10 characters being in this?

Yeah to me it looks like all new characters, although I think I saw Tiki in the new trailer today!

Marth, Cain and Caeda aren't new..

Edited by Jedi

To predict which Fire Emblem characters will be included, we need to look at the game's design goals.

What is SMTxFE trying to accomplish?

* attract a lowest-common-denominator audience

* sport an art style that appeals to the masses of anime fans

* include characters with sex appeal

Based on that criteria, we'd expect to see returning characters to (i) be attractive, (ii) be from popular FE titles, or (iii) both.

Lo and behold, all confirmed FE inclusions meet this criteria. Actually, all but one meet both criteria; the exception is Gangrel, who is an enemy unit anyway.

Expect a ton more Akaneia and Awakening. Expect some Fates cameos. Expect plenty of women. Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius will almost certainly be excluded save for highly popular / attractive characters (Lyn, Ike, maybe Eirika). That'd be a smart bet.

To predict which Fire Emblem characters will be included, we need to look at the game's design goals.

What is SMTxFE trying to accomplish?

* attract a lowest-common-denominator audience

* sport an art style that appeals to the masses of anime fans

* include characters with sex appeal

Based on that criteria, we'd expect to see returning characters to (i) be attractive, (ii) be from popular FE titles, or (iii) both.

Lo and behold, all confirmed FE inclusions meet this criteria. Actually, all but one meet both criteria; the exception is Gangrel, who is an enemy unit anyway.

Expect a ton more Akaneia and Awakening. Expect some Fates cameos. Expect plenty of women. Judgral, Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius will almost certainly be excluded save for highly popular / attractive characters (Lyn, Ike, maybe Eirika). That'd be a smart bet.

...I actually agree with this.

To be frank, the only male characters that we have seen so far is Itsuki (the protag) and the guy who summons Cain (forgot his name) while the rest are females. And if we're going with an assumption that maybe guys only get male characters and females get well girl characters, then we would have a disproportionate amount of female summons.

Well this is all speculation anyways, but I'm hoping for a bit more information before I go any further with this line of thinking.

One of the main characters already resembles Lyn, I think its too early to write off legacy characters.

Well, Aoi, Akagi, and Oribe's classes are based on Chrom, Cain, and Caeda's classes, respectively.

Kiria is a Mage, if her icon in battle is of any indication. Lyndis is of the Lord class. If the previous information is to be trusted, the "artists" will likely be using classes that the FE characters are.

The only non Akaneia characters I expect to see are maybe Ike and Roy. Its as if they are intentionally avoiding referencing anything that isn't FE 1/11, 3/12 and 13. The chances of seeing someone from the less popular FE games is in the negatives imo.

To be frank, the only male characters that we have seen so far is Itsuki (the protag) and the guy who summons Cain (forgot his name) while the rest are females. And if we're going with an assumption that maybe guys only get male characters and females get well girl characters, then we would have a disproportionate amount of female summons.

Well this is all speculation anyways, but I'm hoping for a bit more information before I go any further with this line of thinking.

Actually that may not exactly be the case for Eleonora Yumizuru because her hair color is blonde, but when she becomes an archer she then has light blue hair. I think her summon partner would have to most likely be Virion. Also it seems that on the site there is 1 more character spot open.

Edit: Yeah, definitely Virion. http://imgur.com/8Tl74xs

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Actually that may not exactly be the case for Eleonora Yumizuru because her hair color is blonde, but when she becomes an archer she then has light blue hair. I think her summon partner would have to most likely be Virion. Also it seems that on the site there is 1 more character spot open.

Dammit, I was hoping for a reference to Innes. >_<

But seriously, why did they chose Virion, another person from Awakening? It would be nice to see some representation from Elibe, Magvel, Jugdral, or Tellius.

Dammit, I was hoping for a reference to Innes. >_<

But seriously, why did they chose Virion, another person from Awakening? It would be nice to see some representation from Elibe, Magvel, Jugdral, or Tellius.

Well that pretty much gives us 2 characters from Shadow Dragon (Caeda and Cain) and 2 from Awakening (Chrom and Virion) and all 4 of them come from Akaneia/Ylisse then there is also Tiki included... I remember someone mentioning that Kiria Kurono's summoning partner could be Soren (she is a mage) because her hair color matches his even in battle and then she has long hair that is shown to be tied like his hair.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/6/63/Soren%27s_ponytail.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120917152749

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/sfe013.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-smt-x-fe/sfe023.jpg

^Not tied together, which is what I would assume for Soren being the case as well.

Thing is Awakening is still fresh in people's minds and Marth's are by far the most loved in Japan. There will probably be a few characters from 4-10, but we're going to see it lean towards Archanea.

Kind of hoping Itsuki will have a "wild card" ability, and can switch through different FE lords besides Chrom.

When you examine the Treehouse stream, you notice that the Mirages are next to the character progress bar when they level up. Just like the Persona games, likely the Mirage levels up separately from the character. One thing they could do is have the characters have Class Sets like everyone in Awakening did. So while they have a "canon" class and Mirage, they can switch over the other Mirages to learn new skills and change strategies for a fight.

Akaneia is the most popular in Japan, so we'll probably see most characters from there.

The series that probably will have the least amount of representation is probably Jugdral.

I think there still is a chance her Mirage isn't Virion, because if you look at her Mirage in the result screen it is blonde and wears a hat(which might just be like the others' helmets and just be unimportant.). Maybe they just used Virion for the class thing because they assumed he would be the most recognizable archer or something.

http://imgur.com/MHMJUPM

I think there still is a chance her Mirage isn't Virion, because if you look at her Mirage in the result screen it is blonde and wears a hat(which might just be like the others' helmets and just be unimportant.). Maybe they just used Virion for the class thing because they assumed he would be the most recognizable archer or something.

http://imgur.com/MHMJUPM

But if we use that logic than it would be the same for Chrom, but we know that he is confirmed and his portrait shows his hair style. Why wouldn't the same apply to Virion whose portrait shows his exact hair style? Also I just noticed a golden armor axe user in the new trailer, but the person's face is hidden because the weapon is in the way at around 1:56 after our archer of the group.

But if we use that logic than it would be the same for Chrom, but we know that he is confirmed and his portrait shows his hair style. Why wouldn't the same apply to Virion whose portrait shows his exact hair style? Also I just noticed a golden armor axe user in the new trailer, but the person's face is hidden because the weapon is in the way at around 1:56 after our archer of the group.

The only real logic for Chrom is that they outright confirmed it. Otherwise, hair isn't enough to be sure who each Mirage is.

The only real logic for Chrom is that they outright confirmed it. Otherwise, hair isn't enough to be sure who each Mirage is.

I am aware of that not applying to some of the characters (being Caeda, Cain and our unknown mage whose hairstyles are not shown and instead in their place are a pegasus wing, a horse, and a mage hat respectively), but the reason why I say Virion is most likely confirmed as well is because we see his hairstyle right next to our archer and in similar manner to Chrom's hair style being next to the main protagonist and why wouldn't the same apply? I mean come on her hair color goes from blonde and then in battle to light blue that's an oddity in itself.

http://imgur.com/8Tl74xs

Just need to point out that in the trailer when it's showing off the 3 known FE characters there are some completely black silhouettes standing behind them. so there's still a possibility for more characters