Camilla doesn't seem very slutty at all

Espinosa

Except Olivia is a dancer which tends to wear outfits like that. Not a freaking wyvern rider. And imo, Camilla's cleavage is still worse.

That honestly just sounds like a lame excuse.

There is nothing wrong with big breasts. Breasts come in all different sizes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Olivia is a dancer which tends to wear outfits like that. Not a freaking wyvern rider. And imo, Camilla's cleavage is still worse.

This points a major design flaw on Camilla. She's a wyvern rider. That means flying in the skies, and on the back of a scaled beastie. And what does she wear? Revealing armour, and nothing covering her pelvic region, save for her panties. Imagine the scrapes that wyverns scales are giving her ass and thighs? Not to mention the higher you go in the sky, the colder it gets. She has to be freezing when she flies.

Well it was down there. We usually saw his upper portrait in-game. You didn't have to see it constantly when playing the game.

On that note, it's not her design I don't like. It's just... I dunno, something about her seems off.

Doesn't change the fact that it's there, though.

This points a major design flaw on Camilla. She's a wyvern rider. That means flying in the skies, and on the back of a scaled beastie. And what does she wear? Revealing armour, and nothing covering her pelvic region, save for her panties. Imagine the scrapes that wyverns scales are giving her ass and thighs? Not to mention the higher you go in the sky, the colder it gets. She has to be freezing when she flies.

Why don't I see anyone complaining about other characters like Frederick and Vaike about this? I'm serious when I say this: it's not a good idea to go into battle with your genitals so exposed (Frederick) or chest exposed (Vaike). Fire Emblem has stupid designs; Camilla's far from the only one. No big deal here.

Edited by Chiki

Cherche had almost her whole back, her hips and her upper back thighs exposed, and she pulled it off just fine.

Camilla is wearing just about the same amount of clothing as Cherche does, except she shows off her front half instead of her back.

Cherche had almost her whole back, her hips and her upper back thighs exposed, and she pulled it off just fine.

Camilla is wearing just about the same amount of clothing as Cherche does, except she shows off her front half instead of her back.

This isn't the issue, the issue is the lower half. It would hurt a riders thighs like absolute hell.

FE has been guilty of this one for a very long time however.

There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of your back. I don't care about that. Battle panties, balloon boobs, and cleavage were what I mentioned, not now much skin was showing and where it was showing.

That honestly just sounds like a lame excuse.

Uh, pardon me, but you're talking to someone that was born into a family of dancers and even danced for a little while herself. I saw all kinds of female dancers in my family's group too, and they often wore outfits in the recitals that showed a lot of skin, including bikinis and whatnot. It's practical AND appealing because dancers have to be able to move around quite a bit and be quite flexible. Thus, the outfits have to be kind of minimal and stretchy so it's not uncomfortable to move around the way dancers do.

Edited by Anacybele

This isn't the issue, the issue is the lower half. It would hurt a riders thighs like absolute hell.

FE has been guilty of this one for a very long time however.

Yeah, and Cherche's lower half is almost the same as Camilla's.

She has armor up the side of her thigh like Camilla, has on clothing that is just about as short as panties and has her back thighs exposed to the scales.

I wouldn't call her a slut because of her appearance/clothing/personality/whatever because... she isn't a slut as far as we know lol?

but I admit, I'm not a fan of her design. then again I'm not super ecstatic about any of Yusuke's designs; his art & style is very nice to look at but his actual designs don't sit right with me? (for the record, I don't mean just his FE designs)

the main gripe I do have about Camilla however is her boob seat belt hahah but nah, I don't think she is/will be a slut.

Yeah, and Cherche's lower half is almost the same as Camilla's.

She has armor up the side of her thigh like Camilla, has on clothing that is just about as short as panties and has her back thighs exposed to the scales.

Exactly. Both are equally bad in that regard.

Doesn't change the fact that it's there, though.

Why don't I see anyone complaining about other characters like Frederick and Vaike about this? I'm serious when I say this: it's not a good idea to go into battle with your genitals so exposed (Frederick) or chest exposed (Vaike). Fire Emblem has stupid designs; Camilla's far from the only one. No big deal here.

Wasn't complaining. I like Fire Emblem character designs, for the most part. Camilla's isn't bad either. I'm just pointing out it's a major design flaw considering her class.

Gotta point out, Frederick is sitting on his horse. If his genitals aren't safe from the back of a horse, then he's probably dead anyways. Vaike's is stupid though. No real armour save around his neck? That's asking to get gutted.

Then Cherche has a foolish design flaw as well. I never really cared about Cherche anyways, other then to get Gerome, so I never paid her any attention.

But, foolish design flaws or not, considering their classes, I do like the designs of most of the characters. Including Camilla.

