E3 Trailer Analysis

VincentASM

I wonder if there is any significance to Aqua only being dressed in black during that dancing scene so far and not anywhere else.

Also it may be worth noting the names Birthright & Conquest ? Not really much for analysis, but I guess so people can start getting used to the names...

I like the names, even if they aren't the names of the countries themselves they give you a general idea of what the countries/stories are about.

Also I always thought Aqua's state of dress was just whether you side with Nohr or Hoshido, I mean have we seen any later gameplay of Aqua on a Nohr-path game? It feels like most of the stuff we see of aqua happens before the 6th chapter, or at least before you get back to Nohr with her. But that does raise another question, why is it that no matter what she's wearing she's always dancing for Garon in that hall place? Something's up there.

Also awesome analysis, thanks for the higher quality photos. :D (I took screenshots but they didn't turn out half as nice)

Edit: Also that dark black blade that the hooded guy uses closely resembles Kamui's black curved blade now that I get a better look at it. (I had a feeling I had seen something similar to it before but I wasn't sure where)... Hell now that I keep comparing the two they almost look identical, is Kamui another Robin?

Edited by Kyza

Wow, you weren't lying. That was a pretty long read. And this time around you noticed a lot of things I missed.

As far as things you didn't mention, I can't think of much that's worth putting in. You can see the damage of Kamui's Dragon Fang for an instant and it's surprisingly low(4), but then again, he seems to be fighting a general, which looks extremely similar to the ones from Awakening by the way. We also see an enemy paladin for the first time.

Another detail, looking at the model of that dark mage that Tsukuyomi's fighting, I'm thinking the "female" dark mage portrait we saw a while ago might actually be male.

Edited by Cysx

The only typo I noticed is : "I won't like". I guessed you meant "I won't lie".

Great analysis otherwise. There's a surprising amounts of details on so few time.

Thanks.

I actually fixed that before I read this topic again XD

These swords look awfully similar...

fefates-e3-trailer-005.jpg

feif-intro-x31.jpg

Either Kamui is another Robin-esque character as in he's the main antagonist or someone else gets a-hold of that sword, perhaps they do this to frame Kamui? Maybe that's why Leon and Takumi can't forgive you? I mean besides the fact that you have to side with either one or the other. Does this person kill your mom and Elise? Is it Kamui going berserk/being controlled by the darkness? So many things! This speculating is killing me, just give me the game, I need answers!

Thanks for the observation.

I looked back through all the frames and the two swords are indeed nigh identical, from top to bottom.

Now I'm even more confused about what this all means XD

Edited by VincentASM

I seriusly doubt they will go for antagonist=protagonist again. My money is on another character who happens to aquire that sword. Maybe then, after losing the Gan-whatsit, Kamui would start wielding Yatogami.

Well we now learn that Kamui receives the sword from Garon, perhaps Garon uses it to take control of Kamui and use them as a weapon against Hoshido. Maybe this is how Elise dies, Kamui accidentally kills her as the Nohr siblings show up and try to calm them down or retrieve them? That would be pretty crazy. Or Kamui just flies off the handle due to 'the darkness' and fights Ryouma, I'm still trying to decipher the whole 'super-saiyan' scene.

Edited by Kyza

Don't think Elise's scene is necessarily a death scene. She could just mean it in a "maybe you'll be happier with your real family" way or whatever

idk even if actually making you kill your siblings might be a good story choice, I don't really see them going down that route. Especially since Hoshido is allegedly the more "casual" of the routes. Still, if they do go down that route then I guess that does sort of finalize the whole "this is the choice you made, these are the consequences of your actions" thing. Though I'll still have to wait to see if the character writing is really strong enough to support that scene from an emotional standpoint, I think it'd be a good choice from a narrative/thematic standpoint or whatever

Hopefully the story doesn't go completely grimdark edgy, though

This game has a higher age rating? I mean I'm not suprised by any means but I did not know that. Did they bump it up to M?

Awakening had a rating of B in Japan (12+) while Fates has a rating of C (15+). Will probably just stay Teen for NA.

I have three possible scenarios for the city assault scene

Scenario 1: It is early hoshido and Aqua pissed off with her Hoshidan Kidnappers walks into the capital all hooded up with an kamui's sword backed up by the Blue maid (My theory is that the blue maid is hers) who is the person throwing the kunai. So she causes an explosion and transforms into her dragon form that is all dark and stuff like the mark on her arm that we see later which might be something like the mark of Grima. So Kamui is forced into Dragon form and manages to take down aqua, leading to the scene where dragon Kamui has her in his grasps.

Scenario 2: This is Nohr and the hooded figure is marx backed up by a ninja or maid. He then slams a sword into the ground creating explosions while transforming into his own dragon form which would be nice as it would confirm that the other siblings can turn into dragons too.

Scenario 3: This is a completely new faction that everyone amuses is Nohr that start the conflict by killing the Hoshidan Queen linking back too the event that caused the war mentioned in the treehouse

Edited by Mackc2