Is genealogy end chapter always difficult?

Duncan Idaho

Yeah, Julia isn't fantastic in the arena. Is that silver swordmaster on ch 8? That guy is pain in the ass for most of my units, not just her. People don't like Tinny because she is somewhat hard to train (I love her, she kills like nobody's business, especially with Elwind.) Kill mechanics work with everything, so you can get a 100 kill Balmung if you're really up to it.

As for Lachesis's NPC's, keep Lach herself away from Evans and you should be fine. Heck, the only person who should be at Evans is Levin to recruit her once they arrive.

Yeah chapter eight, I just recruited Paty's brother. And he isnt so much of a problem for most of my units, sans Johaval (but I dont use him beyond getting him down to 1HP and have my healers heal him. easy way to boost their exp and get both of them promoted) I am working on Leif so I can promote him soon to Master Knight and pass onto him the Brave Lance with 100 kills. Also Ishtar here was surpisingly easy to kill with said spear. And later on Ced!forsety will pop up.

@Psych I got the Kight ring, but pawned it off on Ge

Nvm I had given it to Lewyn, ergo Ced has it, also holy hell Folsety Ced is a beast! 30 Speed+20! SPEED out of the tome, mother of god.

Ced%202_zpsymzgtdkb.png

Holy mother of god, and he has sixteen levels to go!

Edited by Duncan Idaho

Wait, this is the max stat version right? Or the 30 stat version? Ced shouldn't have capped speed because of a glitch.

This is not the results of a glitch, but rather I modded all characters of gen 1 to have 30 around the board sans HP which I made 80, only Altena is somehow affected, nor is he level 30 yet, he is level 16. Somehow this time around the stats are better for everyone. I never bothered to use the cheat codes for gen 2.

Edited by Duncan Idaho

No I mean even in legit FE4 Levin!Ced shouldn't have capped speed. His base is so high that it wraps back around to the Sage speed base.

Beats me how it happened, maybe the + 5 bonus modified something? you know what? As soon as I beat this chapter I'll upload my cheatfiles and the save & savestate I am using, so you guys can check what is going on.

Also Altena got better stats this time around

Altena%202_zps4ylqmx3u.png

:blink:

I think she got more than just "better stats." She breaks her caps! I honestly think it would be more fun to play the game legit, as you don't get such broken characters.

Did that years ago.

Here is the pack.

How to make use of this stuff: Not every character of the ENG patched game has matching adresses with the un patched rom, so fetch one (matters little if its headered or lacks one) and erase the (a) of the .cht load your game, load the save state (rename it if you want) and press the corresponding F button, overwirte it, close SNES9x re name the cheat file you just used so it has an (a) and repeat the same procedure as before with the b file.

Ok it has something to do with the save states.

Altena%203_zpsfrh31pip.png

Thats what happens when I reset the rom and load normally the game instead of pressing F1.

Also they are not broken, magic and crap defense can still pose a problem when the RNG decides 'eh y'know that 40% chance of getting hit? Lets make it 200%!' I had to sacrifice Altena so that Ares did not die (wouldn't mattered) then I had to use Corpul valkyrie staff to bring her back, and before Ares despite his RES a Tornado tome cleaved trough it.

Forgot to mention I love Tiny's moment of Shut up Hannibal! To Blume, I read her answer as if she were saying it in deadpan I couldnt help but laugh, it was awesome, and now at long last she is a Mage Hero. Arthur has been the one that needed to be babied for me, poor movement range until he gets a horse, but in so far he has been killed by so many criticals... (thank god for savestates)

Edited by Duncan Idaho

Finished it for the second time, after the AI decided to pull some RNG bullcrap and I had forgotten to save state I decided to abuse as much as I coul the Infinite movement glitch, turns out it was a good idea as it managed to help me reach Ishtar again in a lot less time. Still it would've been nice to know that unless you watch the RES of your enemy you cannot target them, I spent a bit thinking high and low that Ishtar had been given Inmunity from sleep or silence staves (both useful and very useful in stopping Julia on her tracks)

Also I wonder, does the game performs the equation to determine the stats of everybody once you reset? It could be tied to Cecil leadership stars glitch.

Still it would've been nice to know that unless you watch the RES of your enemy you cannot target them, I spent a bit thinking high and low that Ishtar had been given Inmunity from sleep or silence staves

? It was mentioned earlier your magic must be higher than the enemy's resistance to target them with a status staff. It goes without saying you'd need to pay attention to her res if you were planning to neutralise her that way.

Did that years ago.

Here is the pack.

How to make use of this stuff: Not every character of the ENG patched game has matching adresses with the un patched rom, so fetch one (matters little if its headered or lacks one) and erase the (a) of the .cht load your game, load the save state (rename it if you want) and press the corresponding F button, overwirte it, close SNES9x re name the cheat file you just used so it has an (a) and repeat the same procedure as before with the b file.

Ok it has something to do with the save states.

Altena%203_zpsfrh31pip.png

Thats what happens when I reset the rom and load normally the game instead of pressing F1.

