Which character(s) do you want/expect to have their name changed in localization?

Jester Capri

Yes, yes, FE:F/if had a wee preview during Treehouse with... surprises.

Certain characters kept their names like Elise and Camilla, while others had their names changed such as Xander, Leo, Kaze, etc.

So, who do you expect/want to have their name changed in FE:F?

For me, the only one I have so far is Lazward. It's honestly the stupidest sounding name in the game. I don't know what his localized name will be, but I both expect and want his name to change in FE:F.

I don't particularly have any idea who would have their named changed, nor whose name do I want to see changed. however, I hope most of the Hoshido names stay the same. it'll preserve the eastern feeling already established. (felt pointless to change Suzukaze to Kaze imo, but I guess it's still eastern so eh)

...but lol okay, now that you pointed it out, Lazward does sound dumb af. a bit hard to say too lol

I'm expecting a name change for most of the Hoshido characters (expect for maybe Sakura) and I really hope they change Lazward's name (I'd be okay with something like Lapis)

Edit: I've been hoping they would keep Cyrus' name, but he's Silas now and I'm not okay with it

Edited by Linfan

You people forget that things like Cyrus --> Silas were not "changes" to begin with, since Cyrus was simply what we interpreted his Japanese name to be based on the transliteration and wasn't actually an official English spelling. We just interpreted it wrong.

As long as Zero and Belka stay the way they are I'm fine.

I don't want awful changes like Zayne and Bella, blegh.

Huh, I really don't like either of those names, and I would welcome name changes.

Joker was the most important change though, and I'm so glad he got a more sensible name. Sadly, I really liked Harold, and Arthur feels a bit too dignified for a guy who gets two maps stolen by birds, but hey, I'll live.

I'm a bit scared for Hoshido, since they have more of a "traditional Japanese" names. I just hope the change won't be too bad.

i fear mostly for nishiki and tsubaki haha// /

I'm familiar with Japanese so I'm admittedly not the best judge of this, but Nishiki and Tsubaki seem simple enough for Westerners to manage. The "tsu" sound is a bit difficult, but if people can handle "tsunami" then Tsubaki should be alright (I hope).

The one I imagine is most likely to change on the Hoshido side is Tsukuyomi, since his name is a bit of a mouthful, similar to Suzukaze.

Kazahana is also a bit long but it isn't as bad, I think?

On the Nohr side, I may be wrong but I think names like Zero and Crimson will change, since NoA doesn't seem to dig "ordinary English word" names as much as Japan does. Luna might change because it's the name of a skill (the skill isn't called Luna in Japanese), and Lazward is ugh. I hope they don't arbitrarily change too many more perfectly good names like Harold though.

Edited by Bovinian

I'm familiar with Japanese so I'm admittedly not the best judge of this, but Nishiki and Tsubaki seem simple enough for Westerners to manage. The "tsu" sound is a bit difficult, but if people can handle "tsunami" then Tsubaki should be alright (I hope).

The one I imagine is most likely to change on the Hoshido side is Tsukuyomi, since his name is a bit of a mouthful, similar to Suzukaze.

Ahh true enough, but if they already managed to change up Elfie > Effie and Cryus > Silas then I'm not so sure what to expect at this point ;__; I heard that Kazahana might be changed to just Hana (which was pretty much what happened to Suzukaze), but Tsukuyomi... I can't wait to see what that will turn into

Ahh true enough, but if they already managed to change up Elfie > Effie and Cryus > Silas then I'm not so sure what to expect at this point ;__; I heard that Kazahana might be changed to just Hana (which was pretty much what happened to Suzukaze), but Tsukuyomi... I can't wait to see what that will turn into

Like I mentioned above, Cyrus > Silas shouldn't be considered a change, but rather that Cyrus was wrong to begin with. I can understand if you prefer Cyrus though, I think I do as well but it isn't that big a deal to me.

Like I mentioned above, Cyrus > Silas shouldn't be considered a change, but rather that Cyrus was wrong to begin with. I can understand if you prefer Cyrus though, I think I do as well but it isn't that big a deal to me.

Ahh I see i do prefer cyrus over silas though haha// I know I'll get used to the changes once the english version of the game comes out but...

I think maybe Luna, Odin and Lazward are subject to change to fit in more with their localised names. Odin seems fine because it sounds like Owain but Luna only really connects to Serena/Selena (her JP name) and Lazward only seems to connect to Azur/Azure, so I'm expecting those to change, especially Lazward. Maybe not Luna.

I could see his name being changed into Montoya or Westley, but I'm partial to the name Lazward or other transliterations like Rozwald or something.

On the Nohr side, I may be wrong but I think names like Zero and Crimson will change, since NoA doesn't seem to dig "ordinary English word" names as much as Japan does. Luna might change because it's the name of a skill (the skill isn't called Luna in Japanese), and Lazward is ugh. I hope they don't arbitrarily change too many more perfectly good names like Harold though.

I really feel like all of the first 3 names are likely to get changed. Tsukuyomi will probably get a new name entirely and Nishiki and Tsubaki seem likely to just get a few letters added or subtracted.

You're probably right about Zero but I could see Crimson staying for some reason, although they might remove a letter or two like with Inigo