Camilla doesn't seem very slutty at all

Espinosa

Precisely, which is why it is silly to think that Camilla's design is dumb for wyvern riders when she isn't the only one who is guilty of this problem.

Funny enough, Cherche didn't get nearly as criticism much criticism over her outfit as Camilla does. The only reason Camilla really draws attention is because of her boobs, which actually have very little to do with the whole wyvern design problem.

Just because Cherche's design is equally silly and counter intuitive to her class doesn't mean Camilla's design gets a free pass. I'm pretty sure that about every female Wyvern Rider in the series has armor on as the class in canon is supposed to be a tank. Camilla's design also loses further merit because both Belka and Crimson, the other two Wyvern Riders wear armor, which stays true to how the class has generally looked.

You can't train to stop gravity lol. His balls are gonna smash into the back of his horse if he jumps, end of story.

Also, it's not off topic. My argument is this: people complain excessively about Camilla's design, when they don't complain about equally stupid designs, like Frederick's, Vaike's, Cherche's and so on.

Not to go even further off topic with the whole "Frederick's junk thing" but Camilla's Armor does not cover up her chest which is obviously where her heart is. Practically speaking most people are going to aim for the chest if it is exposed on a mounted enemy then the groin. Also the Frederick thing is obsolete because it isn't revealing in the way Camilla is. If Camilla wore something to cover her chest. but her chest was still prominent in her design, people wouldn't complain because she is still covered up while still keeping her voluptuous design. If Frederick didn't wear pants, I could see this being a fair point, but he does which makes this argument make no sense and is overall dumb as his armor is practical in a way where it would protect his vital areas.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't train to stop gravity lol. His balls are gonna smash into the back of his horse if he jumps, end of story.

Also, it's not off topic. My argument is this: people complain excessively about Camilla's design, when they don't complain about equally stupid designs, like Frederick's, Vaike's, Cherche's and so on.

Very well, if it's not off topic, then of the three names you've listed, only Fredericks isn't stupid. That bump in his pants happens to people. You must have worn pants before, right? Have your pants never bunched up to make it look like you've got big genitals? Mine have. Even if that isn't the case here, and he does have big genitals, does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to ride a horse?

And AlphaZero pointed out another thing. Frederick wears pants. His large genitals, or bunching pants, aside, that should prevent people from bringing him into something like this.

Edited: Also, most saddles are designed so a man doesn't hurt his balls while riding. And the only real way to do this, for a properly trained rider, is if you're riding incorrectly. We've been riding horses for thousands of years after all, hell, the Greeks rode naked, so, if it hurt men to ride, we wouldn't bother.

Edited by The Archsage

You're really comparing a man wearing pants that has a bulge to a woman whose boobs are hanging out and has a panty window? Seriously? People already think the Great Knight class from Awakening is too clunky. Adding armor around the crotch would look ridiculous and wouldn't be practical for a mounted unit.

Edited: Also, most saddles are designed so a man doesn't hurt his balls while riding. And the only real way to do this, for a properly trained rider, is if you're riding incorrectly. We've been riding horses for thousands of years after all, hell, the Greeks rode naked, so, if it hurt men to ride, we wouldn't bother.

Fair point. And on this point, I watched the Triple Crown, and I noticed a distinct lack of crouch armor on the jockeys.

Very well, if it's not off topic, then of the three names you've listed, only Fredericks isn't stupid. That bump in his pants happens to people. You must have worn pants before, right? Have your pants never bunched up to make it look like you've got big genitals? Mine have. Even if that isn't the case here, and he does have big genitals, does that mean he shouldn't be allowed to ride a horse?

And AlphaZero pointed out another thing. Frederick wears pants. His large genitals, or bunching pants, aside, that should prevent people from bringing him into something like this.

If only it were just a mere bulge. I'm not denying most men have that. Look at his official art again though. He's wearing very tight pants and he has a HUGE bulge. You can tell that he's either very well-endowed or.. well, you know what I mean by the second one. If guys walked around like that in real life, they'd get a lot of stares and photos taken. As a real life example, Jon Hamm had a lot of photos taken of his pants when he walked around like that. I won't post those photos here, but you can Google and see for yourself. I'm just asking for something to cover it up.