Gotta point out, Frederick is sitting on his horse. If his genitals aren't safe from the back of a horse, then he's probably dead anyways. Vaike's is stupid though. No real armour save around his neck? That's asking to get gutted.

Wouldn't wearing armor over his crotch area make it uncomfortable to sit on his horse though? I admit that I found Frederick's crotch to be a bit awkward though, as much as I love the guy.

Just because his balls are safe from enemy attack doesn't mean his balls are completely safe. During a battle, imagine his horse stopped/jumped suddenly, which forced Frederick to jump too, and he hit his penis and testicles on the back of his horse (with weight on his torso added on by his huge armor). How do you think that would feel? It could distract him and get him killed during a battle.

Edited by Chiki

There is a Camilla discussion thread. There's a thread on characters looks and how they make you feel about them. This thread is completely 100% unnecessary and could have fit into either of those and I'm starting to hate her just because there's certain people on this forum who seem to be unable to stop making threads about her or derailing other threads into being about her to the point that it feels like spam. For gods sake it is not difficult to look through this forum and see if there are already threads about things.

Exactly. Both are equally bad in that regard.

Precisely, which is why it is silly to think that Camilla's design is dumb for wyvern riders when she isn't the only one who is guilty of this problem.

Funny enough, Cherche didn't get nearly as much criticism over her outfit as Camilla does. The only reason Camilla really draws attention is because of her boobs, which actually have very little to do with the whole wyvern design problem.

There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of your back. I don't care about that. Battle panties, balloon boobs, and cleavage were what I mentioned, not now much skin was showing and where it was showing.

Uh, pardon me, but you're talking to someone that was born into a family of dancers and even danced for a little while herself. I saw all kinds of female dancers in my family's group too, and they often wore outfits in the recitals that showed a lot of skin, including bikinis and whatnot. It's practical AND appealing because dancers have to be able to move around quite a bit and be quite flexible. Thus, the outfits have to be kind of minimal and stretchy so it's not uncomfortable to move around the way dancers do.

That reply was addressing the person who I actually replied to, not you.

About half of the dancers in the Fire Emblem series are either fully covered or have on proper pants at least.

Some also have on shirts that show a little stomach with skirts, but don't really show any cleavage, so they don't really seem exposed.

Edited by Sumia

Ninian is the only dancer I've seen in this series that is anywhere near totally covered. And the one dancer I saw that's from FE4, I think, is even more revealing than Olivia, imo.

Wouldn't wearing armor over his crotch area make it uncomfortable to sit on his horse though? I admit that I found Frederick's crotch to be a bit awkward though, as much as I love the guy.

That's why full armour never actually covered the crotch, except with light and flexible armour. Because it would be too uncomfortable, and it would restrict movement. I was just saying that, if his genitals aren't safe from the enemy while he's riding on a horse, then chances are, the rest of him, armour or not, isn't safe either.

Just because his balls are safe from enemy attack doesn't mean his balls are completely safe. During a battle, imagine his horse stopped/jumped suddenly, which forced Frederick to jump too, and he hit his penis and testicles on the back of his horse (with weight on his torso added on by his huge armor). How do you think that would feel? It could distract him and get him killed during a battle.

That's the price you pay for mounted combat. Not to mention he'd have training in an effort to prevent this very thing, and if he still hurt them, it's just bad luck.

Regardless, this thread is about Camilla's design, and I think we're all getting too far off topic.

That's the price you pay for mounted combat. Not to mention he'd have training in an effort to prevent this very thing, and if he still hurt them, it's just bad luck.

Regardless, this thread is about Camilla's design, and I think we're all getting too far off topic.

You can't train to stop gravity lol. His balls are gonna smash into the back of his horse if he jumps, end of story.

Also, it's not off topic. My argument is this: people complain excessively about Camilla's design, when they don't complain about equally stupid designs, like Frederick's, Vaike's, Cherche's and so on.

Ninian is the only dancer I've seen in this series that is anywhere near totally covered. And the one dancer I saw that's from FE4, I think, is even more revealing than Olivia, imo.

Ninian is also the resident mysterious dragon (or otherwise linked to dragons) girl. Her being way more covered than past dancers fit her. Unlike Olivia.

Why does every thread about Camilla explode and derail horribly? What is it about her that so many people like?

...On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have asked that last question.

While I do think her battle armor lingerie is dumb, I've never expected her to be slutty. I actually liked her character just fine. But now that I've seen some of her dialog...

"Please, Corrin, don’t fight him...My dear, sweet Corrin..."

"Oh, my darling Corrin! It is wonderful to see you again."

...come on now, who talks like that? That's past doting big sister; it's closer to the overbearing affection I'd expect from a newlywed. I hope that's just a sign of the translation being in an awkward stage.