Also they are not broken, magic and crap defense can still pose a problem when the RNG decides 'eh y'know that 40% chance of getting hit? Lets make it 200%!' I had to sacrifice Altena so that Ares did not die (wouldn't mattered) then I had to use Corpul valkyrie staff to bring her back, and before Ares despite his RES a Tornado tome cleaved trough it.

Forgot to mention I love Tiny's moment of Shut up Hannibal! To Blume, I read her answer as if she were saying it in deadpan I couldnt help but laugh, it was awesome, and now at long last she is a Mage Hero. Arthur has been the one that needed to be babied for me, poor movement range until he gets a horse, but in so far he has been killed by so many criticals... (thank god for savestates)

...criticals? What game ARE you playing?

...criticals? What game ARE you playing?

Fire Emblem Four, Genealogy of the holy war, tthe RNG usually finds a way to One shot my units somehow, be it from a boss getting a combination of skills, me never being able to land a hit even with 100% chance. Like one of the named units of the corpul chapter, the one that drops tornado, he usually is able to release a couple of very accurate tornado hits that hurt pretty much.

Example Altena with a slim spear has 61 avoid, an enemy with a Elfire spell has somehwere around 40% of hitting her (theoretical example) 9 out of 10 times she will be hitt, no if and buts, sometimes up to 75% of her health. Or at least I call criticals a unit having 30 HP losing it all in a single attack despite high DEF or RES.

A totally different example would be Seliph defending a position with 40 HP, an enemy waltzes in, attacks Seliph>Seliph loses all his HP in a single hit, despite the enemy only having slightly better stats.

Or like two incidents made me have to reload the start of thje turn, a random unit somehow managed to hit a max speed/luck Lackche but that wouldn't be all, no she had around 60 or so HP points, a single hit and bam, she was dead. It was one of those moutned units that come out of the second castle.

The other was one of the Baron units (I think) that protect Hilda (Blume's wife) their MAG in theory should be inferior to Tiny's resistance, once more the RNG bypassed that and landed a one hit kill on Tiny.

The RNG in this game simply loathes me.

? It was mentioned earlier your magic must be higher than the enemy's resistance to target them with a status staff. It goes without saying you'd need to pay attention to her res if you were planning to neutralise her that way.

No, I meant matching,Ced's Magic cap is 30, with a magic ring is 35, Ishtar res is capped at 30 with a bonus of +5, much like Julius cap. I wasnt aware that the staves would work if the magic matched the res of the nenemy, superior, yes but I was surprised that matching numbers would work.

Edited by Duncan Idaho

There's something very fishy. The RNG thing is just bad luck, can't blame that on the game. Criticals almost never occur because so few enemies even have it. Your units shouldn't be one shotted though, something screwed up. Altenna's thing is normal though, her res isn't god tier. Hell, most units are two shotted by magic. Ishtar never had capped resistance, 28 Magic Sety w/ magic ring can silence her, since you need more (not matching) magic than res for staves to work.

Hence I ask, what game ARE you playing?

I think it's safe to say that nobody here can advise you properly, since the units' stats are hacked to a point that it feels like a completely different game.

There's something very fishy. The RNG thing is just bad luck, can't blame that on the game. Criticals almost never occur because so few enemies even have it. Your units shouldn't be one shotted though, something screwed up. Altenna's thing is normal though, her res isn't god tier. Hell, most units are two shotted by magic. Ishtar never had capped resistance, 28 Magic Sety w/ magic ring can silence her, since you need more (not matching) magic than res for staves to work.

Hence I ask, what game ARE you playing?

I'll get you back on Ishtars resistance. I wasnt fully awake when I wrote the post. But yeah I had a long run of bad luck with Fire Emblem games. I recall some stuff happening to me in FE8 thats plain unfair a 1% Stone petrfying Arthur or Luthe and then get criticalled and so on, in Fe7 in the arena Hector missing with 99% all four hits, etc.

I got a fresh rom of EP and added a header to it then I patched it to english. I have a different rom patched.

I think it's safe to say that nobody here can advise you properly, since the units' stats are hacked to a point that it feels like a completely different game.

I'll just start the chapter and take some screen caps, tell me if there is any particular enemy I should focus on, so I can get to the bottom of this.

Hmm test so far only indicate that its very rare say for Ced to get hit, despite his 96 points of evasion (not sure if the rescue glitch takes into acount the bonus of the castle even if the unit is not in it but thats what his stat screen shows) anyway the only unit who managed to cause severe damaged was Burian with his axe.

Also no, my bad I had assumed it was Thoron what the barons used to kill Tinny, they have silver lances equiped, which hit pretty hard.

Edit, yeah my bad @Baldrick @momogeek2141 Ishtar has 27 res+5 of her tome (33 res total), that means that with a magic ring Ced does has more Magic, sorry about that.

I have pics of just about everybody sans Julius elite unit, also I am starting to piece what happens, numerous enemies on the chapter have brave weapons, allowing them to double, they tend to gang up on any unit and eventually my unit will die, same goes for the silver spear/Thoron wielders, just a couple of those that land a hit and I can kiss a few characters goodbye. I didn't realize because I tend to leave pressed the fast foward key.

Edited by Duncan Idaho