You're really comparing a man wearing pants that has a bulge to a woman whose boobs are hanging out and has a panty window? Seriously? People already think the Great Knight class from Awakening is too clunky. Adding armor around the crotch would look ridiculous and wouldn't be practical for a mounted unit.

See reply above. It's not a mere bulge.

I repeat: please don't complain about Camilla in particular when there are other stupid design examples out there, like Frederick, Vaike, Cherche, and Orochi.

Oh btw Orochi's design is retarded since you can almost see her pubic region, why don't people talk about her?

Orochi_portrait.png

Edited by Chiki

If only it were just a mere bulge. I'm not denying most men have that. Look at his official art again though. He's wearing very tight pants and he has a HUGE bulge. You can tell that he's either very well-endowed or.. well, you know what I mean by the second one. If guys walked around like that in real life, they'd get a lot of stares and photos taken. As a real life example, Jon Hamm had a lot of photos taken of his pants when he walked around like that. I won't post those photos here, but you can Google and see for yourself. I'm just asking for something to cover it up.

I'm sure if someone walked around looking like Camilla, they would attract even more attention because she doesn't even make an effort to cover herself up.

Oh btw Orochi's design is retarded since you can almost see her pubic region, why don't people talk about her?

People don't complain about her as much because her design matches her character. From what we've seen, Orochi's supposed to be promiscuous as shown by her way of "persuading" captured units. Vaike's a borderline narcissist so it would kinda make sense for him to walk around like that . Camilla's design makes no sense because all we know about her is that she is doting to Kamui, Prefers the company of strong women, and being a maternal figure to her siblings. There is absolutely no reason for her to dress like this given what we know about her character. I'm sure most people wouldn't guess her personality based on her design alone.

I'm sure if someone walked around looking like Camilla, they would attract even more attention because she doesn't even make an effort to cover herself up.

People don't complain about her as much because her design matches her character. From what we've seen, Orochi's supposed to be promiscuous as shown by her way of "persuading" captured units. Vaike's a borderline narcissist so it would kinda make sense for him to walk around like that . Camilla's design makes no sense because all we know about her is that she is doting to Kamui, Prefers the company of strong women, and being a maternal figure to her siblings. There is absolutely no reason for her to dress like this given what we know about her character. I'm sure most people wouldn't guess her personality based on her design alone.

Thanks to Hollywood, exposing cleavage is no longer as big of a deal as it was before.

Also, Frederick's penis being exposed makes no sense either.

How does Orochi persuade captured units? I never saw that.

Thanks to Hollywood, exposing cleavage is no longer as big of a deal as it was before.

Also, Frederick's penis being exposed makes no sense either.

How does Orochi persuade captured units? I never saw that.

1. Hollywood standards are different from real life standards

2. Fredierick's penis isn't exposed, he is wearing pants and on a m mount

3. It's implied that Orochi pleasures the captive in some way in order for him to join, it is unknown if she is simply doing something similar to the DQ8 puff puff scene or if she is straight up having sex with the captive.

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fire-emblem-4tt.jpg

I think I've pointed this out before, but excluding the shadow dragon version of Minerva, Camilla actually wears more armor than any other (playable, I forgot about Ashnard) wyvern rider or pegasus knight in the history of the series.

People have just been complaining about her so they have something to talk about, so there's not much point in acknowledging them.

Pretty much I don't like Camilla's design because it's not practical on a character that's expected to tank a lot of hits.

Camilla's chest is open for any attacks. The heart, sternum, and lungs are right there. The sternum can shatter, which can puncture lungs and/or rupture the aorta. This is actually the worrying thing in regards to "breast-sculpted armor" that you might see on Cordelia--but it gets a pass because some people figure it's armor that covers the breasts.

If anyone is curious on what is actually the best thoracic armor for women, it's more like Cherche's--a men's armor. What you want is to redirect the attack, not bring it towards the sternum, which is what "breast-sculpted armor" does.

