New Class Introduction Videos!

rmodz

So does Dark Knight wield swords again

Yes. I only included classes that were new or different from Awakening or from what we knew about the game from before. If I didn't say anything, then it is the same as Awakening. The only exception is General since the description did not at all say what weapons it uses.

Edited by Sky Soldier

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, there's more juicy new content in these two videos than like all of Nintendo's e3 presentation. Or maybe I just care a lot about the class tree!

/ Paladin

Cavalier

\

Great Knight

/

Knight

\ General

/ Berserker (axes)

Fighter

\

Hero (swords, axes)

/

Merc

\

Bow knight (swords, bows)

/

Thief

\ Adventurer (bows, staves)

/ Wyvern lord (axes, lances)

Wyvern knight

\ Revenant knight (axes, magic)

/ Sorcerer (magic)

Dark mage

\ Dark knight (magic, swords)

/ Strategist (magic, staves)

Rod knight

\ Maid (hiddens, staves)

Kamui - nohr promotion (swords, magic, dragonstones)

/ Trueblade

Samurai

\ Weapon Master

/ Shura (clubs, magic)

Oni

\ Blacksmith (clubs, swords)

/ Spear saint (lances)

Lancer

\

Basara (lances, magic)

/

Spellcaster

\ Exorcist (magic, staves)

/ Yamabushi (lances, staves)

Priest(ess)

\ War miko (bows, staves)

/ Holy pegasus (lances, staves)

Peg. warrior

\ Golden kite warrior (lances, bows)

/ Bow saint (bows)

Archer

\ ???

/ Jonin (hiddens and swords)

Ninja

\ Puppetmaster (hiddens and bows)

Kamui - Hoshido promotion (swords, staves, dragonstones)

There's my best guess on the layout, in the order they were shown. The only uncertainties are whether lancer's 2nd promotion is weapon master or Basara (lances and magic), and I think the latter is suggested by the video order. Also I have no idea about archers' 2nd promotion, it will either be War Miko or Puppeteer. Maybe even kite warrior, but usually grounded units don't become fliers.

Looks like Hoshido has slightly fewer shared promotions. Lucky them!

Edit: On 2nd thought, Miko and Yamabushi might be gender-locked promotions. That could make Exorcist a shared promotion. And leave me even more confused about archers since I don't feel puppetmaster fits them very well. Who knows???

Edited by Lynsanity

Oh my goodness... Everyone has custom animations!? Orochi can become a lancer?!

I like how Elise started petting her horse at the end of the animation. So kawaii! Sakura does a formal bow which is adorable! And Luna crossed her legs when she was sitting on the horse! The attitude! Their personalities are definitely showing through the animations.

Holy cow, there's more juicy new content in these two videos than like all of Nintendo's e3 presentation. Or maybe I just care a lot about the class tree!

/ Paladin

Cavalier

\

Great Knight

/

Knight

\ General

/ Berserker (axes)

Fighter

\

Hero (swords, axes)

/

Merc

\

/

Thief

Wyvern knight

/ Sorcerer (magic)

Dark mage

Rod knight

\ Maid (hiddens, staves)

/ Trueblade

Samurai

\ Weapon Master

/ Shura (clubs, magic)

Oni

/ Spear saint (lances)

Lancer

\

Basara (lances, magic)

/

Spellcaster

Priest(ess)

Peg. warrior

/ Bow saint (bows)

Archer

\ ???

Ninja

There's my best guess on the layout, in the order they were shown. The only uncertainties are whether lancer's 2nd promotion is weapon master or Basara (lances and magic), and I think the latter is suggested by the video order. Also I have no idea about archers' 2nd promotion, it will either be War Miko or Puppeteer. Maybe even kite warrior, but usually grounded units don't become fliers.

Based on them showing both Priest and Priestess but only showing War Miko (which a distinctly female class name), I think it might be that Priest-->Yamabushi, Priestess-->War Miko, Either-->Exorcist. If so I'd likewise guess Bowman-->Puppeteer.

Watching those animations again makes me wonder if there's actually some character-specific post-attack animations. Charlotte's as a berserker seems very... Charlotte. Luna crosses her legs over her horse in a very Severa-like manner. Then again, a lot of the female classes are getting kinda sassy animations.

/ Paladin

Cavalier

\

Great Knight

/

Knight

\ General

/ Berserker (axes)

Fighter

\

Hero (swords, axes)

/

Merc

\

/

Thief

Wyvern knight

/ Sorcerer (magic)

Dark mage

Rod knight

\ Maid (hiddens, staves)

/ Trueblade

Samurai

\ Weapon Master

/ Shura (clubs, magic)

Oni

/ Spear saint (lances)

Lancer

\

Basara (lances, magic)

/

Spellcaster

Priest(ess)

Peg. warrior

/ Bow saint (bows)

Archer

\ ???

