We have the answer to "is marriage in this game?"

Tackman

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite excited actually. I loved the way children worked in FE:A, I just hope it doesn't involve more... Timetravel.

I'm quite excited actually. I loved the way children worked in FE:A, I just hope it doesn't involve more... Timetravel.

I think that's what everyone is feeling.

Children: Good

Time Travel: Bad

I just don't see how it's possible to have children without time travel, though.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I am really happy to see s-rank supports;

I loved the children mechanic in awakening and will wait til i judge it in fe:fates/if.

I dont want to hate on /or criticize anything while not having all the infos.

The only part of this I really don't want to be true is the part claiming that each character will only be able to marry a limited number of people. I don't know why people seem to think that taking options away from the players will magically make the writing of the supports better, but it really won't.

The limited options are most likley talking about Kamui's siblings.

As long as you cannot marry children unless they are to other children and that time travel is not in the game(Unless it is a time skip)or, unless the kids are from the future but you visit said place in the outrealms.(If that is a thing in Fates)

Calm down everyone, let's wait for new info before starting to yell at everything.

Maybe it's only for the 3rd route, who knows?

The leaker on 2ch says it's for both sides, with Nintendo Dream apparently suggesting that you use face-rubbing to make up for the limited support-building time on the Nohr side.

That'd only work with Kamui though.

Say, let's make things up for the sake of an example:

Arthur/Harold can have a child, and his possible spouses are Effie/Elfie, Charlotte and (ew) Elise. WHILE there is enough time for you to develop all of these relationships in the main story, your only option can then be StreetPass battles to grind supports, but even then, what if they removed support growth from StreetPass battles like they did with EXP?

This would become a big problem if you wanted all of the children; what if the last character you get can get an S support only if you keep him/her with his/her spouse until the second-to-last chapter.

The children mechanic sounds horrible for Nohr, as much as it was for the harder modes in Awakening if tackled without grinding.

Also, I'm assuming either Gaidens butt-in your story progress as soon as you get the S rank, or they can be accessed from My Castle.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

Have the parents never age visually.

it's anime so they never age anyway

FE4 had characters that returned in gen2 age.

...but there were only two returning characters from gen 1 so they only had to make two portraits lol. (Finn and Oifey)

Edited by L95

I looked through this entire topic and basically saw people getting upset at FE14 doing things that FE4 was doing. Children were in FE4 and I've seen the entire game in action, Fire Emblem 4 was a mess, yet it's considered the greatest game in the series. I wish people would stop complaining about an aspect of one game, while praising the same exact thing in another game in the series.

The only part of this I really don't want to be true is the part claiming that each character will only be able to marry a limited number of people. I don't know why people seem to think that taking options away from the players will magically make the writing of the supports better, but it really won't.

Because there are some characters that have no business getting married and the writing didn't make sense in those scenarios.

Lon'qu and Nowi are a good example of that.

Kanna's dialogue about going to the "outer world" with her father makes me think that there might be some odd My Castle magic involved. It sounds kind of creepy though, if these children are somehow magically grown up inside the My Castle.

Edited by NeonZ

The limited options are most likley talking about Kamui's siblings.

I wouldn't mind if that were the case. Honestly while I probably wouldn't use it myself and understand why people wouldn't want it I'd prefer they were marriageable too, because options, but I know that's never going to happen.

Also, I'd like to point out that when Garon gives Kamui their magic sword he describes it as something along the lines of 'being infused with power from another world', and there's also the imagery in various trailers of portals and such like that make it highly likely that this game will involve other dimensions/times in some capacity at least, regardless of whether this is fake or not.

Kanna's dialogue about going to the "outer world" with her father makes me think that there might be some odd My Castle magic involved. It sounds kind of creepy though, if these children actually somehow magically grown up inside the My Castle.

Maybe the Outrealm is involved?

Where the time travel thing is confirmed ?

I think we can say children are back, it's true. But where there is any mention of a time-travel thing ?

I looked through this entire topic and basically saw people getting upset at FE14 doing things that FE4 was doing. Children were in FE4 and I've seen the entire game in action, Fire Emblem 4 was a mess, yet it's considered the greatest game in the series. I wish people would stop complaining about an aspect of one game, while praising the same exact thing in another game in the series.

I think that's what everyone is feeling.

Children: Good

Time Travel: Bad

I just don't see how it's possible to have children without time travel, though.

FE4 didn't use time travel, which is what everyone has a problem with.

The leaker on 2ch says it's for both sides, with Nintendo Dream apparently suggesting that you use face-rubbing to make up for the limited support-building time on the Nohr side.

That will only raise the relationship between Kamui and his/her marriage partner though, it wouldn't help raising support levels between the other units to get their children.

FE4 didn't have time travel shenanigans, which is what most people hate more than the children themselves.

On the bottom screen where you can see Shara/not!Tharja talking, she's saying "Fufufu...so you're here, Father." The right side is cut off, but if Tsukuyomi doesn't have some sort of older portrait that implies a timeskip, time travel seems like the most obvious explanation.