While we can talk about other characters with ridiculous outfits (I can have a remark for about every character in regards to "practicality), there's also a limit we need to set. What about anyone with their neck exposed? The jugular is right there. Head exposed? Your brain.

[spoiler=So what about Vaike and etc.?]

Vaike is artistic liberty but just as dangerous if not more. This might get a pass because of the artistic liberty (we imagine Fighters as tough and reckless; being armorless on top pretty much defines that). It's eye candy for those that like Vaike, but no, in practicality standards, it's bad. But then we'd have to get rid of axes. Axes are not the most practical weapon, you know.

Cherche can be just as bad if she's attacked from the back. I'm not sure how far deep an arrow or magic bolt would have to go to reach her vital organs. I've never been a fan of the exposed leg bit--why does it need to be there?--so can't say much there. There's gameplay and reality separation here because we NEVER see attacks from the back (see: Disgaea and Jeanne d'Arc, where where you're facing actually matters), so this makes it even harder to imagine in-game.

I'm not knowledgeable on horse-riding armor but this is what I gathered for infantry armor: The exposed crotch area for Frederick actually can be expected. It's comfort and flexibility. Remember that that area also links the legs together, and you need to be able to shift your legs at least somewhat comfortably. What should have been expected was for the main armor to wrap around his entire legs up until getting to his crotch--then you put chain mail around the crotch area. I think it would be chain mail and then pants but that's my guess.

I don't even know what the Pokemon Sabrina cuffs are doing on Orochi (are they weights? hand cuffs? someone tell me; I see chains but the ones in Pokemon don't; they're both magic-users in some way so does it heighten magic? I have no idea). Orochi as a Spellcaster is more or less consistent with the rule that the magic-users be less armored than the physical units (they're not expected to get up close), which is why the argument between Orochi vs. Camilla is not as consistent. But if you want me to be frank, if I were to design magic-users, I would at least put leather patches over their vitals at the very least. It's flexible, durable, and more comfortable--and we need to get some variety instead of always getting robes in every game that has a magic-user.

There's definitely a certain dissonance between her supposed personality and how she's designed. I think it's a moot argument whether it's realistic or not though, since that's a big damn slippery slope when you're in anime land. You can't take two steps without tripping over a crazy outfit no human would realistically wear. And that's fine. The advantage of animation is that you can be fantastic and abstract, doing things that could never actually happen. Gotta embrace the stylistic insanity.

What bothers me is when outfits appear to be designed solely for a kind of adolescent titillation, and serves the character no purpose (or indeed, appears to exist contrary to their actual natures). Nothing wrong with boobs. See, I'd like Camilla's design if she was presented as a sex-positive female who's super comfortable with her figure and wants everyone to know it, or is just similarly empowered. Or a slut, if that's what you want to say. But the information on her suggests none of these things, so instead it strikes as a crass contradiction to how she supposedly behaves -- breaking the fourth wall in a weird way, as I'm unable to believe she would dress that way herself. Sex appeal just for the sake of sex appeal, because apparently that's more important than creating a cohesive character design.

Call it a pet peeve.

Practical? What does practical got to do in an anime kind of game, when you got characters such as tharja, cherche, vaike etc. Oh and please don't give reasonings like because tharja is a mage thus she can dress scandalously, vaike got a free pass because he is a fighter, cherche front armor protect her etc.

Like come on, this happens most often for Japanese or Korean games, less so for western. I am not even sure why everyone is arguing over such a minor problem. I have to admit carmilia design is a bit contradictory, but to make such a big fuss over it? Tharja design is also quite contradictory but she is fan service so she get a free pass?

Breast-plates are by nature, such as Cordelia's etc are actually very bad armor design and not practical at all. It is just artistic liberty and I am OK with it as this is just a game and we should expect that fantasy design does take things a bit far, like tharja? *scoff*

This points a major design flaw on Camilla. She's a wyvern rider. That means flying in the skies, and on the back of a scaled beastie. And what does she wear? Revealing armour, and nothing covering her pelvic region, save for her panties. Imagine the scrapes that wyverns scales are giving her ass and thighs? Not to mention the higher you go in the sky, the colder it gets. She has to be freezing when she flies.