Ninja

Comparing both your suggestions and mine on the fifth page, the crucial thing to know is which way do Lancers promote besides Spearmasters/saints (I still have the feeling Weaponmaster being the more viable answer, because the Nohr and Hoshido Class Rolls seem to get a parallel drawn between Cavalier/Knight and Samurai/Lancer). Then there's the Archer dilemma, which is kinda related to whether the Puppeteer Class counts as a mounted class to compete with the Kite Warrior or not.

And of course I have to add, like egobarrier said, that's more likely there's a Gender-split about which Hybrid Class do the Hoshidan Healers promote into than them forgoing the Magic-focused Exorcist as a promotion...

Edited by AstraSage

It took another rewatch of these videos to realize it I must be on my fifteenth by now but I think I know what helps me love the looks of all these classes.

The animation looks even more fluid and detailed than those in Awakening. I always loved how amazingly detailed and well done the sprite animations in the GBA Fire Emblem games were, but the animations for Awakening felt fairly simple and easy to follow.

These animations, though, feel like they capture the style of those GBA sprites in full 3D perfectly, but with the addition of having far more details and stylistic things than the sprites could have had.

Comparing both your suggestions and mine on the fifth page, the crucial thing to know is which way do Lancers promote besides Spearmasters/saints (I still have the feeling Weaponmaster being the more viable answer, because the Nohr and Hoshido Class Rolls seem to get a parallel drawn between Cavalier/Knight and Samurai/Lancer). Then there's the Archer dilemma, which is kinda related to whether the Puppeteer Class counts as a mounted class to compete with the Kite Warrior or not.

And of course I have to add, like egobarrier said, that's more likely there's a Gender-split about which Hybrid Class do the Hoshidan Healers promote into than them forgoing the Magic-focused Exorcist as a promotion...

I freaking HATE gender splits. Are they seriously going to lock genders again? Last time, women were superior units because they were the only ones with access to Galeforce and all... ... Ugh. I really, really, really hope not. That might mean skills are locked to certain classes again...

I wound up not-watching the video as closely as I should've, because I was too busy concentrating on the voices. The only things I remember are:

- FLYING BOW UNIT, ALL RIGHT~!

- Don't care for the general class, because dropping your weapon in the middle of battle seems silly.

- DO care for the Knight class, because shield bashing is awesome.

- It looks like Nohr's the only one with dark magic? Unless Tsukuyomi/Orochi can wield it or something. Or perhaps dark magic isn't in the game?

- I have no idea how the hell stats play into the Puppeteer class, but its utility conflicts with the absolutely badass representation of the Jounin class. WHY DO YOU DO THIS IS?!

- Mozume amuses me, and I don't know why.

It seems like every class showcase ends with an animation unique to that character, so my guess it that this will be unique to Benoit.

You know, now that I think about it, Kamui's classes reminds me of Max from Shining Force. Well, Max'x promoted class anyway.

It's pretty badass. I wonder if Kamui will be able to do some Majinken with his arm ? :p

Is it just me or does F!Kamui's dragon form have a different colour scheme to M!Kamui's? If so, wonder if/how they've incorporated all these differences into the cutscenes and to what extent. I hope I'm not watching a cutscene with a female Avatar or non-default male Avatar only to see an obvious part of default m!Kamui in the CG animations. I hope at least they change for female, which would make me so happy.

I freaking HATE gender splits. Are they seriously going to lock genders again? Last time, women were superior units because they were the only ones with access to Galeforce and all... ... Ugh. I really, really, really hope not. That might mean skills are locked to certain classes again...

Well, given the pattern so far, I wouldn't be surprised if which Weapon they get access to were the only difference between the Monks and the Maidens... But that's still one good concern you have.

Dark Mage and Sorc still look bad(shame for a good crit), why is it necessary for them to make them so revealing these days? At least Berserker gets armor(but we have no idea about the male ones). Thieves(and Adventurers) seems pretty fancy for a class that sneaks(not that's a bad thing).

As for the Hoshido classes, Blacksmith kinda ticks me design-wise for the open jacket, and Weapon Master's crit is far from great(shame because the class itself looks and seems pretty great to me). I like how Yamabushi looks though.

Hey Charlotte puts on more clothes for her berserker outfit, that's not how berserkers work

but thank Christ she needed it.

PFFFFFT I just noticed the Mana Garu class has a little horn! I looks like a unicorn's!