Male characters and... (spoilers)

Kamui-of-Nohr

Okay, I'm not sure if this belongs in kid's topic or not but those topics are overridden with drama and hopes that is not fake. This topic is discussing of how the children mechanic would work with more fathers this time without breaking the game's balance.

EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong. Children could still be tied to mothers. But Shara inheriting Orochi's hair color is still odd to me.

Edited by Kamui-of-Nohr

I am hoping that rather then children being tied to a certain parent, that instead certain characters produce children while others do not regardless of gender.

EDIT:Also, maybe certain pairs of characters make certain children like Tsukuyomi and Orochi make Sara? and Kamui and Felicia make Kinna?.

Edited by Azz01

I am hoping that rather then children being tied to a certain parent, that instead certain characters produce children while others do not regardless of gender.

EDIT:Also, maybe certain pairs of characters make certain children like Tsukuyomi and Orochi make Sara? and Kamui and Felicia make Kinna?.

Agreed. I'd like it if some pairings simply didn't have children and that the kids had coherent personalities that matched both parents.

Assuming that children are in and considering how there seems to be more fathers (Not!Ricken's child Shanna for an example) around this time, how would this work mechanically speaking? In Awakening and FE4, children was tied to the mother's so it wouldn't break the mechanics? Male Avatar and Chrom was the exceptions as they are the lords.

Not sure where you got that.

Currently we have 19 confirmed male characters and 20-21 confirmed female characters (Depending on whether blue haired maid is playable). Not counting Mikoto/Garon but they'd cancel out anyway and not counting the Avatar who can be either.

However, the limited romance options makes me hope for less generic father supports, possibly a unique child per pairing to make them feel like the product of both parents rather than just the mother. For example, Severa's entire character is built on her relationship with Cordelia. Her relationship with her father, while existant, was generic and none of her personality comes from him. I wouldn't get hopes up for unique child per pairing, though.

I posted this in the other thread before seeing this one.

So uh yeah.

It makes more sense here

Not sure where you got that.

Currently we have 19 confirmed male characters and 20-21 confirmed female characters (Depending on whether blue haired maid is playable). Not counting Mikoto/Garon but they'd cancel out anyway and not counting the Avatar who can be either.

It's been deduced. I think we will be getting more fathers than Awakening. Tell me why would a male side character in Hoshido would have a child? To me, that is pointing towards more fathers than Awakening's 2.

Maybe they simply reversed the roles this time?

With children being tied to the male characters, while getting their hair colour from their mother.

Though I rather like the idea of certain couples having unique children.

The best (if incredibly unrealistic) way to do it would be to make each couple that can have a child have a unique kid. This would mean a lot of possible kids though, unless most couples simply didn't have one, so I'm certain it's not going to be done. It would really make who you paired matter though, and mutually exclusive kids would really increase replayability. They would also actually feel like the offspring of both parents rather than just the one.

It's been deduced. I think we will be getting more fathers than Awakening. Tell me why would a male side character in Hoshido would have a child? To me, that is pointing towards more fathers than Awakening's 2.

Deduced? How? Could you perhaps elaborate or maybe clean up the grammar barf that was this post?

Deduced? How? Could you perhaps elaborate or maybe clean up the grammar barf that was this post?

I'm currently not on a computer now. I'm bound to make mistakes just like anybody else typing on a phone.

By "fathers" OP apparently meant fathers who have set children, unlike in Awakening where only Chrom and male Robin had set children. That should have been clearer in the original post.

I'm still not seeing how you deduced that there would be more fathers than mothers.

...I'm not seeing of how you could possibly think I'd said that. I'm saying there could be more fathers than what Awakening offered. Not more than mothers. There is a difference between the two.

Simple as that.

...I'm not seeing of how you could possibly think I'd said that. I'm saying there could be more fathers than what Awakening offered. Not more than mothers. There is a difference between the two.

Simple as that.

Thank you. Your first post was ambiguous.