Vaida. Just.. Vaida. She has skin being shown on her legs and I don't see anyone complaining about her design being "impractical." She would be chafing and freezing just as much as Camilla. -_-

Guys you're missing the most important point of all.

Camilla's your sister, and has doted on you since you were a kid.

Do you really want to look at your sister/mother figure's cleavage and panties?

I've actually thought of that. Can you imagine how Xander and Leon would feel seeing their sister's business all the time.

I've actually thought of that. Can you imagine how Xander and Leon would feel seeing their sister's business all the time.

Indifferent? Seriously.

*slowly points to everyone who has ever talked about her body in a positive way*

Personally I find both fronts of this argument annoying, as that is what it is, an argument. I'm seriously tired of coming on here every day only to find a new topic talking about Camilla and her design/personality. Seriously, people have differing views, just learn to respect that and move on and if for whatever reason you still want to 'discuss' it with others then there are already tons of topics dedicated to the same exact thing.

Whew, feels good to get that off my chest.

So far, the main complaint has boiled down to Wyvern Riders being tanks. But she's a Revenant Knight. Those use magic. What single non FE4 magic class besides Dread Fighter has been able to tank? Sure, she's capable of close combat, but so are other frail classes. Heck, berserkers for example. Axes, little clothes, strength, little defense. Camilla seems to follow cues from FE:A Dark Knight, Aversa, and the FE:A Dark Mages (which, for whatever reason had defense despite their thin clothes).

So really, this is all such bullcrap that it evolves into love or hate based on a design rather than a personality. Most seem to take a look at her body and carry those feelings over when it comes to her personality on here.

Edited by Only MU V2

I'm amazed this discussion is still going on. Camilla's been getting debated to death since her debut, minus a week or 2 where Charlotte stole some attention from her. I've already said how I feel about her design (short version: asides from the exposed chest, she's actually VERY well armored but I don't like her panty opening) in any of the other many threads dedicated to Camilla.

From her siblings POV absolutely not. I'm sure they're indifferent. I certainly can't think of the last time my sister had hers out because I don't look for it when she does.

It's just virgins who think cleavage = slutty that think Camilla is a slut.

Seems like you are insinuating being a virgin is a bad thing. I believe the more appropriate term you are looking for is immature.

Welp, time to throw my two cents onto this board like a tomato at a bad comedian.

As for her design in practical terms, I have learned to look beyond that. As a student of military history, and with my favorite eras being the High Middle Ages and Renaissance (the two most common period for fantasy, including Fire Emblem, to draw influence from) I don't need to be told that her attire is highly impractical from both a riding perspective and fighting perspective. Plus, lets face it, the older fire emblem games had some rather shoddy armor designs (Marth's cuirass only covers his man-pecs!) and even the supposed "best" armor of the knights would result in an immobile, crippled soldier who couldn't move to save their life. It is honestly best to look past character designs from a practical sense.

Regarding Camilla's personality, I personally like it. Yeah, after seeing it initially i thought she was going to be the typical fire emblem seductress though the look of concern on her face when the trailer showed her talking to Kamui made me wonder if there was something more to her character, namely if she wasn't said seductress. Really, the new stuff about her being a doting older sister just vindicates my belief that she will end up being a really deep and interesting character. The fact that she looks attractive, (and she knows it, given how her design shows off a lot of her body) only helps to cement the deal for a potentially fascinating character, a lot better than the pure fan-service characters.

For m I am a a Camilla fan I cwn understand some people dislike for some are shallow like she has an amazing figure or her breast are big or she show to much skinor she seem a little to into a Kamui/Corrin much more than a normwl sister should be. Now me I can say her design is not the greatest it has it weak points that everyone has point it out over and over again, but Camilla seem like she a caring and kind person , abit bloodthirsty when it comes to Kamui/Corrin. She seem like a good nature person beside the obession with Kamui.