Famitsu Digital Issue 6/17

Lushiris

I'm personally hesitant to cry out 'spoiler' in regards to Garon & Mikoto joining you. there's no context so I'm not particularily worrying about how spoilery it is too much right now, though I suppose I can see where people are coming from by saying they feel spoiled. (on the other hand, I'm on the side of 'I love spoilers' so lol)

my question is how & why do they join you. if, like others have said, this turns into a Walhart scenario I admit I will be more than slightly salty about it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or there's a second decision. Kamui is default 3rd oldest for both families and thus not actually in line for the throne. Maybe after you've murdered all of the opposing side's children you have the option to betray your current family and join up as the eldest living child?

Garon and Mikoto being playable on both sides does not make any logical sense whatsoever. This has to be a translation error otherwise they better have a VERY good reason for them joining forces other than the "There is a bigger threat, so we must join forces" cliché.

That'd be the third path, most likely.

Sigh... so many pages and so little new information learned... I'm calling it now, the Blue Maid is the true villain of both routes. That's why they refuse to reveal any information on her.

I think people need to calm down about the Garon/Mikoto thing.

The two most likely reasons for this are A. They are both playable in the pre-route split chapters, or B They are spotpass characters (shiver).

I'm in the "it's a mistake" boat.

In the same issue, there's an erroneous text box about the Fire Emblem Cipher, plus somebody trying to tap Marth's Amiibo with a Wii U to unlock content in this game...

Meanwhile, a previous issue said "effective hits triple damage", which seems unlikely given the example of Tsubaki getting shot down in a prior issue.

Given the context, by the time they wise up, you've probably killed all your siblings on the opposing side anyways.

Or injured them to the point they can't fight. But yah, right now I see two possible scenarios for both Garon and Mikoto joining both routes:

A) Late game, after the "real threat" is revealed. By that time, other siblings can't join because of see above.

B) Depending on route, one or both of them only join in a limited fashion, for specific chapters and what not. Think of a certain character from Radiant Dawn.

I'm confused by this info still, but if it's accurate, it does bring up one hope for me, which is that there may be more to Garon than just "Muahahahahaahhaha I'M EVIL MAUAUAUAAUAUAA" like he seems like so far. A more nuanced villain might be nice.

Everything we thought we knew has been shot down, and we go blindly into the big yonder. We do not know where the stories will go, and we have no idea what will happen! Everything beyond the choice is a big question mark now, and I'm loving every second of it!

Everything we thought we knew has been shot down, and we go blindly into the big yonder. We do not know where the stories will go, and we have no idea what will happen! Everything beyond the choice is a big question mark now, and I'm loving every second of it!

This. This, so much.

But based on what we know so far, Garon's main goal is to completely crush Hoshido so why would he join forces with them? Especially after you've presumably killed most if not all of the Hoshido siblings and their subordinates.

Like Vincent said, Famitsu makes mistakes. It's nothing new. Any number of scenarios could have led to that. For example, maybe they didn't have any symbol denoting which game they were recruited in, and whoever was making the chart misunderstood that to mean "both" rather than "neither."

That's not to say Garon and Mikoto couldn't be recruitable, even in both paths, but if they are (and it's not on Chapter 7 or something) Nintendo likely wouldn't have Famitsu reveal that kind of information. Even if they do turn out to be recruitable I won't view this as a spoiler, just an amusing coincidence.

One interesting possibility that just came to me involves Aqua. We've seen a whole lot about how Kamui is viewed by both the Hoshido and the Nohr, but we know practically nothing about Aqua. The very first trailer showed her dancing in Garon's thrown room. Perhaps Garon still has some affection for Aqua (perhaps she was even his favored child before being kidnapped.)

Perhaps her kidnapping occurred first and Garon retaliated?

That's what I assumed to be the main idea of Kamui's kidnapping, child for child, but I don't exactly remember where I got that assumption from...

Perhaps her kidnapping occurred first and Garon retaliated?

I always thought that Kamui was taken first & then Hoshido retaliated & took Aqua. however, maybe that was what my own mind conjured. thinking about it now, I don't recall it ever being stated who was taken first, just that their situations are similar.

but then this poses the question: if Hoshido is so goody-goody, why would they initiate a kidnapping? my distrust for Hoshido strengthens.

