Weird Crown dude shown: Iago

Anacybele

That crown dude we saw next to Garon in the one shot? He's revealed and his name is Iago. Yeah, the same as the bird from Aladdin. :P

He...looks so freaking creepy, but in a cool way, sorta. What do you guys who are watching the stream think? Imo, he has villain written all over him. He also reminds me of Dimentio from Super Paper Mario.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That crown dude we saw next to Garon in the one shot? He's revealed and his name is Iago. Yeah, the same as the bird from Aladdin. :P

He...looks so freaking creepy, but in a cool way, sorta. What do you guys who are watching the stream think? Imo, he has villain written all over him. He also reminds me of Dimentio from Super Paper Mario.

You can be named after the villain in a Shakespeare play without being a villain yourself.

But yeah this guys totally evil.

Edited by Eveangaline

Like I said, creepy as hell. But I actually like his design more than Validar's. This guy actually looks creepy in a cool way. And his name is awesome because like I said, the bird from Aladdin! That Iago was an awesome character. :3

And if anyone's wondering on how to pronounce the name, it's likely "ee-AH-goh" like the said Aladdin character. Almost a y sound at the beginning, followed by a short a and then the word go.

So is that his business attire? Half a helmet with feathers, a golden horn and some kind of halo? I bet it was Garon's idea; he secretly makes armor designs in his spare time and no one dares to not wear whatever he comes up with.

He seems to be the kind of guy who torture children during his free time...

Seeing him disagree with Garon is interresting. I wonder how important he'll end up being...

I'm thinking he'll be like Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, that's a reason he reminds me of him. Dimentio actually had his own agenda the entire time and turned out to be the real baddie in the end.

Maybe my stream is just too blurry, but he looks really different from every other character, almost like a different artstyle.

Or I'm just blind.

Anyways, he seems to be the boring evil advisor stereotype.

So is that his business attire? Half a helmet with feathers, a golden horn and some kind of halo? I bet it was Garon's idea; he secretly makes armor designs in his spare time and no one dares to not wear whatever he comes up with.

I legitimately hope that this becomes canon. Just imagine Garon doodling fashion designs on his throne while wearing eccentric reading glasses.

he reminds me of izuka from radiant dawn. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

He reminds me of Grima.

Wormtongue, I mean.

Edited by Rapier

I legitimately hope that this becomes canon. Just imagine Garon doodling fashion designs on his throne while wearing eccentric reading glasses.

This would explain sooo much. Though I'd be somewhat concerned at what Garon chose to dress his oldest daughter in then.

Is that supposed to be The Rhino from Spiderman?

Real talk though, he reminds me of Ryudo's brother from Grandia 2, he has the Rhino horn and everything.

Also lol at characters with no social etiquette or common sense using the "it's only logical excuse", seen that too many times now.

How did Grima Wormtongue find his way into Fire Emblem?

I'm not a fan of Iago. Clearly it's too much to ask for a villain who doesn't automatically scream "EVIL!!1!!!11!1!!1!" from IntSys anymore.

There's always the hope that Iago isn't actually a villain, but based on his support of Garon, it seems impossible at this point.

How did Grima Wormtongue find his way into Fire Emblem?

I'm not a fan of Iago. Clearly it's too much to ask for a villain who doesn't automatically scream "EVIL!!1!!!11!1!!1!" from IntSys anymore.

There's always the hope that Iago isn't actually a villain, but based on his support of Garon, it seems impossible at this point.

Since when are there big bads who don't automatically scream EVIL!!!!1111 in Fire Emblem? Aside from Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade?