Camilla doesn't seem very slutty at all

Espinosa

Many people have voiced concern about Camilla's presence in the game highlighting the worst kind of fan service that Intelligent System is said to have dabbled in, but judging by the trailers and the sources we have it appears that this may not be a problem at all. Camilla behaves respectfully in these trailers, doesn't expose much flesh or do anything provocative - her actions show a genuine compassion to the protagonist, and are a far cry from what you expect from a generic sex doll.

Has the way you feel about Camilla changed since you first learnt about her?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me, she shows far too much compassion, more than I'd ever be comfortable with if I were Kamui.

However, as for the topic at hand, I believe most people here didn't expect Camilla to ACT in a provocative manner since her character bio mentioned nothing of the sort. What people have complained about - and still do - is her design, which still remains...odd, at the very least.

I never thought she was slutty because her personality is fine. I think Charlotte is, though, what with her self-purposed fanservice appeal.

If you ask me, she shows far too much compassion, more than I'd ever be comfortable with if I were Kamui.

I hope it is just a beta translation mistake. I didn't like Xander calling Kamui 'little prince' in an afective tone as well. The dialogue showed so far was disappointing.

Edited by Rapier

She seems more melancholic and mature than anything else to be honest.

I mean what, she had one 'fanservice' moment and that's it.

Keep telling yourself that. :p

Edited by B.Leu

We've kinda known that both families are affectionate towards Kamui....

Being affectionate is one way. Calling him "my little prince" makes Kamui seem like a 9 year-old child. Couldn't Xander just say "my dear brother"? It could even lead to an interesting response, should Kamui side with Hoshido ("We were never brothers").

Xander and Camilla treat him like a child. I'm not sure whether it is normal for older brothers to treat younger siblings like this, but I don't think so.

Edited by Rapier

It's not so much her character as her character design. Unlike someone like Charlotte, her revealing design has nothing to do with her personality, and it leads to fanservice that's really awkwardly placed.

Me neither. I never expected that, and Belka's description said that Camilla really like strong women, and always keep Belka close to her as one of her favorite ones. I think she really might act cold to men besides her cute little Kamui

While my opinion regarding Camilla has changed since she was first revealed, it has nothing to do with her promiscuity or lack thereof, nor her design. It's simply that the evidence that she's a crazy yandere is piling up and I really hate that character type.

Well, to be honest, I never thought much about Camilla at first. Or any of them really. I liked some of their designs, and disliked others. For Camilla though... she seems interesting at least now. Her incredible affection towards Kamui is a bit confusing. Like, does she know they're not blood related? Or does she think they are? I doubt Garon told anyone he was adopted, so it's possible she thinks they're blood relatives, which makes her rather intense affection for Kamui a bit... much.

Over all, I rather like how she's turned out, and I'm glad she's got an actual personality rather then just as a fanservice item.

Me neither. I never expected that, and Belka's description said that Camilla really like strong women, and always keep Belka close to her as one of her favorite ones. I think she really might act cold to men besides her cute little Kamui

Are we sure Belka's description says that Camilla likes strong women, or is it Belka who likes strong women and serves Camilla because Camilla is strong? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but the only translation I read on Belka was a really early one, and the English wording used could be implied either way. I assume a more accurate translation is around now?

Being affectionate is one way. Calling him "my little prince" makes Kamui seem like a 9 year-old child. Couldn't Xander just say "my dear brother"? It could even lead to an interesting response, should Kamui side with Hoshido ("We were never brothers").

Xander and Camilla treat him like a child. I'm not sure whether it is normal for older brothers to treat younger siblings like this, but I don't think so.

While I don't know how sibling dynamic works in Japan, as a younger brother my siblings treat me like a child to this day, and I turn 21 in less than a month.

So not totally off base.

It's (gasp) almost as if some women dress in ways that show off their body despite not being obsessed with landing a sex partner or "slutty" or whatever we're calling it.

I can think of plenty of ways in which what we've learned of Camilla's personality might fit with the way she dresses (e.g. she enjoys the feeling of power she gains by having others desire her while being able to turn down anyone and everyone she wishes) but the simplest explanation is that's just how she feels like dressing, and that's the only explanation anyone else is owed.

Obviously Camilla is a fictional character and thus she "feels" whatever the writers want her to feel, so of course her "feelings" need to be taken with a grain of salt with respect to her character design. Notably, I would have a problem with a game where everyone dressed as she did, because that would have some implications about the game designers' views on the role of women which would be very problematic. But when it's only seen on a small number of characters, that's completely fair and very true to real life. And frankly I prefer revealing clothes to not be the exclusive province of villains and seductresses like Sonia, Aversa, and Charlotte, because that also has some very unfortuntate implications.

Also to be clear, I have zero problem with people disliking Camilla's design. That's completely valid! I do have a problem with people thinking that she needs to act in a certain way to justify said design.

(Sorry for the rant.)

While I don't know how sibling dynamic works in Japan, as a younger brother my siblings treat me like a child to this day, and I turn 21 in less than a month.

So not totally off base.

I also treat my little brother like that and we're both adults

Both of these. I respect my little brother as an adult but he'll always be little brother (and I do so enjoy pointing that out sometimes like when playing games against him). I would think also the bigger the age gap the more pronounced it would be IMO.

. And frankly I prefer revealing clothes to not be the exclusive province of villains and seductresses like Sonia, Aversa, and Charlotte, because that also has some very unfortuntate implications.

Yah, I can see that, and it's one of the reasons why I'm more forgiving about Camilla's design than when I first saw it. I still think it's a bit over complicated and silly, with the boob belt and the panty window and all that, but I'm fine with (and even happy with) having a "sexy" character design that's not some evil temptress. And so I can tolerate some of the sillier parts of her design.

I never thought Camilla was a slut or anything. I just think she looks like one with her ridiculous cleavage, balloon boobs, and battle panties. She doesn't look like a doting, loving older sister to me at all. Far too in-your-face fanservice, imo. I don't like Charlotte's cleavage and balloon boobs either, but at least her personality actually fits her design.

And Camilla only made me like her less with her smiley critical cut-in. She even says something like "you're a cute one, time to die" in it according to SoC's translation. Just...wtf...

I never thought Camilla was a slut or anything. I just think she looks like one with her ridiculous cleavage, balloon boobs, and battle panties. She doesn't look like a doting, loving older sister to me at all. Far too in-your-face fanservice, imo. I don't like Charlotte's cleavage and balloon boobs either, but at least her personality actually fits her design.

And Camilla only made me like her less with her smiley critical cut-in. She even says something like "you're a cute one, time to die" in it according to SoC's translation. Just...wtf...

Olivia from Awakening must "look like a slut" to you too then she her outfit has cleavage, panties and shows even more skin than Camilla's.

Olivia from Awakening must "look like a slut" to you too then she her outfit has cleavage, panties and shows even more skin than Camilla's.

Except Olivia is a dancer which tends to wear outfits like that. Not a freaking wyvern rider. And imo, Camilla's cleavage is still worse.

Edited by Anacybele

Except Olivia is a dancer which tends to wear outfits like that. Not a freaking wyvern rider. And imo, Camilla's cleavage is still worse.

What about Frederick? Frederick is a Great Knight. You can see the outline of his genitals, but he's not a man-slut:

Frederick_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

Edited by Chiki

What about Frederick? Frederick is a Great Knight. You can see the outline of his genitals, but he's not a man-slut:

Frederick_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png

Well it was down there. We usually saw his upper portrait in-game. You didn't have to see it constantly when playing the game.

On that note, it's not her design I don't like. It's just... I dunno, something about her seems off.