*Wild speculation/fanfic mode on*

I can see it now. Hoshido is winning the war. Kamui has killed all his adopted siblings, Garon's forces are shattered, and he retreats into his castle to brood and await the end. But the real enemy is revealed, distracting Hoshido from eliminating Garon, and something happens to Kamui, either he goes berserk or is captured. And Aqua realizes that there is a way to save/rescue him... with Garon's help. So she secretly sneaks into the castle and approaches him.

Garon: "Who is there? Oh. *Hmmp!* I didn't expect it would be you they'd send to kill me."

Aqua: "Hello, father. I am not here to kill you."

Garon: "Is that so? Tell me something. We treated Kamui as family. Gods know his siblings dotted on him and were too soft hearted with him. I was stern, but no more so than with my blood children. You, on the other hand, were treated by the Hoshido as nothing but a tool. You were never loved, never respected, and never viewed as family. How is it then that it was not you joining Kamui to fight for the Nohr? Why was it the other way around?"

Aqua: "Kamui betrayed Nohr because what you were doing was wrong. And I stayed with Hoshido for Kamui's sake. That is all."

Garon: "It's that simple?"

Aqua: "Yes. And it is for Kamui's sake that I am here now."

Garon: "Ohhh. So the rumors are true. Little brat got himself in trouble. I can't say I'm displeased. Tell me girl, what makes you think that I would lift a finger to help Kamui? The boy murdered all my children. I want him to suffer and die painfully."

Aqua: "What makes me think you'll help? Because all your children are not dead, yet. You have one left. And I am going to try and save Kamui, with or without your help. But without it, I will almost certainly fail. And then, all your children will be dead."

Garon: "!!!"

Aqua: "I don't have time to argue. I am leaving to help Kamui now. Come with me if you will, or stay here and wait to die. It's your choice."

Garon: "You! ...damn you, girl."

After this, when Garon/Aqua save Kamui, the Hoshido will be horrified that Aqua brought Garon into it, but slightly accepting because it worked. And then you will be given the choice of either executing Garon on the spot, or sparing his life. If you spare his life, Garon will mock you, asking you if you think you're showing mercy by letting him live, but you'll respond that no, you know that it is no mercy for him to continue to live after all that has happened, which will cause him to mutter about how you're finally learning. And then he will continue to fight on your side, for Aqua's sake, against the real final villain.

Maybe the reason both parents are listed for both routes is because they join you temporarily at the beginning. First chapter Garon is a unit and gives you the tutorial to fight, and it's sort of a "yes child show me the combat you've learned." thing

And in chapter 4 or something when you spend time with Hoshido after getting there you spend a chapter with the queen as she explains more complex stuff to you about team up and other stuff.

So technically no matter what path you end up choosing, they joined before that even happened.

Has anyone translated what Asama's and Setsuna's personal skills are (just not sure if I missed it)?

Also I saw something saying Asama described as mountaineer? So I'm guessing he's named after Mount Asama. He's got a great design though, don't think I commented on it yet.

Has anyone translated what Asama's and Setsuna's personal skills are (just not sure if I missed it)?

Also I saw something saying Asama described as mountaineer? So I'm guessing he's named after Mount Asama. He's got a great design though, don't think I commented on it yet.

He really does. I especially like his armor when he promotes.

Speculation on recruitable Garon/Mikoto aside, my favourite part of this week's Famitsu is probably the caption for the screenshot with Sakura on page 116.

"Skinship in your room. With your own sister. Skinship with your sister in your bedroom."

Even Famitsu's editors couldn't resist the urge to poke fun at the amie feature.

Asama's personal skill causes any enemy that attacks him from an adjacent space when he is unarmed to take half of the damage inflicted to Asama. Setsuna's skill multiplies healing received from stave users by 1.5.

Edited by Icy Toast

Asama's personal skill causes any enemy that attacks him from an adjacent space when he is unarmed to take half of the damage inflicted to Asama. Setsuna's skill multiplies healing received from stave users by 1.5.

Awesome. Thanks!